Poll: Are you finished with Bioware now?

Dec 16, 2009
i think i enjoyed ME3 a lot more than some, simply because i had the lowest expectations for a BW game to date.
It was by no means great, but Krogan/Salirian Geth/Quarian choices give me some taste of ME1 irriversable choices.
all in all, not the BW i loved, but not the demons theyre made out to be. I'll see what they come up with

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Depends. I'm pretty sure the next game coming out from them is C&C. Well, it's not really coming out from them, it's coming out from a rebranded Victory Games.

I can safely say that I won't be getting that, but that's because I'm not a fan of RTS...es.

We'll have to see how Dragon Age 3 is. Dragon Age 2 was rushed out the door and, well there are some technical issues that lead me to believe Mass Effect 3 might've had a similar issue, though not as obvious, hard to tell.

I'm not "done" with them because of the ending of Mass Effect 3 though. My faith is a little shaken due to the fact that I think the yearly release cycle is starting to affect the quality of their games. As I said it was highly evident in Dragon Age 2 and I think it shows a little bit in Mass Effect 3.

So, it depends on how the next game looks.

Shavon513

Apr 5, 2010
I will be getting the next Dragon Age game, other than that, I'm not too sure. Looking for what Bethesda and CDProjekt Red are doing next.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Yeah I'm done with Bioware, the only thing that could make me love them again is a PROPER KoToR OR Jade Empire 2 (and an excellent sequel, not some half assed thing like what they did with Dragon Age 2)

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
People voting "NO" just because of ME3's ending are ridiculous. It's not even THAT bad! It's certainly bad, but "I'm done with you forever!" bad? Not even close. Besides, the rest of the game was OUTSTANDING. Anyone arguing otherwise loses all credibility.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
People voting "NO" just because of ME3's ending are ridiculous. It's not even THAT bad! It's certainly bad, but "I'm done with you forever!" bad? Not even close. Besides, the rest of the game was OUTSTANDING. Anyone arguing otherwise loses all credibility.
Having done a good job up until the mistake doesn't absolve them having to fix it. Really wish people would stop making that claim. And I'm not "just voting no" because of the ending, I'm stating to anyone who will listen that if they don't give me the game I paid for that I'm never going to pay them again.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Emiscary said:
MetallicaRulez0 said:
Having done a good job up until the mistake doesn't absolve them having to fix it. Really wish people would stop making that claim. And I'm not "just voting no" because of the ending, I'm stating to anyone who will listen that if they don't give me the game I paid for that I'm never going to pay them again.
They gave you the game you paid for. It was a great game. The last 5 minutes were bad, but that's true of MANY good games.

Besides, what would you have them do? Retcon an ending with DLC? That's messy and makes no sense.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Right now, 38% say "Yes, I am done with Bioware". You wanna take a bet that every single one of those will still buy their next game?
Geeze, people..

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
Dragon Age 2 was the last Bioware game I bought. I don't think I'll ever buy another bioware game.

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
Nope, gonna continue buying Bioware games and continue enjoying them. I've got an active subscription with The Old Republic that I'm loving the hell out of, had a good amount of fun following the story of Hawke in Dragon Age II(definitely more fun then the story that just grinded on forever known as Dragon Age: Origins), and Mass Effect 3 has just been completed and I can safely say that it's my favorite game in the trilogy by just nosing out Mass Effect 2.

I've never bought a Bioware game that disappointed me, and unless they REALLY drop the ball(the ending is more like a slight stumble at the finish line of a race than an epic faceplant like everyone is making it out to be) then I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Also confusing poll is confusing, your thread title and poll title don't match up and almost made me misvote.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
For now yes, I have no plans on buying anything from Bioware, especially after the shitter that is SWTOR. Maybe one day they will return to their roots and crank out some excellent games, maybe not, either way I'm in no rush to see another game from these guys...

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
They gave you the game you paid for. It was a great game. The last 5 minutes were bad, but that's true of MANY good games.

Besides, what would you have them do? Retcon an ending with DLC? That's messy and makes no sense.
Putting aside for a second that you're now TELLING ME MY OPINION, yes, yes I would. Bioware has the ability to remotely send out revised content to every single person who paid for the game, and a very large number of those people want them to. Similarly a large portion of them are ACTIVELY PLANNING ON WALKING OUT ON BIOWARE IF THEY DON'T. How therefore would putting out the content (which they can because of the DLC framework, and should because they stand to lose a large portion of their customer base if they don't) be "messy and make no sense"? Please, explain this to me. By all means.

