Poll: Best Metallica Album

St Gustopher

Aug 6, 2009
I agree with the other people
why wasn't S and M included?
it was the 3rd metallica album i got about half a year ago and i still listen to it regularly

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
The early albums really, really need remastering, the 80's production is not good. Good example is when I saw then play Seek and Destroy live, it sounded so different to how it sounds on Kill 'em All. Voted Death Magnetic, because the only real difference in quality is the production and sound quality, which Death Magnetic does best thanks to its newness.
Remaster Master of Puppets and my opinion will probably cahnge.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
I think anything before Load/Reload was epic but The Black Album was my favorite.

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
Anything after The first four is unconditionally garbage, no different form your off the shelf radio pop.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Superbeast said:
Why the hell isn't S&M on the list?

Pretty much all the best Metallica tracks, with absolutely stunning orchestral backing.
Agreed. That's definately their best album.

Shiny Rabbit

May 8, 2010
1:Master of Puppets
2:Kill 'Em All
3:Ride The Lightning

Master of Puppets was the first Metallica song I heard and and so has always had a special place in my heart but I like all of them (except for St. Anger, Garage Inc. and Death Magnetic, how can I like something I haven't heard?)

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Cpt_Oblivious said:
Superbeast said:

Pretty much all the best Metallica tracks, with absolutely stunning orchestral backing.
Agreed. That's definately their best album.
Twas pretty sweet album, really brings some tracks to life, "The thing that should not be" and "The Call of C'thulu" particularly.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Load/Reload for sure, and I don't care if I'm in the tiny minority. It was their most creative and interesting album, and it didn't have the annoying problem ...and Justice For All and Master of Puppets did, namely, a tendency for the songs to all sound basically the same. I thought it was great.

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
Superbeast said:

Why isn't S&M there? WHY? That's my all time FAVORITE album, absolute genius.

sunruh3

May 26, 2010
Where's the box for "None of the above, because after the last three albums of over-produced corporate shilled shit has left me so cold to the Metallica experience, I want to erase the better part of my High school and College music memories and replace them with any band that wasn't going to kick me in the balls. Thank god for Soundgarden and Alice in Chains."

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Ride the Lightning, and Death Magnetic are my favorite, but I like all of them except for:

Load - Only had one good song (King Nothing)
Reload - Only had 3 good songs (Fuel, The Memory Remains, Unforgiven II)
Saint Anger - Had a few okay songs (Frantic, St. Anger, Shoot Me Again)
Garage Inc. - It wasn't bad, but it was a cover album, so to me, it doesn't count.

UltraParanoia

Oct 11, 2009
Kill 'em all or Ride the Lightning.

Oh, and S&M doesn't count, it's essentially a greatest hit's album only with an orchestra.

That said:

kasperTFG

Aug 5, 2009
...And Justice for All. Followed by Ride the Lightning and Kill 'em All. As a group, I like the old stuff better (and also because I like pre-born again Christian Dave Mustaine), but it's impossible to deny ...And Justice for All. Anything after the Black Album is not worth the time it takes to listen to.

edit: UltraParanoia- I laughed. Out loud.

child of lileth

The Norway Italian
Jun 10, 2009
...And Justice for All. I don't care what anyone else says, that will always be my favorite. I can't stand anything past that (other than covers and b-side stuff), but I like most of the stuff before it also.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I always say Black Album I dunno if its truly my personal favorite, but probably made them the most famous/money.