Poll: Are you finished with Bioware now?

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Before ME3 came out, a lot of people said it would be the last Bioware game they ever purchased.

Now...after Dragon Age 2, ME3 and THAT ending, how many of you are actually going to abandon Bioware?

I honestly can't see myself buying anything more from Bioware unless Dragon Age 3 is in the style of Dragon Age Origins, then I'm done.

How about you?

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
Your thread title and poll question are mismatched. I misvoted after reading the thread title.

Mass Effect 3 was unforgivable. Bioware is like the zombie of a loved one, it's for the best if it gets put down.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
I have said depends on the next game as I may try out Dragon age 3, I didn't buy ME3 and don't plan too but I may get Dragon age depending on how it looks, I don't know about that though, I may jump ship on them.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Pumpkin_Eater said:
Your thread title and poll question are mismatched. I misvoted after reading the thread title.

Mass Effect 3 was unforgivable. Bioware is like the zombie of a loved one, it's for the best if it gets put down.
I really enjoyed the gameplay itself of Mass Effect 3 and all the gameplay and decisions and story leading up to Earth.

It just got really awful when

Harbinger landed and shot you in the face with his laser.

If we'd been given a ME1 like ending sequence, fighting through the Citadel to the control centre, activating the Crucible to deactivate the Reapers, leave the Relays intact

it would have been fine. It would have been cliched, but fine.

However what we got was just depressing and I don't even want to replay the games with another character because it's so worthless.

Not only did they destroy the great rich world they established in Dragon Age Origins with Dragon Age 2, but they also destroyed the Mass Effect universe which I had fallen in love with over the course of those past 3 games.

It's sad, really sad.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
i loved mess effect 3 the ending could have been implemented better but its still a fun game. so no I'm not done with them. i doubt i'll ever condemn them like other people are doing. most are acting like doomsayers

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
A couple weeks from now, once the dust settles, Bioware will still be Bioware. If you've been on the internet for any amount of time, you should know that this happens after every single game they release- fans rage, threaten they'll never buy another Bioware game again, and then a year or two later they have the next one preordered.

It's almost like they're being irrational and caught in an angry mob. What a thought.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
To be honest, the Mass Effect series as a whole, except for Mass Effect 3's ending was gold. Each game in the series has improved upon itself, and there is a lot of stuff in ME3 that is some of the best of the entire series.

It's just the ending that is well, pretty bad. Yeah, the ending is bad, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the journey until that point. I'm waiting to see what happens with the ending, if they decide to change it or something else happens I don't know.

As for their other stuff, I wasn't a huge fan of DA2, but I didn't hate it. There was a lot to Dragon Age 2 that was done well. My problem with it was that they reused the same zones every time you went to explore a dungeon, which is just terribly lazy. But I thought that introducing the Mass Effect Dialogue wheel to Dragon Age made the conversations a lot more intuitive and I felt that the combat in DA2 flowed a lot better.

And lets be honest, ME3, even with it's crappy ending, is still LEAGUES better than most games put out this year.

Probably the only release that can match ME3 this year will be Diablo 3.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
I was finished with Bioware with Dragon Age. The whining about ME3 has been nothing but music to my ears.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
No, I'll still play Bioware games, because despite the 10 minutes of game that I did not like, the other 27 hours of gameplay I did enjoy of ME3, and the 80 hours of gameplay I put into the full trilogy I did enjoy. So an ending was flopped, in the end I really don't care, because I was entertained by the game and that is good enough for me.

Also I misvoted because your pole is different from your topic.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
If it brings out what looks like a good game I will still buy it. But I will start to question their games a lot more now. With mass effect, dragon age and C&C I bought their games no question.

Then came SWTOR, C&C4, and now ME3...so yea, gonna question whether their game really is worth it a lot more from now on.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Pumpkin_Eater said:
endtherapture said:
There were a lot of other problems with ME 3's story, but I'll agree with pretty much any fan pitched ending being better than the actual one.
They could've done literally anything, my favourite theory was using the Citadel to reconfigure the Mass Relays to somehow launch the Reapers into the Galactic core, where they stay forever.

What we got was just depressing and illogical. Any MacGuffin would have been better than that.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
endtherapture said:
Pumpkin_Eater said:
endtherapture said:
There were a lot of other problems with ME 3's story, but I'll agree with pretty much any fan pitched ending being better than the actual one.
They could've done literally anything, my favourite theory was using the Citadel to reconfigure the Mass Relays to somehow launch the Reapers into the Galactic core, where they stay forever.

What we got was just depressing and illogical. Any MacGuffin would have been better than that.
As weak as the Reapers were portrayed during ME 3's game play and in the codex, the Citadel fleet could have just blown them all up. Apparently now 4 comparably sized Alliance ships can down a Reaper with focused fire.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Why because the last 10 min of a game was not as good as the previous 30 hours? Or because the MMO they made didn't kill World of Warcraft in a few months? Seams silly to me to swear off a whole developer because of the last 10 min of a game.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Pumpkin_Eater said:
endtherapture said:
Pumpkin_Eater said:
endtherapture said:

As weak as the Reapers were portrayed during ME 3's game play and in the codex, the Citadel fleet could have just blown them all up. Apparently now 4 comparably sized Alliance ships can down a Reaper with focused fire.
True.

Eddie the head said:
Why because the last 10 min of a game was not as good as the previous 30 hours? Or because the MMO they made didn't kill World of Warcraft in a few months? Seams silly to me to swear off a whole developer because of the last 10 min of a game.
When the last 10 minutes of the game completely destroys the past 90 hours of gameplay building up to it, and destroys the rich and vibrant and unique universe that has been created and people have fallen in love with it becomes quite bad. Especially when this is the second unsatisfactory game from Bioware.

What we have is like Lord of the Rings ended by Frodo getting to Mount Doom, Gollum offering him the choice to control the orcs, destroy all the orcs and all travel in an infinitely large middle earth, or to cause all orcs and everyone else to combine into happy orc-people. Sam disappeared to an unreachable island somewhere with the rest of the Fellowship. Also the entire armies of the Free Peoples are stuck in the Shire with no means of escape.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Definitely not done with them. Loved DA2 and loved ME3 even though the ending was a little disappointing. I eagerly await whatever they do next.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
That depends entirely on what they do with Mass Effect 3. If they don't fix the ending I'm done with them forever. I always loved them for their stories. How can I trust them to deliver a good and engaging story if they ruin one of my favorites in such fashion?

Mafoobula

Sep 30, 2009
If their (big damn sarcastic air-quote) fixed (big damn sarcastic air-quote) ending DLC costs a single penny, I'm goddam done with them. I don't think Bioware is near stupid enough to try to charge for the new ending, but let's just say I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if they did.

Even if it's free, the next couple games Bioware makes would have to be pretty spectacular to restore enough of my faith in them to make up for ME3. And no *&^%ing day-one DLC with extra story, I'd like to at least have the illusion of having the whole game right away. I'll accept D1DLC that has, I don't know, skins/clothes, map packs for multi-player, fun extra aesthetic options. Anything of real substance, and we have a problem.
Yeah, I'm bitter. What? I gave Bioware the benefit of the doubt, gave them pre-order money, and received a less-than complete package and lies.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* I really hate to say it...but I can't say I'm done with Bioware. Not until Dragon Age 3. I know, it's like begging to be kicked in the balls for a 2nd time by a steel-toed boot...but like with Mass Effect: I've just gotta see how that story frickin' ends.