Poll: Are you a Camper

Maelgwyn

Nov 26, 2009
I like camping - especially on the coast with the sand and the sea and the quiet...

Wait... wrong camping...

Personally I dont like camping - most games are made to be pushes and the like - though snipers arent camping per se (unless at a spawn point) but the other classes (in TF2 - excludes engineers) need to be somewhat mobile.

In saying that, I dont play FPSes often...

tologna

Aug 6, 2009
i usually find a spot overlooking other know camping-spots, and camp the other campers. great way to get kills btw. in a way i'm a counter-camper.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
It depends. I don't stay in a single room with a launcher pointed at the door, but I try to stay in a securible location on the map, roughly the size of one office building in the rooftop level. I move around within that area, but I am really trying to play the game in a defensive manner.

And I find it odd that you say campers ruin the game when you are so fucking wonderful with the Vector/running around.

jojoemon

May 20, 2008
I don't camp cause i play scout in tf2. Camping is a great way to die a lot and get no kills as a scout. Also, on a semi-related side note, camping pyros need to go burn in a hell where no flame-retardent fire suit will save them.

IanB.

Mar 26, 2008
Not often, but it's fun getting +20 back stabs in one life because the situationally unaware sniper doesn't check for me and my cloak and dagger. >:3

Mrkittycat

Dec 2, 2009
I try to camp, but i always get so bored just sitting there. There are occasions where i'm attempting to camp, and the enemy decides to camp in front of me.
(Those are fun times)

Binerexis

Dec 11, 2009
I've never seen what's so bad about camping and campers. If one guy who never moves from the same spot is constantly killing you, why don't you walk a different way around the map and ambush them or throw a grenade?

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
With the exception of the Engineer class in TF2(can't really move the turret), no I don't camp. If I feel like staying in one spot the whole game I'll go get a sniper rifle, otherwise I'll keep on the move and have fun.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
yeah, you could say i camp, sometimes, when its tactically feasible, but usually not for intentional griefing, unless making you lose the match is called griefing.

THAT'S RIGHT, I'M IN YOUR BASE, KILLING YOUR DUDES.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
The only reason I do it is because the complaining you guys do fills me with joy and satisfaction.

UnlimitedCreativity

Dec 9, 2009
I dont mind campping unless they are using a heartbeat sensor with their back against a wall. This would be less of a problem if the grenades and flashbangs in MW2 actually did something when you throw them around a corner, but it as it stand you pretty much have to hit the idoit with the flashbang to stun him ( and even if you do they normally just spray and kill you anyways. Other than that camping is a legit tactic. Setting up a good overlapping cover system in a team deathmatch is one of the hardest and most rewarding things you can do in a shooter. In one match in Highrise my team dug in and had all angles covered, people kept to their positions and we demolished the other team. This is how it would be done in real life. Yeah I hate people who hide in a room only to be seen when their heartbeat sensor points out that a guy with a guy is running around outside the door, but honestly if everyone were running around in the open youd have a james bond game and not Modern Warfare

evilgrim

Nov 18, 2009
If we're not counting the sniper then no.

But are we counting the Engie from TF2?
He's a camper at heart too..

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
I am incredibly impatient and if I camp I just get bored after about 10 seconds.

Also I'm not a **** who puts doing well over having fun.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
I camp only in RTS games. Like Starcraft or Star Wars: empire at War.

The Terrans and Empire were practically made for it.

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
No.
Nevar.
If it's deathmatch and half if not all the enemies are alive and my buddies are facedown on the ground that means it's time to go ballsy and take as many sons a bitches as you can with you.
Unless this is like, TF2, and you're a spy, just trying to wait to regenerate his cloak bar I don't see any excuses.