Poll: Are you a Tsundere?

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
A very minor one. In the sense that I constantly scowl and look straight ahead as my modus operandum (it's not operandi is it? I don't know f***ing Latin...), and don't engage easily, but really, I hardly ever do anything cruel to people I know.

(Although I have this one friend who constantly posts those terrible Facebook statuses that you just have to ruin, but that's a service to society).

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Few people actually are. It's an annoying character feature since it's used so often in anime, and yet is found so rarely in real life.

FatalFox

Jan 18, 2012
Stasisesque said:
FatalFox said:
I'm not familiar with anime because I don't like it, but looking "Tsundere" up in Tv tropes and the person informing me of what it is condecends me for doing so? man, talk about being disrespectful to someone who wants to learn more about sayings and tropes =/
But yeah, on the OT: no
Uhm, I think you missed the point of the opening sentence. It's demonstrating the term straight off the bat, y'know, for comedy. It's not actually an attempt to patronise you. You only need to click the link under 'demonstrate' for that to be explained.
Sorry, I was tired and it sort of jumped out at me, lol.
But yeah, terms n shit, not my strongest side, but after reading what it was I think I fall on the side of "no"

I often find such people to be a little intimidating, a friend of mine is a really great guy but can be harsh as hell and flip on a dime between friendly and venomous.
I think a better description would be either bi-polar or extreme insecurity.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
No, though I can see why you'd make that mistake. The whole "nice" part is just an act to make it hurt more when I say cruel stuff. Truth is, I'm just a plain and simple bastard.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Fasckira said:
Helmholtz Watson said:
Why are you using some absurd japanese word and not typing in english?

No, I am not bi-polar.
Beat me to it.

Its either being bi-polar or at least being considered to have anger management issues. Giving it a Japanese word doesn't make it any more socially acceptable.
It's not the same as bi-polar or anger issues and there's no english translation. Not to mention tsundere is a lot shorter than saying someone who seems cold and abrasive on the outside but actually has a hidden softer side.

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
karcentric said:
I was once described as a sociopath. But I suspect that's different.
Yes. Yes it is.
On that note, should you not be preparing a surprise for your neighbour and long time 'friend'
Now if you will excuse me, I have some business to attend to.
*walks out the door casually juggling with daggers*

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
TehCookie said:
Fasckira said:
Helmholtz Watson said:

No, I am not bi-polar.
Beat me to it.

Its either being bi-polar or at least being considered to have anger management issues. Giving it a Japanese word doesn't make it any more socially acceptable.
It's not the same as bi-polar or anger issues and there's no english translation. Not to mention tsundere is a lot shorter than saying someone who seems cold and abrasive on the outside but actually has a hidden softer side.
See you say that, but anyone that isn't Japanese or a "Weeabo"(Oh how I loathe to use that word) ever knows what it means. It saves no time at all, because to anyone rationally picking their vocabulary will need it to be explained to them. Lets face it, it could easily be described as Borderline Personality Disorder, or a front for inner issues. Or a extremely indecisive nutter. Even the idea of calling myself a Tsundere makes me wince, I just don't understand the need to use obscure Japanese naming conventions in place of traditional speech.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
elvor0 said:
TehCookie said:
Fasckira said:
Helmholtz Watson said:

No, I am not bi-polar.
Beat me to it.

See you say that, but anyone that isn't Japanese or a "Weeabo"(Oh how I loathe to use that word) ever knows what it means. It saves no time at all, because to anyone rationally picking their vocabulary will need it to be explained to them. Lets face it, it could easily be described as Borderline Personality Disorder, or a front for inner issues. Or a extremely indecisive nutter. Even the idea of calling myself a Tsundere makes me wince, I just don't understand the need to use obscure Japanese naming conventions in place of traditional speech.
You're on a nerdy forum on the internet, look at how many people know what it means. It's like going to the southern parts of America and yelling at people for saying gracias.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
I'm generally nice when you meet me, then I can be a little...brash when you get to know me. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends, but I'm not exactly the nicest person in the world to them. :p

I'm like the exact opposite of tsundere.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I try to be friendly in general, but I apparently come off as arrogant when I'm not meaning to in the slightest. At leas that's what my girlfriend says. The sheer number of misunderstandings that happen between people because they won't just ask questions is astoundingly sad.

That said, I try to ask and be up front with things. Then again, love is a different story.

Online: Confident, talkative, apparently funny sometimes, completely up front with what I want.

Offline: Shy, cloistered off, still accidentally funny sometimes, and awkwardly unable to approach or even begin the conversation that would lead to what I want...yet still fully aware of the person and wishing I had more of a spinal column.

That was me prior to meeting the current girl, and she's the one who pushed the relationship, so I'm not 100% on how I'd approach things now, but eh.

TL;DR

Probably just a Dandere...or Kuudere.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
No. I'm not outgoing enough to be mean and sassy to people I don't, though there will be a length of time before I get comfortable enough to act more myself. The reverse also exists - the type of person who is nice to strangers because of social protocol or what not but when you get to know them you find out they're real assholes.

Helmholtz Watson said:

No, I am not bi-polar.
It's not the same thing really, I mean there's plenty of examples of it in Western works and you wouldn't call it something as drastic as "bipolar." Princess Leia, Miss Piggy, Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender, and possibly the old guy from Up.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I-It's not like I'm posting in your thread so you could notice me! Baka onii-chan!