Poll: Average age of TheEscapist forumgoers...

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Greever said:
And the polls should work fine, I have no restrictions set and am using firefox. I think I may possibly be restricted from "polling"?
There is no software code to restrict polling. Polls however, must be done before posting the original post. That means you can't go back later and add one.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
I'm 39. eek!

First Computer (which I used to play and write games on):

By the way, very nice WANG you've got there... was it fast? I heard the WANG machines kept all their documents in RAM making them actually faster than a PC running Word 6.0 - at least that is what my brother maintained when he had a job in IT. Sure, the secretaries would lose all their days work between system saves to the disc, but they didn't seem to mind; only complaining when Microsoft PCs were brought in.

3D Monster Maze

Varchld

is drunk and disorderly.
Nov 8, 2008
Greever said:
Wow... this thread is making me feel ancient. :-|
Tell me about it. Makes me wonder what games are like for people who have only played from the PSone N64 generation onwards.
Should be a law that people can only play games equivilent to their age :p
Like from 1-4 Commodore 64's, 4-6 Master Systems and NES, 6-8 SNES & Megadrive/Genesis etc.
Called a gaming education, you don't start learning math with differential equasions.
/rant

The_root_of_all_evil said:
second child

(Which I still have)
Omg an Acorn, I remember those. My dad used to fix them.

I'm just 24, first game on BBC Micro Computer [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bbc_computer]. Seperate floppy disk drive and all that.

Console wise was Mastersystem, then Megadrive/Genesis(the smaller second gen one).

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
25, Commodore 64. First game was Donkey Kong. I was strictly a PC man until I finally caved and bought a Wii a few years ago.

LoganAsh

Jul 7, 2008
18, first system was an Amiga 500. Used to love playing this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CHcoemBuUZ0&feature=related

After that it was a Snes.. nothing compares to the Amiga though! XD

smiley92

Jul 25, 2008
I'm 17 and my first console was N64... I first played Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart... Souvenirs!

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
I'm 15 and I had a SNES when I was, like, 6. I always played Donkey Kong and Mario Kart Racing.
(On a side note I always found the little snappy things in the dark DK leels to be really really scary. They're called Snaps or Kroks or something. Also the mine cart level was the best. And I got stuck on the Queen Bee boss fight)

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
I'm 15, and my first console, that I can remember, was an N64. I remember having one before that, but seeing as I was 3, I thought it was a bouncy ball, and threw it down the steps....it broke.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
25 yrs old,
First gaming was done on my dad's Tulip XT, first game was Space War.

My brother later got an Atari 2600 and a Ninty Gameboy, which we shared.

The first console I could really call my own was a Playstation 2. And I only got it in 2002. Talk about late to the party, eh? But I've played loads of stuff at friends' and caught up through emulation.

Largest age group seems to be from 19 to 27 here from reading the posts here.

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
My first console was a master system II.

Before that I had an IBM PC and a BBC master (double disc drive and a number pad - fanks)

You can all guess my age this is depressing.
Greever said:
Wow... this thread is making me feel ancient. :-|
Second that

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008

First game is a tie between Duke Nukem/Breakout in MS-DOS, and failing miserably at the original Mario Bros.

My first actual memory of enjoying a game and grasping it was sometime when I was still in my single-digits, but I fondly remember moving into a new house, no furniture, and laying on the carpet with a tiny TV and my SNES playing Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Although when I became an alert gamer coherent enough to make sense of all the games I played, I have no idea.

Also, sorry older folks. If it makes any of you feel better, I have no clue what any of those experiences are like. NES was really my intro to gaming.

Nov 12, 2008
Well I'm glad to learn I'm not the only "old dude" around here, I'm 39 by the way. As for the first system I had it was an atari 2600.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
No idea what our first PC was, but that's what I spent my formative years gaming on. My brother got a Playstation and several years later I got an N64.

I'm 18, by the way.