Poll: Are you closer to your Mum or Dad

Hunter65416

Oct 22, 2010
Its believed that daughters tend to be closer to their fathers and sons tend to be closer to their mothers. Im a guy and have always been closer to my mother but me and my dad never really connected at all

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
As much as my Dad and I love each other, we always seem to be on the opposite sides of things. He also has a temper aggravated by a bad back and a job that deals with children. So having a music teacher as a father has been pretty stressful throughout my youth but I could have had it a lot worse.

Closer to my Mom even though she thinks video games are the biggest waste of time in the history of ever.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I'm close to both my parents, but I'd probably say mother because I do more with her. When my mom wants to hang out we go shopping, eat out and do things together we both like. When me and my dad hang out we don't do anything besides talk. Sometimes I'll be handing him tools for whatever project/hobby he's working on. Although it's his job to deal with people and travel so when he's not working he hates leaving the house and other people.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Mother.
If a situation is rowdy, I will kindly ask you to calm down once, which in case it isn't enough, I will probably unleash wrath on you.

Bugs. We both hate them and will knock people over to get away from wasps/bees/anything that flies and has a stinger.

If something's messy, that ***** is getting cleaned. Just as soon as we feel like it.

I guess in short I'm kind of naggy.

DirtyJunkieScum

Feb 5, 2012
I wouldn't say I was close with either of my parents, I get on with them ok but we have very little in common. That said I am closer to my dad and have picked up more character traits from him.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I'm sorry, but this poll is incomplete. I'm not really close to either of them.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Well considering I never even met my father the answer is rather obvious. I have a step-father but he has serious issues that make me just this side of hate when it comes to him.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
I'm a bastard. And before you make any smart comments, I mean the fatherless kind.

I have only ever had one parent and that is my mother. I was the result of a one night stand between two drunk people, a woman who just got dumped by her boyfriend and a married man. My mother said she would raise the child on her own, so as not to ruin the man's marriage. This was after she almost aborted me of course.

Thanks for asking! :)

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
My mom's kind of difficult to live with, no horror stories or anything, she just isn't very pleasant company. Dad has a much better sense of humor and is pretty laid back, so he's easier to talk to.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I'm "close" to both my parents equally enough. I put close in quotes because while I love my parents a lot, I don't like talking to them or hanging out with them. We just have different personalities, plus I think the almost instantaneous change from me relying on their help for almost everything to me needing them for almost nothing caused a bit of a whiplash, so now they constantly offer to help me even when I don't ask for it or want it. Parents, what are ya gonna do? :p

As for which one I relate to more, I'd say my Dad. He and I have similar senses of humor and taste in entertainment, and he was also in the Navy (though as an officer) so we can talk about that.

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
Easy question to answer since I've actually had contact with my Mum in the last 7/8 years. Even before they split up I couldn't stand my Father and when they finally did they hadn't even finished asking the question before I made it clear that I wanted to live with my mother. In the immediate 2 months following their split as things between him and I deteriorated he blamed my Mother for 'poisoning my mind' to turn me against him and trying to convince me all my opinions weren't my own and that years later I'll come back to apologise to him. Despite my Mum telling me to not cut all ties with him (contrary to what he believed) with hindsight I couldn't have made a better decision and only wished that my Mum hadn't been convinced for so long that a 2 parent household was better for raising children and had just removed him sooner.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Masculine progeny, closer to Mater.
Of course, Pater is rather a cock, so the choice is obvious.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
close to my mother, since i haven't had contact with my biological father for lord knows for how long...

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
I get along better with my dad because he's just an easier person to talk to. that being said, I'm not very close to either of them. They always taught me that I would have to be self serving, so I've always worked and earned my own stuff, cooked my own dinners and washed my own clothes etc since I was about 9 years old. I guess the side effect of this, for my parents, is that although I'm quite capable of surviving well on my own, I also do not feel any connection to them. They complain, now that I have plans to leave home in under a year, moving from Southern England to Scotland, that I never spend any quality time with them.

tl;dr I'm not close to either of my parents, equally. Your poll needs more options.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Probably mother. That makes sense though, considering I've lived most of my life with her, and my dad is currently living in Ireland.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Male and really equally close to both my parents.

They were both present in equal amounts during my childhood.

I answered closer to my father, not really because I'm actually closer to him but rather because we have a slightly easier time understanding each other than me and my mother.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
my mother but that's mainly because my parents divorces when I was 2 and haven't seen my dad since I was 10. 26 now