Poll: Bowser Vs. Tank

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
In his double-review of L4D2 and Super Mario Bros. Wii, Yahtzee asked as the last caption at the very end of his video who would survive in a fight to the death between Bowser and a Tank.

After a quick check to see if anyone else did something like this, I decided to see what you guys think.

I'd say Bowser, because he can breathe fire and go into his spiky shell.

EDIT: To clerify, if you have trouble paying attention, I mean the Tanks from the Left 4 Dead games. Otherwise, I wouldn't be capitalizing it.

Master Break

Dec 30, 2010
I have to go with the tank, If Mario can throw Bowser a good 300 feet think what a tank could do to him.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Tank, easily... I mean, I have 4 people shoot, flame, and explode the piss outta him (or her... how could you really tell???) and the bastard still manages to kill us...

Tanks rape... Simple as that...

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
Tank all the way. Bowser's shell can't hold up to the tanks impossibly accurate concrete slab throws of instant death.

chif-ii

Aug 31, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
chif-ii said:
Bowser. The tank has to reload. Bowser doesn't.
Wait, is this discussion about the tanks on Left 4 Dead, or real-life tanks?

Great, now my heads gonna explode...
I'm assuming real life tanks. My point being, even if a tank didn't have to reload until it ran out of shells, Bowser could get to within 20 feet of the guy, retreat into his shell like he does in Bowser's Inside Story, and wait until the enemy has wasted all of their rounds shooting over his head.

Or he could just, y'know, send a platoon of bo-ombs to blow the tank up or something.

sapphireofthesea

Jul 18, 2010
I say Bowser. The tank does do some real damage but remember, originally, the only thing that could beat Bowser was Lava. The best Mario could do was drop him in it.
Keep that in mind, you can kill the Tank with bullets, but you need Lava for Bowser. ^^

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
I thought you meant a real tank, which would also be an interesting discussion. (Bowser wins if his shell can take a .50 cal round, doubtful though.)

Never played L4D more than a few mins so never saw a tank >.>

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
chif-ii said:
ThatLankyBastard said:
chif-ii said:

I'm assuming real life tanks. My point being, even if a tank didn't have to reload until it ran out of shells, Bowser could get to within 20 feet of the guy, retreat into his shell like he does in Bowser's Inside Story, and wait until the enemy has wasted all of their rounds shooting over his head.

Or he could just, y'know, send a platoon of bo-ombs to blow the tank up or something.
*head ex-PLODES*

chif-ii

Aug 31, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
chif-ii said:
ThatLankyBastard said:
chif-ii said:

*head ex-PLODES*
/thread.

Of course, my argument is only valid as long as Bowser isn't stupid (which judging by the fact that he trains his goombas to run one by one directly at the toes of his archnemisis, is a given.)

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Bowser, the tank doesn't have a personal army that follows his every word, a castle, and a flying car with the dumbest paint job ever.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3595/3493870296_565df8880f_z.jpg
I mean, WHO PAINTED THAT THING?!?

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Abcxyq said:
The Tank. Even Mario can throw Bowser around.
I'm pretty sure all of mario's exploits were a mushroom-induced hallucination. So when he thought he was throwing a 4 ton lizard tens of yards by the tail, he was really laying curled up petting a goomba.
Tanks on the other hand, are fucking real and would squash bowser.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
sapphireofthesea said:
I say Bowser. The tank does do some real damage but remember, originally, the only thing that could beat Bowser was Lava. The best Mario could do was drop him in it.
Keep that in mind, you can kill the Tank with bullets, but you need Lava for Bowser. ^^
This argument only holds water if they fight in the real world...err...L4D world. If they were to brawl in the mushroom kingdom, where lava is more abundant than water, then bowser is f'ed in the A.

Georgie_Leech

Nov 10, 2009
Bowser. He's been subjected to pretty much everything you can throw at a guy, and he's come out alive. Beaten, but alive. Can't say the same for a tank.

everfreeDragon

Oct 28, 2009
s0m3th1ng said:
sapphireofthesea said:
This argument only holds water if they fight in the real world...err...L4D world. If they were to brawl in the mushroom kingdom, where lava is more abundant than water, then bowser is f'ed in the A.
But if we follow the logic from New Super Mario Bros Bowser's chances only improve if he's thrown into the lava. Dry Bowser is more unkillable than original Bowser as he has all his abilities plus the unkillability of a Drybones.