Poll: Are You Going To Play Through The Dragon Age Series For Inquisition?

Anthony Corrigan

Jul 28, 2011
I am a little sad that they have gone down this path, I was hoping to directly import my save files rather than sit there trying to get the world into the same shape it was. The image I have of dragons keep is reducing all the experience I had down to something like the graphics configuration utility in a game and I am concerned that even if I can get the world "right" that way that there wont be any of the emotional connection there was to the games because it is so easy to "cheat" it.

Take mass effect for example (because I am currently playing it) forget the ending and just think about the last battle when you are going up to all the characters saying your goodbyes before heading into the final battle. Now which would have more connection to the world

A) you have played through 3 games now, you have made choices along the way, romanced whoever it is, built the relationships with each of the characters and experienced the world from the start right up to this point

OR

B) Killed Wrex - Yes\No
Romanced? - No one, Liara, Garus, Thane...
Killed council - Yes\No
Who died in suicide mission, tick box - Garus, Thane, Mirranda, Jacob...
etc

Even if it was me recreating that game which I had already played through I can't see the second being anywhere near as satisfying as the first

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
I'll do another Mage playthrough since that was the one I ended up liking the most in DA:O and DA2. Not looking forward to DA2 too much because it gets to be a bit of a trudge towards the end but I ended up picking up the DLC a while back and never playing it so I'm looking forward to at least playing through that for the first time.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I started Origins. Created city elf, managed to complete Elven, Redcliffe, and Mage quests, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish Orzammar. It's such a freaking SLOOOOG!

Jan 12, 2012
Anthony Corrigan said:
A snip about "the checkbox problem"
You make a good point. I played both ME2 and DA2 without playing the first one, and I have to say that Bioware has a decent but not great way of handling it. In ME2, there was a little interactive video that led the player through the big moments of the first game and asked them how Shepherd handled them. In DA2, IIRC there was just a choice of 5 basic options (I was a dwarf who romanced the queen and died in the final battle, I was an elf that romanced the king and sacrificed someone else, stiff like that) because the Warden's story wasn't important except as background detail. Either way, it was necessary and not terrible but somewhat clunky.

OT: Just found out the other day that my brother raided the game shelf and sold a lot of my stuff, including my copy of DA2, so I guess I won't get the chance to replay it. The Keep is an interesting idea, but I have no idea what my Origin account is anymore, and I don't care enough to find out if I wrote it down somewhere.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Nope. I have already played Origins a dozen times over and you couldn't force me at knife point to replay the steaming pile of utter shite that was DA2. I'm not even planning to get DA3 until it has been out a couple of months and I can find out whether it returns to the old school fun of Origins' combat system or if it is another "awesome button" pile of fail.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
No, I had played through a chunk of one but my back up of the save is gone so I'm just not sure about playing all that again...which is unfortunate.
I may play through 2 without the save carry over, I'm hopin' for fun there.

I keep seeing people winging on about origin when they've obviously not used it, or not in the past year. It's gotten better, just like steam did from it's early incarnation. It's the same crap with a different coat of paint.

OpticalJunction

Jul 1, 2011
SacremPyrobolum said:
The Bioware post outlining have save games will be converted over to Inquisition: http://blog.bioware.com/2013/08/28/the-dragon-age-keep/

I think that yes, I will if nothing else but to re-familiarize myself with the series which I haven't played for years.

I know that I could just wiki a plot synopsis and then customize my save data using the Dragon Age Keep program they describe but I'm very anal about these kind of things and I feel I'll have more investment in the game if I actually play through the games.
Yeah, probably. I've never played as a dwarf in DA1 so that should make it less boring to replay.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
I already played through them and my saves are intact. No reason to play them again.

I'm not one for replaying RPGs, which I understand is viewed as somewhat odd. I play them once, they go into head canon, and that's it. I can't play through again and see different endings or a "new" protagonist, etc. My mind keeps rebelling. It's like watching some weird fan fiction adaptation of a story I already saw and enjoyed.

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
I'm already replaying DA2, primarily out of boredom. But come mid-September, I'll play, eat, sleep, and breathe Dragon Age in preparation of Inquisition. I've done similar with Mass Effect when the third installment was close to release.

But oddly enough, I'm not sure if I even *want* to get Inquisition, considering how fishy of an aftertaste DA2 left in my mouth.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I played DA:O waay back in 2010 and never finished it...hmm

I'm not touching DA2.....even if its "good" you guys ruined it for me

Inquisition....if its really good I'll give it a look but I'm a bit wary of Bioware and being high fantasy its inate apeal isn't huge for me

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
I might play DA2 again, but honestly these days I have less and less time for gaming and more and more games I want to play (having recently discovered some excellent and time consuming older games like the Persona series and the Tales series), so I really have to set priorities. Playing a decent game for a second time is going to take low priority compared to playing a promising game for the first time.

Eliwood10

Feb 4, 2013
I'm replaying DA:O and Awakening right now. I can't bring myself to play DA2, though. I may just read a plot synopsis or something to catch up.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I plan on doing two playthroughs of the DA games. One as a male Mage and one as a female Dalish Elf. I still need to replay through all the Mass Effect games now that I have all the DLC for three.

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
As it happens, I occasionally fire up Origins to eventually finish it - but I just got Crow assassin, so it'll take some time.

Dragon Age 2 I might pick up for the "perfect" Inquisition import, but that one probably goes to next year.

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
I've played Origins 3 times now, I've never had the will to finish 2 but I know what happens, I'll just use the keep to make my own save game.

SFMB

May 13, 2009
I've tried to restart playing Dragon Ages, but I always get so bored with the generic world and boring "background story start" that I cannot keep playing. I don't think Inquisition is going to be any good, so I'm just going to skip it. Bioware should come up with something truly good to repair the damage dealt by EA... And I'm not talking about renaming dragons as "demons"...

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
No. Three(or four) runs through DA:O and four DA2 runs is way beyond what I wanted to play in the first place. I was trophy whoring and got sick of the games even after the first playthrough.
Doubt I'll buy Inquisition anyways.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Well, I have only played 2 so far, and I sure as hell don't remember what happened in there except the Mages are kinda dickish.

So, I suppose I will probably play both Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2. And I won't buy 3 until I finish both of those, which means I will play it in about a year (or longer), and that'll let me avoid everyone moaning about the ending, let them release the fix-it-up patch, and the price won't be £60 but £20. That'll do me fine.

Gylukios

The Red Comet
Dec 3, 2008
I would love to replay both games before DA:I, but I don't think I have that kind of time.

I would like to know more about when that Keep thing is launching. I think launching before Inquisition and making sure everyone who buys it or is thinking about buying it knows what it is will be important for this game's success, even among long time fans.