Poll: Are you closer to your Mum or Dad

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Neither... and fuck em both.

Both were verbally abusive and they let my older brother beat the tar out of me daily. The one time i fought back, they berated me and grounded me. They praised my brother for bringing home awards and metals (he did boxing, kick boxing, judo, tae kwon do,and a few other martial arts). I did art and theater. They gave him 5 vehicles which he ran into the ground in 6 years. They told me to get a job to get a car (i wanted the car so i could get a job, living in the middle of nowhere sucked).

When my brother got drunk and beat me so bad i had to go to the ER, They said,
" Get over it. Its not like he killed you." I personally disowned my brother and moved out but not after he stole alot of things from my room. My mom said " He only went in there with a back pack. He couldn't of stolen anything of value."

Its been 10 years since I've talked to my brother. And, my mom and brother think i need to get over myself about the whole situation (My dad died about 5 years ago so he hasn't had anything to say). My bro is currently in jail for 2nd degree murder after which his drug dealing came to light. My mom still talks about him like he is the second coming of Jesus Christ. She wants in my life to be closer to my son... Fuck her. Right in her stupid neck with a shiv.

Sorry for the rant. I've never felt close to my blood family.

Edit- If it matters, I'm 28, and Male.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I can't really say. I get into arguments with my dad VERY often, but I feel closer to him. That being said he works Monday-Friday so I hardly see him (Maybe at night, he gets home tired) so I spend more time with my mother, whom I also argue with.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Male, and I'd have to say I'm closer to my mother.
My father and I are close too, but I think I take more after my mother than him.

We basically have the same personality.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Male,closer to my father. My father is an ex-soldier,and my mother is still serving,and both are very proud of the fact. And they ran the home like BMQ. But,I was never really close to my mother,since she is what you would get if you made Drill Instructor Heartman a woman and gave her blood red hair. She does care,but she is EXTREMELY overbearing and the definition of privacy for her is either lost,or very,very warped. Plus,she abhors gaming. My father is less "Drill Seargent Nasty",but is still fairly strict. The key differences are that he can be negotiated with when he isn't in a mood,and he's a gamer. He got me into it,and when he drifted out of it,I got him back in.

They both don't take the concept of me trying things my way very well,though. Shouting matches ensued. The odd slapping (them)/gut punch (me). They're old-school. They raised me right,and that's,in the end,all you can really ask of your parents. Dad's fifty-two,mother's fourty-eight. And they're in pretty good shape. Good soldiers never really stop being soldiers.

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Mum. Dad was away on conferences a lot of the time, and my mother and I both share an interest in history and Shakespeare, so we have more to talk about.

Not that I don't love my dad. He's fucking awesome and he's always got my back.

SkyeNeko

Dec 30, 2010
Daddy's girl. If I had to choose anyway. I really don't like either of them anymore...

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
My father barely knew his own father while growing up and then joined the military. He has a big ol' barrier around the part of his brain that is emotional and he spent half my childhood away in other countries: it makes it somewhat hard to feel connected to him.

He does a lot for me and I know he loves me, and after my graduation he told me for the first time he was proud of me...but he still didn't do hugs.

I'm a huggy person! D=

My mother, on the other hand, probably had a bigger influence on who I am today and was always there when I was a child so I could show off my drawings and get a hug when I fell out of a tree - the odds are stacked in her favour.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Distance from me to my mother: 7,467 miles.
Distance from me to my father: 7,664 miles.

I am closer to my mother.

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
I live with my mom and I haven't spoken to my dad for 8 years. Once I've moved to my new place I'm planning on changing my name to eliminate his last name so I don't have to see anything that reminds me of him again.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
My dad has been a part of my life the whole time, so i've had alot of bonding and shit with him,
he taught me how to shoot, to play baseball and football, to respect my fellow man, and treat ladies no less than royalty, so i'd say i feel closer to him for making me the man i am today.

and because i'm closer to my dad doesn't mean im not close to my MOM, she just makes sure i stay healthy and takes care of me when im sick.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
Female. My dad walked out when I was a kid so I'm closer to my mum, but we are not really close either.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
I've never met my father so obviously I'm closer to my Mom.

It's worth mentioning that I don't have any ill-feeling towards him though. My Mom did a great job raising me so I never even noticed that only having a family of two people wasn't the norm. She never introduced me to her boyfriends (apart from one guy she was engaged to and that was after they had become engaged) and I was close to my Grandad until he passed aways so I guess it's never been an issue. I've never had any strong feelings about him at all, he paid child support but was never physically or emotionally involved, no big deal.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I wouldn't say I'm closer to one than the other, I love both my parents equally (that sounded less corny in my head).

My relationship with both my parents is really closer to a mutual friendship than a parent/child dynamic.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm closer to my mum, but it's not like there was much choice involved, since my dad decided to leave when I was 7.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Looks like this forum is full of mama's boys :p

I admit, I is guilty >.>

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I am closest to my aunt.

My dad had a problem with his temper and had some deluded idea as a business man, but he was still creative and a very strong leader.

Mom is a shopaholic ditsy high school grad air head, but has a way with charming people.

I appreciate everything they have done for me, but they have both told me that they agree that had I not been their child and was just someone they met at work or school, they would have nothing to do with me.
I feel the same way about them too.

However, if I have to choose between the two, i would choose my dad because at least there is some logic behind his thinking.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Mother.

But then again, my father's place in my life is nonexistent at this point. And my step dad is... eh. In fact, I don't consider him that anymore. I just call him my mother's boyfriend.

I'm hoping that if I ever get married, I'll either walk down the aisle on my own or get one of my brothers to do it. Because I don't consider anyone really worthy in the former father figure department.

And it will be my fucking day, after all.