Poll: Battlefront 2. You getting it?

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Beta controls were...awful.

And, from what I've heard, they couldn't even commit to an entirely Imperial story. Standard defection bull. The P2W element is just icing on the shit cake.

So, definite no from me.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I liked the beta well enough(despite the many problems) so I might get it, but I'm going to wait until the price drops and I can buy it used. Sure, I'm going to be at a tactical disadvantage compared to everyone who's played it since launch, but at the same time I don't really care because I've already dealt with a similar problem back when I still played CoD.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I don't buy anything from EA anymore, haven't since 2013 and I don't plan to change that anytime soon.

So nope.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Grouchy Imp said:
Yep. Got it this morning, played the singleplayer intro on my lunch break. Couldn't give a shit about the multiplayer and its associated lootbox fuckery, I bought the game for the singleplayer campaign and the splitscreen skirmish mode.
How do you feel about the campaign not being complete on release, with the rest supposedly out in December?

OT: No. Not a fan of multiplayer repetition, or EA's philosophy of "how can we make even more money from selling a single product?" I dont have the time or money to be hustled. The Jedi Academy series had far more fun gameplay for multiplayer, but I can only imagine what a modern EA version would turn out like.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Maybe, Just about through the 10 hour trial and on the fence. I like what I've played and don't much care about the shitstorm, but I'm always hesitant on that $80 (CAD) price point.

If I forgot about it for a few months and see it on amazon for $20 like I did with the last one, absolutely.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
The EA bashing salt in this thread man :p

I got over this years ago after how much a fool I was in hating on Dragon Age 2 (I still don't like the game, but I got over it)
I hate all the major Publishers, not just EA.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Canadamus Prime said:
Samtemdo8 said:

I got over this years ago after how much a fool I was in hating on Dragon Age 2 (I still don't like the game, but I got over it)
At the very least Ubisoft has a better selection of games, I mean I prefer playing Far Cry 5 over Battlefront 2 and Call of Duty WW2 anyday.

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Under no circumstance am I going to buy Battlefront 4. If a game has paid lootboxes of any sort, I have no interest in it at all.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I was planning to. I enjoyed the last one enough for what it was, and this one looked to be fixing all of those previous issues.

But then the trickle of "Um...what are you doing?" started to flow, and it turned into a river, and now it is a massive tidal wave. And first the first time in my life, I find myself not buying a game on principle, even though I really want to. I was all set to wake up today and pick it up at the store, but after seeing everything that they have done, I just feel dirty picking it up.

When it goes on sale--forty dollars or less--then I will grab it. But not at full price, not like this. And I find myself hoping that I am in the majority, and that EA will suffer for this.

As such, I have already watched the ending to the campaign, because I wasn't going to wait months to see what happens.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
LostGryphon said:

And, from what I've heard, they couldn't even commit to an entirely Imperial story. Standard defection bull. The P2W element is just icing on the shit cake.
Oh don't tell me Imperial Commander Shepard turns to the Rebels...

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Played the beta for a few hours and honestly I've had my fill of it. But even if I was looking forward to it I would still pass, it just doesn't feel right buying it.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Nope. I was planning on it prior to the beta, but everything since then makes me think EA's executives need to be shot into space duct-taped to the nose of the next rocket launch. Any of the developers, managers, or other employees of the company that defend the steaming pile of shit should be included too.

edit: It really boggles my mind how any of the developers for this game could possibly be proud of their work.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Not a big fan of star wars, i don't have time for or like multiplayer games and EA can go F themselves, so that lootbox bullshit killed the last shred of interest in the game.

Jan 19, 2016
Canadamus Prime said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Same. I don't touch anything with an EA, Activision, WB or Ubisoft logo on the box.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Crap controls, poor balancing, a campaign they couldn't be bothered finishing (according to reports), and horrific bugs are enough on their own to put me off this. The microtransaction stuff is BS but then it always is, this is just people finally seeing the result of defending this shit in previous games. Sad part is I doubt anything will change long term, people will forget about this in a week or two. #justcosmetic #playerchoice #dontbeungrateful

Feb 7, 2016
I don't know if I can justify another tacked on 4 hours campaign to myself. I only do it with the Call of Duty games because since Modern Warfare 2 I only ever got them when they were used or on sale.

I did enjoy the beta, but I've tried diving into other multiplayer games that have come out and...they just die out so quickly. I always repeat the same pattern:

I buy the game
I play for about 15 hours
I open Overwatch again and I forget that I even bought that other game

I have too much invested in Overwatch and I still don't get dramatically bored of the gameplay like I do with other online shooters. I'd play Titanfall 2 more, but despite it's praise it still has a small fanbase playing on PC.

Also the obvious issues with its lootbox system. I still don't mind lootboxes as a concept to keep people playing, but it's when they offer objective benefits beyond appearance and they cost money that I draw the line.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Silentpony said:
LostGryphon said:

Oh don't tell me Imperial Commander Shepard turns to the Rebels...
Yep, also defects ridiculously early in the campaign too, like 3 missions in and suddenly miss ?glory to the empire? is having second thoughts, basically within the first 25% of the game. By about mission 5 right after surrendering to the rebels, the main character is literally given an X-wing by Lando seconds after telling him her sob story, then lands the X-wing on Naboo and fights side by side with leia to save the planet from the empire. The characters are well acted and they?ve got some good lines, but the story is fan fiction tier at best, for God?s sake, her Dad is literally the Imperial admiral she works under and of course he stays loyal to the Empire.

All that, and it ends on a cliffhanger that is supposedly going to be completed in DLC before the end of 2017, the one up side being that at least they say that DLC is going to be free.

Basically all the marketing for the single player campaign is one giant misdirect.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
God no.

Let me be totally clear on this:

Even if the lootboxes didn't exist, even if they didn't have multiplayer leveling in the first place, even if the singleplayer was longer than 4 hours and was actually well told, even if they had enough maps to cover all the locations explored over 10 years ago, even if they had more than that, even if the game had mod support, fully fleshed out instant action, and galactic conquest- with a full roster of bots.

Even if the new EA Star Wars Battlefront II had all of that, I still wouldn't touch it. You know why?

Because we had all that, in 2005. EA had a whole decade to make something that lived up to that now ancient pair of games, and instead they released the utter shell of a poor excuse for a game as their official reboot and expected everyone to buy it.

Now that's already bad enough, but had they, for instance, then worked on adding everything back in to the game over time so that it actually merited it's full price tag in the first place, I may have begun to consider it.

Instead, they wash their hands of the whole project and everyone who got it, with a big fuck you, and abandoned what was little more than a glorified tech demo to finally build a (slightly more) complete game as a sequel, with the features everyone was expecting in the bloody first place.

Enough is enough. This kind of shit will never stop until we consciously stop giving them money to rip us off again and again. I cannot -will not- support these bastards any longer until they start treating customers as actual people. Until then, I'll keep having a blast with Pandemic's Battlefront games, thank you very much.

ChupathingyX said:
Nah, I already bought and played it over 10 years ago.
This guy gets it. Right on.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
lolno

granted I wasn't going to buy it before the shit storm started, but with every thing I've heard about it, If I had wanted to get it I would have lost total interest in it.

Pay2Win should NEVER be allowed or supported.