Poll: are you bespectacled ?

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Glasses... for about 23 years now.

My eyes are so sensitive, i can't take in contacts... very annoying.

Also: Hm i see most on this site are damned four-eyes. I see some correlation.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I can't see clearly more than 6 feet in front of my face without my glasses. The only times I take them off are when I'm taking a shower, sleeping, or cuddling with my girlfriend.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
My eyes were fine until this year where they gradually deteriorated to the point I couldn't read the board in school when sitting near the back. So now I have glasses.

Mimssy

Dec 1, 2009
J03bot said:
Fear my perfect eyesight!

...Are you fearing it? Oh, OK then.

Express some emotion towards my perfect eyesight!
We can sit upon our mighty tower of perfect eyesight and scoff as the glasses-wearing masses wander below us (and of course we will be able to see them in great detail because our eyes are flawless).

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Yopaz said:
Brutal Peanut said:
I need my glasses for everything BUT reading. How's that for eyesight? lol
Q
Quite common actually. If you have problems seeing things from a distance, you have increased or just as good ability to see things that are close. Simply means you're near sighted.
I know, I wasn't actually asking a serious question to the forums - I probably shouldn't have even put it. It was just something that my Optometrist said during my last eye-check that my spouse and I always laugh, and it entered my mind at the time,.. but thank you.

Burck

Aug 9, 2009
Jaeger_CDN said:
I was for about 30 years before getting my eyes zapped with lasers, I should done it years ago instead of waiting
Neat, how was it getting the operation? Any price concerns or annoying tid-bits?

I've been wearing glasses since about 4th grade and started wearing contacts in 8th grade.
Now I typically wear glasses when I don't feel like putting in my contacts and wearing my contacts most days I go out.

In college, there are days I'll skip putting in contacts just to get out the door faster.

conmag9

Aug 4, 2008
I wear glasses, since the idea of gaming slices of glass in my eyes doesn't really appeal to me that much and my vision is mostly poor.

I take them off to read though, as they tend to get very dirty very quickly and, while that's not a problem most of the time, is noticeable when reading. Cleaning them usually just spreads the blurs.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Unfortunately. I like the way they look, but they can sometimes be annoying to have to constantly keep up with. I don't dig the idea of having to watch someone cut open my eye and shoot a laser in it, though.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I'm slightly farsighted in my right eye, but it's not nearly enough for me to need glasses or anything. There's some peripheral vision problems in my family, but I don't really have them.

RachaelIsaacHill

Jun 27, 2011
I wear contacts every day. I know technically I should wear my glasses sometimes to give my eyes rest or something, but I hate having my vision confined to a tiny box. My vision is bad enough that I can't do a thing without them, but I move my eyes to look at things more than my head, and glasses just mess up the whole system I've got going.

evenest

Dec 5, 2009
Since my seventh grade year. probably needed them a year or two earlier. I mostly wear contacts.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
J03bot said:
Fear my perfect eyesight!

...Are you fearing it? Oh, OK then.

Express some emotion towards my perfect eyesight!
Agreed. I have almost perfect vision. When I underwent a physical examination for being a pilot at like, age 15 I was told that my vision is perfect and my hearing is ridiculous to the point where the tester hadn't encountered anyone with hearing that good in his life. :)

My vision has deteriorated slightly but I can still see well enough that I don't need glasses at all. I asked my optometrist if I could have some to prevent any damage and he said "Go buy a pair of polarised sunglasses then."

I do have photophobia though, so there's that.

conmag9 said:
I wear glasses, since the idea of gaming slices of glass in my eyes doesn't really appeal to me that much and my vision is mostly poor.

I take them off to read though, as they tend to get very dirty very quickly and, while that's not a problem most of the time, is noticeable when reading. Cleaning them usually just spreads the blurs.
You need a solvent spray.

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
You know it's easier to just say if you have glasses or not. You might confuse some of the people who can't handle big words like bespectacled.

And no, i don't have glasses

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Well, I wear glasses for watching TV, driving etc, just a little amblyopia 'cause of extensive work on PCs and gaming ^^