Jun 22, 2008
Jumplion said:
Bulletinmybrain said:
DirkGently said:
Bulletinmybrain said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Supernovajake said:
DYin01 said:
Little Big Planet is the only reason that makes me want a PS3. Other than that, the PS3 is hardly superior to the Xbox 360. The PS3 has less games, suckier network (eventhough it IS for free. Wait, it is free, right?), is more expensive (both the games and the actual PS3) and.. Did I say less games yet? Plus, I really don't like the controller, but that's personal preference.
When 360 owners say that the PS3 has a worse online network they never say why. Can you give some reasons please?
And don't say "Its liable to lag and crash". In my experiences with Live, it managed to do both of those at a level I've never seen my Ps3 match.
I have had some laggy games on PSN but never as bad as hosted servers on MSatans big name ones.Not to mention I can host games on PSN with zero lag unlike live when lags up a storm.
I blame your internets, sir. My Xbox Live experience is only laggy or likewise bad there are things attributable to my connection, (IE other people) which I fix and no longer have problems. As I've said, whenever I use the PSN on my network it's category five hurricane of failure.
I guess its a toss-up. Same problem with my freind. Every time we play survival on MGO he lags out every fucking time. While I lag out quite often on XBL I very rarely have that happen on PSN.
MGO is a separate network from PSN I believe. That's why you have to sign up two accounts. If it's laggy it's Konami's fault there.
Okay, But that still doesn't explain why he randomly lags out in any game ever. >.>

Also indigo that could be because the time when survival would be held over there? or is it done 4 hours before midnight no matter what?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants said:
Bob_F_It said:
You listed some games on that poll. It's missing Mirror's Edge (that's a prospective reason, though. Your call)
Mirror's Edge is a Ps3 exclusive? Since when? Source please.
I don't know why people are thinking that Mirror's Edge is exclusive to the PS3, it's confusing me o_O;

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
You're right, I was being an idiot for a moment. It's because they keep announcing "this is the start of PS3" on the adverts.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Bulletinmybrain said:
Jumplion said:
Bulletinmybrain said:
DirkGently said:
Bulletinmybrain said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Supernovajake said:
DYin01 said:
Little Big Planet is the only reason that makes me want a PS3. Other than that, the PS3 is hardly superior to the Xbox 360. The PS3 has less games, suckier network (eventhough it IS for free. Wait, it is free, right?), is more expensive (both the games and the actual PS3) and.. Did I say less games yet? Plus, I really don't like the controller, but that's personal preference.
When 360 owners say that the PS3 has a worse online network they never say why. Can you give some reasons please?
And don't say "Its liable to lag and crash". In my experiences with Live, it managed to do both of those at a level I've never seen my Ps3 match.
I have had some laggy games on PSN but never as bad as hosted servers on MSatans big name ones.Not to mention I can host games on PSN with zero lag unlike live when lags up a storm.
I blame your internets, sir. My Xbox Live experience is only laggy or likewise bad there are things attributable to my connection, (IE other people) which I fix and no longer have problems. As I've said, whenever I use the PSN on my network it's category five hurricane of failure.
I guess its a toss-up. Same problem with my freind. Every time we play survival on MGO he lags out every fucking time. While I lag out quite often on XBL I very rarely have that happen on PSN.
MGO is a separate network from PSN I believe. That's why you have to sign up two accounts. If it's laggy it's Konami's fault there.
Okay, But that still doesn't explain why he randomly lags out in any game ever. >.>

Also indigo that could be because the time when survival would be held over there? or is it done 4 hours before midnight no matter what?
I have no fucking idea. I can't find a straight answer anywhere.

Sorry, I'm just really pissed. I payed $20 for this, and I haven't been able to use it. Hell, I can use the Warhawk pack regularly, but this has so far meant jack all to me.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/tags/metal%20gear%20online

Check that out.

Anyways, Here on the east coast of the states survival starts up at 20.00 GM time and rums to 00.00 GM time. So transfer aussie time to that and see if there are any people in the lobby then.(This only happens Friday, Saturday and sunday btw.)

Also new content pack later this year with Ocelot and Mei Ling or whoever the chick with the ass that johnny likes will be out it seems.

