Poll: Are you closer to your Mum or Dad

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I'm female, and since my parents divorced when I was a baby and I was raised by my mom and her parents, my mom. I'm closer to my grandfather than grandmother, though, since we are more similar.

I kinda got to know my dad as an adult, and I consider him more a friend than a parent. We have similar taste in movies and tv-series and hang out together.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Female and I'm close to them both, but I feel a little bit more closer to my Dad. I think it's because he could afford early retirement (45) so could my Mum, but She chose to carry on working and volunteering as She cannot be stuck at home like my Dad (well, the garden and allotment in his case) which means I can pop over and see him more and do more things with him.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I'm closer to my mother, purely because my dad is an aggressive-depressive alcoholic. I picked up his sense of humour, but that's about it. I'm just looking for a decent enough job so I can get a place of my own and just be rid of him. I know that sounds harsh and I always feel bad whenever I smack-talk anyone, but he is that bad now I find it trying to just be in the same room as him for more than 10 minutes before I have to go elsewhere. He keeps saying stuff like 'I'll change, I'll show you' like a scene out of EastEnders, but then I remind him that he used to take money out of my wallet when I was asleep at night...

Kerboom

May 3, 2012
Neither.

Yep.

I try to spend as little time as I can with them. We get on fine, but I don't really hang out with them much.

Generally I'll spend most of the day up in my room or else out.

Captcha: love me

No Captcha! BOLD!