Poll: Best FPS ever?

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Though one, hanging in a conflict between the best and my favorite. Half-Life is obviously the best and WIL live forever. Battlefield 2 is my all time favorite.

Alexias_Sandar

Nov 8, 2010
Wolfenstein 3D. Because sometimes, you just want to knife a Nazi...and where else can you fight Hitler one on one, while he's in a Mech with 4 chain guns...and then when you destroy that, fight him toe to toe while he's still got you outgunned.

Back over the health, boys and girls, its there for a reason. Otherwise, death is you friend.

Even if he's the only thing I couldn't find some way to knife to death. :(

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
Without a doubt whatsoever.. TF2 has me clocking an insane amount of hours.. And im still happy playing it daily..

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
I'm confused, why isn't Team Fortress 2 (or cod 4) on the list? These are mostly just nostagic games from years ago :(.

floobie

Sep 10, 2010
I voted Half Life 2. In terms of a pure shooter, with no real "genre-bending" happening, I've never played a better one. After playing subsequent shooters, I'm pretty much convinced Valve is the only developer still capable of making a straight up shooter that I'll like. Add genre bending to the mix, and I'd change my vote to Deus Ex, because it is quite possibly my favorite game ever.

Multiplayer probably also deserves to be addressed separately. So, I'll throw in an answer for that as well. Team Fortress Classic. I spent a LOT of time playing that throughout middle school and high school. After that, I never really got into multiplayer shooters again. I obviously jumped on TF2, and it's pretty fun, but the magic of TFC was gone (for me).

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Denamic said:
Halo?
Sure, it was the best the xbox had to offer, and it's not bad in of itself.
But compared to all the other FPSes on the PC, it just didn't hold a candle.
If it was released on the PC and not the xbox, it'd get a lukewarm reception at best.
I mean, the only thing it brought to the table was regenerating health and vehicles.
Everything else was pretty bland.
Unless it was made by Valve for the PC and then ported to consoles.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Halo 3, followed by Doom, followed by Goldeneye, followed by Duke.
Everything else on your list is overrated/mediocre, and the only game to come close to the fun I got from these 4 was Combat Evolved, which is just a downgrade of Halo 3 for me.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Xpwn3ntial said:
Unless it was made by Valve for the PC and then ported to consoles.
Valve didn't have the rabid fanbase it has today back then.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009

Maybe it's just his voice and all the one-liners, but this game was a hell of a lot of fun.​

jacx

Feb 20, 2010
im gunna say CoD:WaW because i loved the MP. for story id say half life 2

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
If we're talking pure FPS-elements then it could be a few things, but if it's actually asking what is the best game that is also an FPS I don't see anything beating Deus Ex.

Game had so much depth, wish more games these days had something like it.

It's one of those games that are so good that you'd buy the sequel(or prequel, winkwink) expecting it to be worse and still expecting yourself to be satisfied.

miva2

Mar 18, 2010
i voted "other". not because of cod though
the cod games are good, but they're not special imo

greatest fps ever is Bulletstorm cause of the awesomeness!