Poll: Are You Cancelling Your Credit Card over the Steam Hack?

NathLines

May 23, 2010
No need. I use a randomly generated credit card nummer whenever I buy something. I did change my password though.

Psycho78

Jan 12, 2011
No, I'll change my password but not too worried about the card. I'll keep an eye on it.

the trooper

Oct 17, 2009
I dont have my credit card info on my account as i deleted it ages ago, like back when ps network got hacked. Looks like it payed well to be cautious. I have changed my password though

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
With all these hackings I'm glad I use a debit card. The most they could get out of that thing is a few hundred as opposed to a few thousand. Credit cards are for fools.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I have changed my password for now, but at the tiniest sight of stealing it's being removed and maybe blocked from use.

Mr.Tea said:
Nope. I mainly use Paypal... but the last credit card I used was one of those prepaid reloadable Visa ones and there's only a couple bucks left on it; I'd love to see someone defraud that! :p

[sub]Just kidding, I don't want a banhammer[/sub]

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
i don't use credit cards.
why you ask?
the reason for this forum.
i use cash, check, and cards that i can buy at a REAL store that i can use to add funds to my online account.
there is no way i'm going to willingly link my money to the internet.

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
Nope, They use very strong encryption, I mainly use paypal there anyways. I also use a different password for every account I have open.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Dudeio said:
StBishop said:
Dudeio said:
StBishop said:
Credit card? Really? Get Palpal and worry less. Set up a separate account which has instant transfers from your main account which has a debit card attached. Problem solved.

It'll probably cost less than a credit card too.
And when Paypal gets hacked? What then? You're never safe from having your card stolen.
I don't think I explained myself correctly.

My paypal currently has ~$3.00 in it.

If I wanted there could be all the money I need there within minutes. However this requires access to both: my banking, and my paypal.

But then, there's always risk in anything. Using all of the systems at your disposal will make it harder for anyone trying to steal from you. Like putting your rolex in a safe which is in your locked house. If they know the combination to the safe but can't get into your house, you keep your watch; if they get in your house, but can't crack the safe, you keep your watch.

I also recommend banking with more than one bank. Don't keep all of your eggs in one basket.

Make more sense?

If someone were able to get access to both of these I'd hope that at least one of the companies involved would help in recovering the stolen funds. If not, there's savings which is handled completely offline.

No, I'm not paranoid. I'm prepared.
If someone steals my paypal account password they can go on ebay and buy all the shit they want with my paypal without me having any money on my account, paypal takes it anyways and I'll end up in negative.
and while we are at it, you should always wear gloves when handling paper money! What happens if the store you are buying from is secretly a government agency that will use your fingerprints and DNA to put you on the NWO death lists and track your every move!?!?!?!??!!
/sarcasm

Unless you stay in a whole your whole life, you are at risk. It's a fact of life, all you can do is minimize risk and damage control.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I'd consider that an overreaction. We don't know IF it was stolen, let alone that they can decrypt it, and the latter sounds like they've got their work cut out for them. If anything goes amiss with my credit card statement (which gets checked regularly), I can sort it out quickly.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Don't own a credit card nor have I had any financial info put onto my steam account yet. A password change on both my email and Steam account are the only actions I feel I need to do.

Nebraskaslim

Apr 6, 2011
So to StBishop I assume then that you have lots of physical cash on you at all times too since you said you are prepared. If all you money is sitting in a bank all that has to happen for you to lose it all is the sun deciding to shoot a random bit of itself at us and poof there goes all your money, granted if that happens there goes all our nice electronics but still.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
No but I did take it off my account.
So far, no charges but I'm thankful I've got insurance. >.>

Trololo Punk

May 14, 2011
Changed password and have the steam protection thing. Though I don't save my credit card and payment info when I purchase something anyways.

Spud of Doom

Feb 24, 2011
After seeing that they use AES256, I am no longer worried. Thanks for whover posted that email.

All I did was change my Steam password and also I used that same password on one other site, so that's been changed too.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
I only have a prepaid card on my account, which I used to buy TF2 items so I could upgrade to premium now there's only like $1 in my wallet so there's no point.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
I changed my Steam password and on popular sites that had the same password. Those a re just extra precautions, I reckon it'll be alright. As long as Steam isn't brought down whilst I'm trying to play Skyrim, I'm happy.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I havnt bought anything on it for over a year and yhe credit card is no longer vlaid or whatever, so no.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
No... Because I use paypal for all my purchases, and I have already changed that password, just in case. Take that hackers! Won't be scamming any money from this smart guy today!