ThePlasmatizer

Sep 2, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Jumplion said:
Bob_F_It said:
You listed some games on that poll. It's missing Mirror's Edge (that's a prospective reason, though. Your call)
I don't know why people are thinking that Mirror's Edge is exclusive to the PS3, it's confusing me o_O;
Considering that it's coming out for Xbox, PS3 and PC I can only assume that Kojima has been going around whacking people on the heads with a big dubious mallet.
The Ps3 secured exclusive DLC, and its supposed to run better on the Ps3, so the Ps3 supposedly has the superior version. But you'd have to be absolutely in love with this game to care.
I'm pretty sure it will both run smoother and look better on high end PC than on a PS3 but we already covered that so let me just tuck it under the carpet.

And DLC's are over-rated in my opinion, will it be a payed one?
There's no difference in how it runs on either system lol, we don't even know what the DLC even is yet what can you add through DLC to a game that isn't focused on items?

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
ThePlasmatizer said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Jumplion said:
Bob_F_It said:
Considering that it's coming out for Xbox, PS3 and PC I can only assume that Kojima has been going around whacking people on the heads with a big dubious mallet.
The Ps3 secured exclusive DLC, and its supposed to run better on the Ps3, so the Ps3 supposedly has the superior version. But you'd have to be absolutely in love with this game to care.
I'm pretty sure it will both run smoother and look better on high end PC than on a PS3 but we already covered that so let me just tuck it under the carpet.

And DLC's are over-rated in my opinion, will it be a payed one?
There's no difference in how it runs on either system lol, we don't even know what the DLC even is yet what can you add through DLC to a game that isn't focused on items?
Are you basing a lack of difference on that it's the same software? I'm sure HL2 on your computer is much better than mine.

Vampire_Hermes

Oct 16, 2008
Motorstorm is the one that tempts me most on the list, but none of them (or even all of them) are not enough of a reason for me to shell out all that money. Even if I had it.

JuniorMartin

Jul 21, 2008
It truly comes to personal taste. The 360 and ps3 are as different to each other as black and white. People buy consoles for the console experience not for high definition gaming, just look at the wii to prove my point. Eggo read this thread title, it is about the reason for buying a ps3 stop trolling just answer and leave. Xbox live and PlayStation online are both good online service just one is more populated then the other. Little Big Planet is making me a very happy ps3 owner so right now its my number own reason, my number two is MGS4. Man I love these games any way.....

I prefer the PlayStation controller to the xbox 360 controller, the battery pack on the xbox controller bugs me. From my experience with the two communities surrounding the two consoles the ps3 camp is better for the sole reason that I have never HAD a 10 year old calling my mother gay over PlayStation online.

indyfan

Oct 19, 2008
the blu-ray and hd gaming are worth it if you got an HDTV

other than that, depending if your a fan or not, I would get a ps3 for MGS4

Resistance 2 and Motorstorm are small reasons to get a ps3

PS network is ok for being free I guess, no where near Xbox Live though

I bought a PS3 for MGS4 and its still the only game I own for the system

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
indyfan said:

You do not know how awesome Resistance 2 Co-Op is. So worth it.

DirkGently

Oct 22, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
DirkGently said:
The usual questions of was anyone else using your network, was your computer on, someone stealing your wireless, were you using a wireless connection, etc apply. Every once in a while it would seem that the xbox live/the game developers clear out their caches as to what IP's/Gamertags have good connections and make good hosts and you'll frequently get stuck with bad hosts who disconnect or drop out. Were you losing your connection to Xbox Live or just the particular lobby you were in? When I was talking about my problems with the PSN my ID was being disconnected and I was losing my connection completely.

EDIT: Also, define "Full broadband connection".
It was in a console lounge that I was using to make my choice between the two. At first it didn't connect at all, so I asked the guy to give me the full allocation. So I was receiving the Internet capacity for 30 terminals at the same time. And it didn't drop then - it lagged for the full game. As in I push foward, and after 20 seconds of nothing I have my face in a wall.
Ah. See, I'd blame that on the poor network. I'm sure if you were to use an Xbox on your own home network, you'd have a much better experience.
indyfan said:

I certainly wouldn't recommend this. I mean, if you're a MGS fanboy you've already gotten the game, beaten, gotten every medal and written a guide to do it for gamefaqs.