Poll: Bioshock Infinite or Skyrim?

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
The Heavy Metal Nerd said:
I'm a fairly low-budget gamer. Most of the time I'll wait a few years for a game to drop a few bucks, rather than pay full price for it. But there are two upcoming games that even I'm willing to stand in line for on release day: Bioshock Infinite and Skyrim.

A little question for my fellow Escapists: If you could have either game RIGHT NOW, which would it be?
You could have both. BioShock Infinite isn't set to release until sometime in Q2 2012. Just saying.

I think I'm a little more partial to BioShock, but it's really about me wanting to know how it all ties in. I'm pretty excited for Skyrim too, though.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
If Oblivion and Bioshock 2(or even Bioshock 1) are anything to judge by, you'll get literally hundreds more hours of fun out of Skyrim. If I had to make the choice it would Skyrim for me, hands down.

The Youth Counselor

Sep 20, 2008
Bioshock Infinite. Skyrim just looks like your standard sword and sorcery RPG but now with the prettiest graphics.

Bioshock Infinite looks and appears to play new and exciting.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Meh, I never got into Bioshock. I never played all the way through the first one (I got about helf way and got bored) so I don't think I'll give much of a toss for this one either.

Skyrim all the way baby.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Eh... the first Bioshock was alright, and the series has gone downhill from there. And The Elder Scrolls have consistently been awesome and it looks like Skyrim won't be changing that. Skyrim, hands down.

Plus, Bioshock doesn't have dragons. No contest.

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
Skyrim. I'd love to have both games, but if I could only pick one I'd pick the one I could get more play-time out of. Plus, open-world games are like crack to me.

MrMrAwesom

Mar 19, 2011
After bioshock 2 I think I'd chose kane & lynch 2 over infinite.
May be a bad way to look at it but Bioshock 2 was so lame to me (DON'T ask why) I didn't think there'd ever be a sequel & that I'd never buy it either.
Go ahead & flame me for liking COD better than Bioshock 2

Jake Martinez

Apr 2, 2010
As a somewhat older gamer this boggles my mind... 20 years ago I was paying pretty much the same price for new PC releases then as I am paying now (especially with the advent of digitial distribution). Hell, I don't even have to upgrade my PC as much anymore since everything is developed to target 6 year old console hardware.

I would have thought the price of gaming had gotten significantly cheaper, relative to the increase in cost on other things...

BrailleOperatic

Jul 7, 2010
Skyrim. I'm STILL playng Oblivion all these years later. Skyrim has to have at least that much survivability.

NEMESIS 94

Jun 16, 2011
Couldn't stick with bioshock 1 enough to finish it. Just wasn't my style I guess. But I've been with Elder Scrolls since forever

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
The Heavy Metal Nerd said:
I'm a fairly low-budget gamer. Most of the time I'll wait a few years for a game to drop a few bucks, rather than pay full price for it. But there are two upcoming games that even I'm willing to stand in line for on release day: Bioshock Infinite and Skyrim.

A little question for my fellow Escapists: If you could have either game RIGHT NOW, which would it be?
Look, most people are going to tell you Skyrim, that's because most Elderscrolls fans (particularly those who joined on oblivion) are crazy rabid super fans. They write freaking songs about the game for Pete's sakes. They plagued game magazines and question shows with requests for information on a sequel four years before there was ever a sequel announced. In short they are not reasonable people. They will throw around words like "love" and "no contest" and you know they're not in your mindset already.

I liked both so I'll sum it up this way. You will play Skyrim for a lot of hours. You will play Bioshock infinite for fewer hours but those hours will be jam-packed. I really couldn't pick between the two myself (though infinite's offering the more fantastic world imo) and I'll probably just buy both so I wish you luck.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
The Mehster said:
chronicfc said:
Well... I have already preordered Skyrim... so yeah, that
^^This.

Anybody else going to run around with 2 shields?
Yes. The enemy will fear my tools of beating. I shall go down in history as, "The Wall".

OT:
Skyrim. Double shield away!!

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
Skyrim by a landslide. Bioshock is cool but there's no way it'll be as deeply developed or as big of a world.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
how bout u wait for them to come out before u make a decision?

if not, i say skyrim. oblivion was pretty damn good (or so i've heard anyway, i haven't played it) and fallout 3 was fucking awesome (from personal experience)

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
I would take Infinite. From what I've seen so far it is going to be exciting and fun in the vein of the first game without being tied to the same plot, and with plenty of new innovation thrown in for good measure.

Skyrim might be fun. Fallout 3 may have convinced me to give it a chance, but when I see a WRPG and it's the same Orcs, the same Elves, the same Dwarves etc. ect. I get... a little... ZZZzzzzzzzzz

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Well, one is a 50+ hours game and the other is a 10+ hours game, so if I was in a low budget it would be a no-brainer.

Also, if it's for PC its reinforced with the unlimited replayability because of mods.