Poll: Are you Horde or Alliance

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Lore? Horde, I'm on their side all teh way.
Gameplay? Horde, it is bamf as hell
RP? ehhh....

It's been a long time since I've played Horde, since I'm a heavy RPer, and Horde has shit RP. I play a human paladin that I level and a human rogue that I don't really level now on an RP realm, but I still love you, Horde!

galdon2004

Mar 7, 2009
When I play I go with alliance. It's a perpetuated myth that horde is somehow better than alliance which causes the sides to become off balance and personally I find it more fun to fight the odds than conform to the decision everyone makes.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Horde, because they have the taurens.

To me, the sayings "all men are horny" and "all women are cows" will never stop being funny in that context. That's mostly because i'm lame though.

mercertheblack

Feb 11, 2009
FOR THE WHORES!!!
*frantic whisper from off-stage*
Oh, right... FOR THE HORDE OF WHORES!!!
*sound of a facepalm from off-stage*

BoredDragon

Feb 9, 2011
Kitsuna10060 said:
do not miss understand, i LOVE me some warrior, its the first thing i roll, in anything,

but the 'need more rage' message, for EVERY fight is stupid, why the hell do i need to build a meter to do ANY thing warriorish, (not to mention 'rage' is a berserker thing, not warrior) that is why i think they fucked it all up :( you NEED rage to do anything, even against smaller groups, so 70% of the time was was just auto attacking :/

a better way, since you might ask :p is what CoV did with Brutes, still have a fury bar to build, but the more full that gets, the more damage you do, THINK it boosts ACC as well, so the long the battle last the hard you start hitting. but the do enough damage with out it that they don't need it for smaller groups.
That does sound cool. However, the rage problem eases up as you gain abilities to generate it like charge and different shouts. I'm maxed and I don't usually run into rage problems, but it did take me forever to find the right rotation :p

dosp5

May 14, 2011
My friends told me to go horde, so I have little will power. There main reason was that horde had better drops, according to them.

headphonegirl

The Troll under the bridge
Oct 19, 2009
I mostly play Alliance partly because my guild is Alliance, but the majority of my characters are horde.

gim73

Jul 17, 2008
Considering that half the races in the horde joined because the alliance was a bunch of racist punks...

Post Cataclysm I'm expecting a third faction to start up that is fed up with both sides and the 'new leadership'.

Yeah, I've tried playing alliance on multiple occasions. Westfall is definitely up there as one of the most bland zones in the game. Cataclysm brought it up a few notches, but I'd still rather spend my time in ghostlands or even the barrens. My favorites are definitely tauren and blood elves. Gotta love me some horde.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
theguiltyone said:
JasonKaotic said:
theguiltyone said:
Horde are the outcast 'monsters' who work together because the rest of the world refuses to accept them. They have to fight the REAL monsters and the people who'd label them as such.
Well, the Horde did start off as the Orcs trying to destroy Azeroth.

Today's Horde is as removed from that one as the Draenei are from the Eredar.
Good point.
EDIT: Well, what are now the Eredar are a deviation of what are now the Draenei, not the other way 'round. But I guess that counts anyway.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Decided on alliance way before the game even released. I just liked them better for some reason. After some fiddeling with different classes and builds I went with a human warlock.

Once I seriously got into lvl 70 pvp though I more and more started to wish I was undead. When I was still playing they had that anti-fear racial wich was a HUGE advantage in pvp if you learned to use it wisely. And what did humans get? A short stealth detection boost wich was completely useless. Even with the engineering goggles, felhunter paranoia AND that racial skill on I could still not see rogues coming. Not that it mattered if I did though, they would rip me apart regardless.
A while after I quit they changed the human racial skill to something very similar to the undead anti-fear skill for "balancing reasons" and I was like "wel wel, look who finally had a good look at reality".

And before you ask why human? Because my mind was set on alliance and on a warlock so (back than) it was either human or gnome. I mean come on ^^

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Alliance, but I'm my real loyalty is with the Night Elves. The humans tend to be kinda racist dicks, so my love for the alliance isn't all that strong.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
BoredDragon said:
Kitsuna10060 said:
do not miss understand, i LOVE me some warrior, its the first thing i roll, in anything,

but the 'need more rage' message, for EVERY fight is stupid, why the hell do i need to build a meter to do ANY thing warriorish, (not to mention 'rage' is a berserker thing, not warrior) that is why i think they fucked it all up :( you NEED rage to do anything, even against smaller groups, so 70% of the time was was just auto attacking :/

a better way, since you might ask :p is what CoV did with Brutes, still have a fury bar to build, but the more full that gets, the more damage you do, THINK it boosts ACC as well, so the long the battle last the hard you start hitting. but the do enough damage with out it that they don't need it for smaller groups.
That does sound cool. However, the rage problem eases up as you gain abilities to generate it like charge and different shouts. I'm maxed and I don't usually run into rage problems, but it did take me forever to find the right rotation :p
never got that far, lvl 10 is when i got bored and stopped, couldn't be bothered to go back, plus, there was like NO ONE around :/ so no way to speed it up, but then even when i was playing the official trail from Blizzard (whom recently sent my an amusing email saying my account was going to be deleted due to inactivity) where they're where lots of people, :/ no one was really nice to new player, one guy actually said over the main chat line how he loved giving 'noobs' the wrong directions, so no real motivation to TRY an get to a higher level.

theguiltyone

Jan 6, 2010
MaxwellEdison said:
RP? ehhh....

It's been a long time since I've played Horde, since I'm a heavy RPer, and Horde has shit RP. I play a human paladin that I level and a human rogue that I don't really level now on an RP realm, but I still love you, Horde!
Which rp server? Moon Guard's been pretty decent as far as Horde rp goes.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
theguiltyone said:
MaxwellEdison said:
RP? ehhh....

Moon Guard as well, but last time I tried RP there, Horde was kinda shit. Where's there RP capital? Isn't it usually the Blood Elf one?

theguiltyone

Jan 6, 2010
MaxwellEdison said:
theguiltyone said:
MaxwellEdison said:
RP? ehhh....

Moon Guard as well, but last time I tried RP there, Horde was kinda shit. Where's there RP capital? Isn't it usually the Blood Elf one?
I guess it depends on your standards and who's around. I'm part of an rp guild in Silvermoon, and in and around there's usually someone you can rp with. Gone out on dungeon raids completely IC. That was a hoot.