Poll: Are you psyched for Dishonored?

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
As a mate of mine said, where 5-10 years ago games like Splinter Cell and Thief had awesome new ways to stealth and roam levels, it was rarely implemented well with other features such as AI peripheral vision or noise detection and distraction. The new features fresh out of the box often behaved erratically when working in conjunction with one another.

Now with Dishonoured you have all of that coming together in one awesome amalgamation of stealthy infiltration gameplay with near-endless possibilities in level completion, and it genuinely looks like it could hold up very well and not end up etched into the annals of game-hype talk.

Looks sweet. I think know I'm going to enjoy playing through it many times over. It's just my kind of game.

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
I'd really like to be, but to be honest, there's just other stuff coming out I want more...it looks awesome, don't get me wrong, but not quite awesome enough to topple the likes of Assassin's Creed III, PS All-Stars, and LittleBigPlanet Karting from my list...not to mention the fact that I still haven't picked up Borderlands 2 yet.

eternal-chaplain

Mar 17, 2010
This type of game is one I enjoy very much; indeed one of my first gaming experiences was the sly cooper series on the ps2. But what is disconcerting is not the premise, so much as who is making it. After skyrim and new vegas, I know they are different types of games, but...

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I am looking forward to it and it's down as one of my "to buy" games.

I won't be pre-ordering though, that was a lesson learned the hard way and not one i'm going to repeat. Far too many games i've been looking forward to have turned out shite.

It will be a case of waiting a couple of weeks after release and seeing what's been said about it.

Winthrop

Apr 7, 2010
Only experience I have with the game are the trailers on this site. The song they play gives me a headache, so I've come to associate the game with headaches. Ironic in a way that the ads are what put me off.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Cautiously optimistic. It does look pretty sweet, and I've had a hankering for a Thief-esque sneak-about game for quite a while now - Dishonored could be what I've been looking for. I'll rent it first, though... I've fallen victim to unwarranted excitement before.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
Besides the initial screens, then the trailers escapist kept throwing in front of every vid, I just took for granted it was going to be good like Bioshock because it looked like Bioshock.

Just last night it occurred to me that *gasp* it might just be some shallow game about knifing people, albeit in a pretty setting. That was frightening. Hopefully it's not.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
I was, until I read about the game length. Cancelled my pre-order after that and decided to pick it up once the game gets a lot cheaper.

12-14 hours long according to the devs, if you don't play überstealth. Assuming it'll last for 10 hours tops then. It's normal for a game these days, but I had hoped for more.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'm not really psyched for Dishonored, primarily because I don't find it interesting. To me, it seems like a distraction until Bioshock Infinite comes out early next year.

I'd rather wait for Bioshock Infinite.

mikey7339

Jun 15, 2011
It's just going to be steampunk Bioshock (which wasn't that good of a game anyways). I'll be playing the new X-Com anyways and praying that it didn't get fucked over and dumbed down.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Nerexor said:
I traded in a bunch of games to pre-order dishonored today, and spent some time watching the trailers and the Tales from Dunwall content on this site. And I am PSYCHED! I can't wait to jump into this grim but oddly compelling world of corruption and darkness. Mostly because I'll be doing so as a mystical time-stopping, body possessing, overwhelmingly badass assassin. Being a peasant would clearly suck... Anyways, thoughts on dishonored, are people excited, and if so, why? And if not, why not? I won't judge you for not sharing my enthusiasm.

Captcha: Top ten. I really hope it will be among the top 10 games of the year captcha, I really hope it will be.
I cancelled my preorder in preparation to preorder watchdogs. So I guess I'll be signing back up again then.
In other words, yes. It looks different enough to be worth my interest.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am looking forward to it, but I am staying away from all details so as not to have spoilers. All I know is that it's steampunk, and has stealth, as well as the titles description on the shops websites.

Beyond that I know nothing, and don't want to know more so it's more fun to go into games blind.

Eternal-Chaplain said:
But what is disconcerting is not the premise, so much as who is making it. After skyrim and new vegas, I know they are different types of games, but...
Bethesda are not making it. Just like they did not make New Vegas.

Bethesda are the publisher not the developer, just like they were with New Vegas, which Obsidian made.

Honestly, how do people not know this yet?

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
I am relatively interested in it, yes. It seems to have a nice aesthetic and some interesting mechanics. I'm not going to let myself get too excited for it until I see the reaction after it releases and probably some reviews. Even then, if it does seem to meet my expectations I probably won't buy it for a year or so, until the price goes down or a suitably big sale happens.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Is there a reason why I should be psyched? I haven't really kept up with news regarding Dishonored as soon as I saw the developers that were going to make it. Bioshock 2 wasn't a good game.

Right now it doesn't sound like anything other than your average action game.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Been needing a good stealth FPS and now we have what looks like a good stealth First Person Stabber. Any game that let's me play stealth earns some interest add lean, stabby, and a few other toys and I am sold.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Oh yeah, that game was coming out.
I completely forgot about it with all the Team Fortress 2, Penumbra, Oblivion and Minecraft I've been playing.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
The setting is enough to grab my attention, but I'm cautiously-optimistic about this game being able to live up to all the promises and hype that surrounds it. It's definitely something I will read reviews on before I make my purchase.