Poll: Are you a geek, nerd, both, neither?

DoctorWhat

v11.1 beta2
Apr 10, 2009
If you're going by those definitions, then I'm definitely a geek. One who can use his geekiness to his advantage, or even hide it away in certain social circles; but a geek nonetheless.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I would of said nerd, but according to the definitions, im neither...... slight crimp in my day that

Then again, people say videogame nerds are a different breed, so i'll go with that

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
Neither, More skater/Musician/Lil bit of rebel/House party drunkness kinda guy.

Tbh i really am not bothered about school as i know i'll do shite anyway so i've just spent all my school years so far doing the things (as shown above) that define me.

What would i be labelled as?? me and my mates really don't have name for it. :S

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
I have an undeniable aspect of nerdiness that I embrace and accept as part of my personality.

I have something for this called the magpie test.

As soon as something shiny enough shows up, nerd will flock.

Startrek
Starwars
Firefly
etc.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Geek. I'm shooting for IT studies, and pretty much gonna be with computers for my whole life. And I couldn't be happier for that.

Also, that definition of nerd isn't really truthful - it also means a person that enjoy studying, a lot.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
IMO, a nerd is someone who knows how to fix stuff, can do high level maths, knows too much science, can write in html etc. and posts on forums.
A geek is a collecter of some sort that games a lot and knows the grapple rules of at least one tabletop game. However, this can be downplayed by being what the Americans call a Jock (not what we Brits call a Jock... although they are both sweaty).

Ergo I am a total nerd, but my geekiness although initally high is offset by the fact that I play a lot of sport and am actually quite athletic e.g. definitely a nerd with a hint of geek.

EDIT:
dietpeachsnapple said:
I have an undeniable aspect of nerdiness that I embrace and accept as part of my personality.

I have something for this called the magpie test.

As soon as something shiny enough shows up, nerd will flock.

Startrek
Starwars
Firefly
etc.
Must have missed this one when preparing my answer. I'm definitely a nerd. Mmm, shiny stuff in space.

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
I have a girlfriend, so I stand above "geek" and "nerd".

Mohahahahaha

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
I'm sorry but I'm complex enough as a person that a one-word label is inadequate to describe me. I feel sorry for anyone whose entire sum of being can be reduced to one word.

Yoshemo

Jun 23, 2009
Personally, I consider nerds as computer and gaming people, and geeks as the "I love dungeons and dragons and go to star wars cons" guys

Im a nerd :D

Randomtime

Apr 2, 2009
I would have said that it was the nerds that went to the Science fiction conventions with pointy ears

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
I am a Freak of Nature. It says so on my old Academic Decathlon shirt, so it must be true.

r0manz

Jul 17, 2008
I think that geeks are the 'cool nerds' while nerds are dorky pimpled boys with no social skills.

I'd like to think I'm in the former, obviously.

Kaisikudo

Sep 30, 2009
I'm very intelligent, but I'm lazy and do badly in school.

I'm shy, but not enough to call me socially awkward.

So I'd say either a little of both, or neither.