Poll: Are you finished with Bioware now?

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
ME1 - Great
ME2 - Good
ME3 - Ok

DA:O - Great
DA:A - Great
DA2: Sucked

So.. ME3 DLC? DA3? C&C Generals 2? As huge an RTS fanboy as I am, I will have to say no, I will not be buying or playing new BioWare games, a trend is a trend is a trend, EA's is consistent, and now they have their claws in BioWare, the same is starting to show.

Lately I seem to get a hell of a lot more enjoyment out of indie titles (Starfarer and Towns for example) than I am from big budget AAA games.

Generic brown shooters with or without large armoured space marines are everywhere.

As for Rariows question, I'll stick with the AC series, and Egosoft, for a story fix, even if they could never touch BioWares level.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Mass Effect 3 was amazing.
The ending is the main issue.

It's too soon to condemn them to death. Dragon Age 2 wasn't the best Bioware game, but it was one of the best Western RPGs I've played despite lazy level layout.

I think Bioware got too big. Now every mistake they make, makes many people rage irrationally.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
If Bioware somehow finds a way to get away from Electronic Arts, I might give them another shot. But until then, they are already dead to me.

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
Been finished with BioWare since 2009.

Rariow said:
A question to all those complaining about BioWare: If not BioWare, who are you going to turn to get your reliably story-driven games? Just curious about it, not trying to *****.
CD Projekt, Obsidian. Also Eidos if they try their hand at RPGs again.

TW2 and DE:HR really held the storytelling front last year, alongside the combat-centric Dark Souls, sandboxy Skyrim and indie endeavors like Drakensang: RoT, EYE and Magicka. All of which were great.

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
Maybe. If the next big game's Dragon Age 3, then sure. But if it's me4, I'm dumping her.

ThatSwedishGuy

May 3, 2005
Chalk me up for another "Misleading poll", clicked no but meant "Depends on what their next game is." Like any company they do things I like and things I don't like, no company is perfect and I've come to the conclusion that they can't cater to me all the time. I didn't like Dragon Age: Origins but then I didn't like Baldur's Gate either so that game was not meant for me. Hence I didn't buy Dragon Age 2.

It all obviously depends on what they come up with next. If they'll do another game in the vein of Dragon Age then no, I won't buy it, if they do another sci-fi game or, hell, another Mass Effect then yeah, I'll at least consider it depending on how they do it (Mass Effect sequel, that is).

I didn't like the ending to Mass Effect 3 but even I have to admit that what they're setting up for the future of the Mass Effect universe is going to be really interesting to find out about. How did things change after the ending? How has things developed? What did people do? They've ensured that the next time they return to the Mass Effect universe, it's going to be a completely new story and universe to explore so... yeah, sign me up for it.

Unless we count Bioware Victory who are developing "C&C: Generals 2" which I have absolutely no interest in what so ever.

aaronobst

Needs a life
Aug 20, 2010
While I'm pissed off at ME3's ending. I'm not 'done' with them.

Sure the last 10 minutes made everything you worked for over the course of 3 whole games null and void but... Actually wait I'm gonna need to think about this.

ulzugot

Aug 8, 2011
Poll Response: Depends

I will give a lot of thought before buying anything new from Bioware, and will not pay for it more than $20-$30, unless it can match Baldur's Gate or at least first Mass Effect. Joccaren pointed out what is wrong with ME3, and I also agree with endtherapture. Bioware is not the same studio it used to be, and last year it was blown out of the water by the "newcomers" and indie developers - Witcher 2, Deus Ex, and Bastion were leagues above the DA2 (these are just three games) and I've had much more fun with them than with ME2 or ME3 so far. Throw in the fact that people leave Bioware out of their own will and talk how studio has lost it's old spirit. Recently they lost their long time head writer, who was replaced by a person which thinks that gameplay should be optional and dislikes to play games in general. Origin is another issue; I prefer to play RPGs and FPS games on PC, while action and adventure games on the console. If I want to play anything new from EA and avoid Origin, I will have to do it on PS3 on which Bioware games had more issues than versions for other platforms. There is also marketing recently applied by Bioware: awesome button, "look, look it plays just like the old one!" desperate videos for DA2, and plain lies about choices that matter and that origin is not necessary for retail version for ME3.

Bioware has changed to the worse, and their games show it. Other new developers and ones that continue being as good as they used to be deserve my money and time more than Bioware does.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Rariow said:
A question to all those complaining about BioWare: If not BioWare, who are you going to turn to get your reliably story-driven games? Just curious about it, not trying to *****.
As people above said, CDProjekt and Obsidian. Also Atlus, maybe Supergiant Games.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
Except for for Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins, I like their games.

I'll agree that ME3's ending would've been better with some closure, but is it really worth all this constant bitching?

Ren_Li

Mar 7, 2012
Mass Effect 3 was an incredible game- excluding, of course, the controversial ending. I'm of the belief that the ending is not how it appears, and that there's more on the way- but hey, that's my opinion and I'm not here to preach the theories I buy into.
At the end of the day, I still love Mass Effect. I still love the universe, the lore, the characters, and as for the ending, well... Putting aside the fact that I believe there will be more to "explain" it and add to it, if all else fails, my imagination can fill in the blanks. Imperfect solution, yes- but even if that ending is exactly as it appears, with no hidden depth or surprises, the truly awful ending does not ruin the rest of the games for me.

So no. I'm not finished with Bioware. (I've not played DA2, by the way.)

Ironside

Mar 5, 2012
I wouldn't say it was just Mass Effect that will stop me buying their games. DA2 ruined the Dragon Age franchise, the KOTOR franchise has been ruined and sent to die as an MMO and now the ending of ME3 destroyed the whole universe and made all the previous games pointless. If i do buy games from them in the future they most certainly won't be on release.

DoPo said:
C&C has nothing to do with BioWare. Furthermore, it's an RTS, which is a genre BioWare has not come close to. Why you bring it up, I don't know.
The future of C&C has everything to do with BioWare since they are making the next game in the series.

ARCTIC_EAGLE

Dec 31, 2011
I'm unsure, while I detest ME3's ending (well most of the game actually) they made ME2/ME1 which I enjoyed so it really depends on how they handle this "Retake ME3" stuff.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Ironside said:
DoPo said:
C&C has nothing to do with BioWare. Furthermore, it's an RTS, which is a genre BioWare has not come close to. Why you bring it up, I don't know.
The future of C&C has everything to do with BioWare since they are making the next game in the series.
OK, I didn't know that, however, sanquin's post indicates he had bad experiences with C&C games[footnote]I haven't played anything after Generals, nor have I been interested, so I don't know the overall quality of the games[/footnote] and somehow connected them with Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Furthermore, sanquin explicitly mentioned C&C 4, which is not and has never been connected with BioWare, to my knowledge. I find it hard to believe that he is disturbed by the quality of a game that has not been released, nor do we have any news to use as basis of speculation.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Oh no a company makes a few bad choices they'll never be able to recover from the shame.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Hell no, they are making C&C: Generals 2.. which i have waited for a very long time :D and i believe in BioWare. They still have some of the best games to this day.