Poll: Battlefront 2. You getting it?

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
Pretty sure were all aware of the GeoStorm levels of shit surrounding the game.

So, what are your plans? I'm currently on the fence.

Mcgeezaks

The biggest boss
Dec 31, 2009
Sweden
Country
Sweden
I'll get it if they promise they won't implement p2w lootboxes again.

Though the game feels unbalanced as ever, I've played maybe 10 multiplayer in the trial and not ONCE have the attackers won a single match.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Nope.

I gave the beta a try and the controls and shooting felt like shit.

That secured it as a no-buy regardless of the lootbox/microtransaction/pay-to-win business.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
No, I had no interest in it even before EA's bullshittery. Now with EA's added bullshit, I will never ever play this game.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'm in a very privileged position in not giving a shit about any of these lootbox inhabited games before they even got inhabited by lootboxes.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Nope, I've not bought anything with the EA logo since Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
I was extremely hyped when they made it seem they had learned from the first one's mistakes. Then it turned out that they had indeed "fixed" the problems with the first (season pass splitting the player base, no singleplayer content etc) only to have everything else be a dumpster fire.

So no.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
I already own it, beaten it several times in coop with friends in galactic conquest, got legendary in every skill except snipers and rockets, and played a bit online...

Oh whats that? you mean Battlefront "EA fucks my wallet without a condom" 2?

I barely play online as is! I'm not dumping 60 bucks on a game I have no friends who own it, and I genuinely consider to be a direct insult to the star wars brand and the human race.

So No, I don't plan on getting it within the decade.

jademunky

Mar 6, 2012
Definitely not.

Although the space-combat portion looks fun, I'd only really be interested in the single-player campaign which does NOT look worth $60 US. None of my friends play multiplayer battlefront (they're all trying to convince me to buy PUBG).

Mar 30, 2010
Yep. Got it this morning, played the singleplayer intro on my lunch break. Couldn't give a shit about the multiplayer and its associated lootbox fuckery, I bought the game for the singleplayer campaign and the splitscreen skirmish mode.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Nope. I was kinda curious about the SP camapaign until the whole Lootbox thing soured me on the game and EA(moreso then before). Then I find out the Campaign is pretty lackluster and the game is apparently buggy as shit.

So gonna pass on this. You had ONE job EA! ONE JOB! Make a GOOD Star Wars game! That's all anyone wanted. But noooooo....you had to EA all over it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
I only got the first game because someone bought it for me for Christmas and I wasn't going to be an asshole and make a fuss about it. It was fun for a little bit, but then it got boring. Even if this shitstorm wasn't going on, I'd have no interest in its sequel.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
How can I put this delicately? FUCK NO! EA can fuck right off. EA will never get any of my money ever.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The EA bashing salt in this thread man :p

I got over this years ago after how much a fool I was in hating on Dragon Age 2 (I still don't like the game, but I got over it)

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Negative on that.
You could basically say that I stopped buying games 2005/6, when steam started.
I'm not down with "renting" games or just loosing control of the game I've bought.
All the rest of the shady practices that have followed only reinforced this view.
Games in general have also become more cinematic which I don't condone.
More cinematic and casual/console, without a corresponding added worth to it, I should say

There are a few exceptions, which are basically niche AND indie that I'd be willing to buy.
The only problem is that some of them have mechanics or camera perspectives I don't like.
I still love the idea and and principle of gaming itself, just not this iteration of it.

*Old man grumbling - over and out*

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Nope. Lootcrates aside, I'm not getting it because of the lackluster single campaign. No idea why anyone buys multiplayer games for full price - you guys remember like, Starcraft, that had a full single player and multiplayer?