Poll: Borderlands Gun Manufacturer: Who's your favorite?

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Current Loadout;
-Maliwan Incendiary Sniper
-Dahl Incendiary Sniper (Very good fire rate)
-Maliwan Corrosive Shotgun
-Atlas Revolver

That said, my favourite weapons manufacturer is probably either Maliwan or Jakobs. I like them.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
NearLifeExperience said:
You're pretty funny :p but still wrong.
What manufacturer you pick depends solely on personal preference. There is no best.
You're forgetting the one and only question: explosions?

Haxxle said:
I do avoid Torgue weapons since the projectile speed is slow enough for the target to strafe away from it.
I should probably mention my main is Zero and with something like 7 points in Velocity, which greatly enhances the usability of Torgues. I can't stand them with my Maya. They both like Vladofs ;)

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Jakobs for snipers, shotguns and handguns. Though Dahl are also amazing when it comes to handguns.

Maliwan for SMGs. Elemental on rapid fire, need I say more?

Vladof for assault rifles. <3

OH, and since Jakobs shotguns use up ammo pretty quickly, Torgue! That's awesome weaponry.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
6_Qubed said:
NearLifeExperience said:
Bertylicious said:
NearLifeExperience said:
Good point.
I am glad that you agree with me and have become a better, more correct, version of yourself as a consequence.

I feel like Diogenes, only less naked and covered in shit.
You're pretty funny :p but still wrong.
What manufacturer you pick depends solely on personal preference. There is no best.
Would now be a bad time to point out that the poll at the top was asking for "favorites", not "the best"?
I fail to grasp the distinction.

If I said I liked Dahl Sniper Rifles and that evolution "was just, like, your opinion, man" you would take me in hand. You would say "Berty, we love you but what you are doing here is profaning the truth. The quantity of proof against your position is overwhelming. Please stop disgracing yourself with your lies."

And you would be right to do so. Naturally your rational and well meant intervention would only cause me to entrench my position further because I am a human being and therefore terrible untill the moderators were required to take action unto me with their mighty ban-hammers.

In the interest of compromise I will concede that there are certain instances where Torque rifles are better than Torque miniguns.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
My Maliwan Volcano is an awesome sniper. Many a non-shielded enemy has fallen to but one shot from this mighty beast.

For Dahl, my Hornet pistol handily melts armored targets like there's no tomorrow! Although, for every other occasion, the Infinty from Vladof is my choice of pistols.

Hyperion's Conference Call shotgun. The ONLY shotgun you'll ever need. Period.

But my absolute favorite, and the one weapon I mainly used to solo Pete the Invincible - Tediore's Baby Maker. An SMG that has no equal. It is the god of weapons. To put this in perspective, I one-shotted Roscoe and Scarlet with this weapon.

Tediore: Exploding guns + exploding enemies = Happy Vault Hunter! ^_^

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Vladof

Rate of fire is what I want the most. It's doesn't lack clip size. I can get so many hits into the head quickly with them. Doesn't matter what gun type.

Myndnix

Aug 11, 2012
Dahl, all the goddamn way. Give me a Dahl assault rifle or SMG, and watch me tear up the planet with some good ol' burst fire.
I'm also fond of Vladof, for more close range combat.

NearLifeExperience

Oct 21, 2012
Jamous said:
Current Loadout;
-Atlas Revolver

That said, my favourite weapons manufacturer is probably either Maliwan or Jakobs. I like them.
Hold on a second here.. why are you still playing Borderlands 1?

WoW Killer said:
You're forgetting the one and only question: explosions?
My Jakobs sniper makes people's heads explode, does that count? :p EXPLOOOOSIONS are pretty rad, but I just think Torgue is too slow. Faster enemies often strafe and avoid the projectiles. Of course you could just fire at their feet and have the splash damage kill them, but I prefer something more reliable.

-Ezio-

Eats Nuts, Kicks Butts.
Nov 17, 2009
i cant pick just one.

maliwan for SMGs and some snipers
Jacobs for snipers
Vladof for Assault rifles and pistols
Bandit or Tediore for shotguns
Bandit or Torgue for rocket launchers

my current loadout is:

1. Vladof pistol (choice of fire, shock or corosive depending on what I'm fighting)
2. Tediore Shotgun
3. Jacobs sniper
4. bandit launcher.

also got elemental snipers in reserve.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
ShockHorror its Jakobs.

Mine is actually Bandit. Their Rare and upwards guns are just amazing for a Commando with Assualt Rifle damage buffs.

I had an Edirian Bandit MG. 335 in the clip, insane rate of fire, and that low damage was countered by my skill tree.

Miss that Gun.

Gylukios

The Red Comet
Dec 3, 2008
Dahl. Because real men use burst fire sniper rifles. I don't care if it's horribly inefficient. I prefer it that way.

Nothing soothes the soul like a gun with an eight round magazine that fires a five round burst.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I would have to say Torgue, as the shot gun called the Three Way Hulk I keep finding by them is amazing, and I have used their weapons for most of the game. Then Hyperion because they made The Bane which is just the best thing ever invented.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Every single weapon I have on my Mechromancer is a Jakobs: 2 pistols, a shotgun, and a sniper rifle.

That being said, I do get a little giddy inside when I find a Maliwan pistol/sniper rifle.

I love me some elemental damage.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
NearLifeExperience said:
Jamous said:
Current Loadout;
-Atlas Revolver

Hold on a second here.. why are you still playing Borderlands 1?
One, how on Earth could you tell? And two IT'S NOT MY FAULT I'M POOR! D;

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
Generally my preference is less for the manfacturer, and more for the weapons actual stats. But as others have said, it all depends on your playstyle and weapon classes.

Personally, I'm more of a 'snipe enemies from a great distance' kinda guy (y'know, a coward), so as far as I'm concerned, Hyperion guns can fuck themselves. Yes, Hyperion may produce some of the more powerful guns, but they're fucking useless if the aim is all over the place like a drunk 12 year old.

Similarly, Torgue can get lost too. Sure, explosive splash damage is there, but so is the slower projectile velocity, and when I'm in the thick of it, I don't really want to be doing fancy mathmatics to figure out distances, enemy speed and direction of movement, and compensate accordingly (y'know, like what real life snipers do)

As someone who primarily plays as the Siren, I'm gonna go with Maliwan then. Or Vladof. I probably use those brands more frequently than any others.