And to anyone claiming: "oh, you say you'll stop buying their games, but you never actually will" , why? Why exactly will I never stop buying their games? I bought their games up until now because they promised me a HUGE payoff at the end, and then they didn't give it to me. Why in this scenario would I keep giving them my money? It's not like there aren't at least 3 other game developers making games with not too dissimilar mechanics with not too dissimilar budgets. So why then is my threat empty? Because if I care this much about games I must be a brainless drone who'll buy anything they hand me? If that were the case I would've sunk money into the Day 1 DLC bullshit and I'd be steadfastly defending the quality of the game I got! NOT THE EXACT OPPOSITE!

Sheesh.

Nicolairigel

May 6, 2011
The entire Idea of "being finished with a developer" Is just plain silly.

But besides that, Just producing an only decent game (DA2) and releasing a down-right spectacular game with a Strange controversial ending is in no way a reason to be "done" with a developer.

Here's the thing about ME3's ending: It's not nearly as bad as many are saying. NO. Shut up. Its not. It's okay to say that you hated it, I could understand why, it is..... different.
I think that people were expecting an ending similar to the first game, with sheperd ending victorious. It would have been shallow, maybe better-received, but shallow none the less.
Bioware wanted to make an open-to-interpretation "dreamy" ending, they wanted to try something different, and I respect them for that. It probably wasn't the best move, but they made it clear they didn't want a shallow end. It didn't give closure because Bioware isn't done with ME or sheperd, they made that very clear during the "destiny" (perfect) ending. I personally am glad they aren't done, but yeah I understand why this may anger some.

This isn't even counting the entire indoctrination theory, which if true, makes the ending brilliant in my mind. But that probably won't happen.

Tl;dr the ending was just different, and that pisses a bunch of people off. I'm not trying to undermine anyone's opinions, this is just mine.

Gyroscope_Trout

Oct 10, 2011
I disliked the ending, but I'm not done with Bioware. Nobody else makes games quite like them, and the writing/development decisions of a handful of people from one team shouldn't be held against others who are still doing a good job.

Emiscary

Sep 7, 2008
Of course Nicolairigel. You're not undermining anyone's opinions, you're just telling them to shut up pre-emptively to demonstrate how much you respect them. Right?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
endtherapture said:
Before ME3 came out, a lot of people said it would be the last Bioware game they ever purchased.

Now...after Dragon Age 2, ME3 and THAT ending, how many of you are actually going to abandon Bioware?

I honestly can't see myself buying anything more from Bioware unless Dragon Age 3 is in the style of Dragon Age Origins, then I'm done.

How about you?
My thoughts are simply that Bioware has been in the position of developing ToR as their primary project all through the development of their most recent flops. That is where most of EA's money was. Juggling that, along with two other franchises was a recipe for disaster and I'm not sure two of the balls hit the ground and the third was was just barely held onto (ToR was a success, but not the massive WoW-killer it was supposed to be, and arguably could have been). EA hiring more staff doesn't help that much, because simply slapping a Bioware name on someone does not make them the same guys who developed the other games. While the key Bioware personell were involved in everything they were supposed to be, running around between projects probably took it's toll.

Bioware's quality to this point has been the result of them focusing on one game at a time, they didn't do that here. It's no surprising that ME2, ME3 and DA2 were all various levels of failure with increasingly simplistic non-RPG action based gameplay, recycled enviroments (in DA2) and really bad writing in many places... like the disappointment of ME3's ending (which while not as bad as many say is pretty bad).

I do NOT like Bioware's attitude, they have gotten arrogant, and have acted very insultingly towards their fans (I could go on about this at length, but I've done it before, and it would be a huge addition to the post), but they do have an excuse at this point. Bioware will get a chance to develop once more without ToR over their head, if their quality is still like we've been seeing here I'll be done with them.

In part it's EA ruining them, like many people suspected. Bioware used to focus on one game at a time and polish it up to a crazy degree. Juggling multiple franchises this way was exactly what Bioware did NOT do and what made them differant. If bioware can go back to it's old mould of operation I suspect they will be great again, if EA has them doing multiple games at one time... well, I suspect we'll see more of what we're getting here. Right now I'm wary due to the ongoing committment in maintaining and designing new content for a major MMORPG, while trying to do single player games. Blizzard managed to pull that off, but at the same time consider that they haven't exactly been grinding out the single player stuff, it took bloody forever for Starcraft 2 and Diablo III (which isn't here yet) due to their involvement with WoW. If EA expects Bioware to do a new game every year while maintaining ToR, they are pretty much dead to me.