Poll: Best FPS ever?

punkrocker27

Mar 24, 2009
Halo 2 for it's multiplayer, System Shock 2 for singleplayer (although nostalgia has a lot to do with that one.)

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Henry Nickerson said:
Denamic said:
Xpwn3ntial said:
Funny how Halo:CE isn't there.

I voted Doom, but that's just my opinion. I really liked Doom.
Halo?
Sure, it was the best the xbox had to offer, and it's not bad in of itself.
But compared to all the other FPSes on the PC, it just didn't hold a candle.
If it was released on the PC and not the xbox, it'd get a lukewarm reception at best.
I mean, the only thing it brought to the table was regenerating health and vehicles.
Everything else was pretty bland.
Halo CE was ported to the PC to great reviews about a year after its original release
The metacritic score is still significantly lower on the PC version, and it got a lukewarm reception despite the existing PR.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I'm going to count Fallout 3 and New Vegas. True, you can switch perspectives, but I've found use for the first-person in those games, so I say it goes in. And naturally, FalloutJack would toot his 'own freakin' horn. Big surprise, right?

mechanixis

Oct 16, 2009
Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Other games may come and go, but I still play that game a lot. It came out around the same time as Gears and had a much more satisfying cover system, but for some reason Gears is the one that everyone copied.

Cuddly Knife

May 20, 2009
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, no doubt. Unique gameplay, great story, funny characters, great graphics, Oddworld universe. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

norender

Aug 19, 2010
My list is MW2, Blackops, TF2, and CoD2. They were all good games, but blackops is starting to lose its grip.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
My favorite game is half life 2 so...that. Not including that I'd probably say Bioshock. Both games having amazing plots, mixed with fantastic characters as well as satisfying combat.

Multiplayer wise I'd go with Left 4 dead 1&2. I must have at least 50 hours clocked on both of those...

Cipher1

Feb 28, 2011
I gotta go with timesplitters few games have ever come close to its level of madness I mean really is hard to beat a midget cyborg chasing a snowman on magic carpet around with a flamethrower as it screams "I'M MELTING!!!!!!!" or a gangster running around a hospital with a shotgun killing duck men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwBWbB6hq4o&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pNfwd74kxI&feature=related

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
For me, it's a toss-up between half-life and half-life 2.

HL was an amazing, game-changing event. It transformed my expectations of what a game could be.

HL2 was almost as good for gameplay, but with better-developed narrative, and a gravity gun.