Poll: are you bespectacled ?

Hertzey

Oct 13, 2009
I started wearing glasses when I was eight. 20 years later I can't even read normal print a foot away from my face. One eye is 500/20 the other is 800/20. The last time I went in for glasses I asked the doctor about contacts (I love doing cos-play and most people don't wear glasses), he said they would be expensive and would have to use hard lenses. As I can barely stand eye drops we decided this was not a good idea. I will be bespectacled for the rest of my life. Granted, I like wearing my glasses. In fact, once I took them off and was rubbing my eyes when my sister came into the room and started asking me who I was. I had to put my glasses back on for her to recognize me. One co-worker hates when I take off my glasses because my eyes readjusting creeps him out. So yeah, I wear glasses, but I like them.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Shiny Koi said:
I am a casual glasses-wearer. I can read all this without glasses, but it's not as effortless.

Basically, for me, glasses just make the world clearer and sharper, but I've gone a long time without them -- I only got them recently. Sometimes I like to wear them just because they look damn good, but I can see the complaints that glasses-wearers have. The lenses do get mucky fast (how? I don't know) and they kind of hurt behind the ears after a long time.
If they hurt they aren't well configurated, everyone who has complains like this should visit his/her optometrist again.
Sometimes I even forget that I wear glasses.

Lord Doomhammer

Apr 29, 2008
Country
United States

Glasses, wire frame, no border... super light and they change with the daylight...
Been with my eye-wear since the middle of primary school... so what? like 12 years now... god I feel old.

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
I wear glasses when I play games, watch TV or use the computer (it's hooked up to my TV). Otherwise, no. I've had them for about a year. I think, I'm not sure.

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
I've had my glasses since...grade 7 when my teacher ruined my eyesight with needlessly loopy writing and a crappy chalkboard....so about 6 years.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
J03bot said:
Fear my perfect eyesight!

...Are you fearing it? Oh, OK then.

Express some emotion towards my perfect eyesight!
Ahh your perfect eye sight it feels so...SIMILAR TO MINE! Im cowering :(

Sep 14, 2009
The_Decoy said:
I do, and so do most of my friends who are guys, the girls don't however. Is there something that guys do that increases their propensity towards near or short sightedness?

DJDarque said:
Wearing glasses. No offense, but you might want to expand your vocabulary.
This made me giggle :D

J03bot said:
Express some emotion towards my perfect eyesight!
Well done for not inheriting crappy genes? I must've only had like a one in four chance of getting shitty eyes, kinda bad luck :/
in my area i would argue opposite, (not that it's a big deal nor matters in the slightest, hell most the girls look really cute with the glasses so no problems here) 1 in 8 of my guy friends has glasses while nearly 50% of girls i know where glasses or contacts.

personally i have always had amazing vision and i love carrots so that tops it off right there, and a few of my friends that have good vision also do, i can stare at this computer screen in the dark until kingdom come and my eyes will be still sharp as can be.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Quite.

I recently got some fashionable titanium frames made by Oakley. I was thrilled to learn that someone was actually going out of their way to make eyeglasses more fashionable.

I had the opportunity to get ICLs (implanted collamer lenses, a type of surgical vision correction) a while back, and decided against it due to the potential for complications.

If I had one complaint against wearing glasses, it's that they limit your peripheral vision significantly, and if you plan on participating in a contact sport you'd better get a pair of safety goggles or learn to do without.

Either that or get contacts. Contacts don't have those problems (they have other problems, to be sure), but they definitely take some getting used to.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, I've been wearing glasses since I was about 8 years old (I'm 18 now, by the way). I guess all my sitting in front of the NES, N64, and The Science Channel (SCIENCE!) slowly did me in.

ipop@you

Oct 3, 2008
Yep, glasses wearer for 11 years now and I wouldn't have it any other way. Not that I can, fell into a goddamn fish bowl and cut a bit of my iris out. Oh yeah and then I had a cataract, in the same eye, and I'm only 15. My prescription is about a 7.5 in one eye and a -5.5 in the other.

alfawx

Nov 1, 2010
According to many an optometrist, I probably won't be getting glasses until I'm in my 60s or 70s, which is nice. Ironically, I'm the only non bespectacled person in my immediate family. Inn other news, YAY! 100 POSTS! (That took way too long...)

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Yup. Glasses since 9 years back.

I can't see myself without them though and when I wear contacts I feel naked for some wierd reason.

Tyzamar

Apr 13, 2010
I wear my glasses quite a bit. Pretty much all the time. Does anyone know if it's true that your vision will worsen if you wear glasses all the time? Someone told me if you succumb to your glasses your vision will weaken at a slightly faster rate.