Poll: Bowser Vs. Tank

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
chif-ii said:
ThatLankyBastard said:
chif-ii said:
Bowser. The tank has to reload. Bowser doesn't.
Wait, is this discussion about the tanks on Left 4 Dead, or real-life tanks?

Great, now my heads gonna explode...
I'm assuming real life tanks. My point being, even if a tank didn't have to reload until it ran out of shells, Bowser could get to within 20 feet of the guy, retreat into his shell like he does in Bowser's Inside Story, and wait until the enemy has wasted all of their rounds shooting over his head.

Or he could just, y'know, send a platoon of bo-ombs to blow the tank up or something.
While the discussion is regarding the tank from L4D, I tend to think it an unfair matchup either way for bowser. Sure he has thick skin and a sturdy shell and can breath fire but tanks have thicker skin and shoot rounds that are expected to punch through several feet of the best armor produced by man at ranges that exceed a mile. Beyond the main gun, the tank has the mobility to ensure Bowser never gets close enough to do anything useful and secondary weapons more than capable of bringing him low eventually.

A fight between the L4D tank and bowser would be more interesting but still relatively unfair. Both are incredibly durable but the tank obviously has the strength to toss bowser around like a rag-doll. Bowser's only hope is to set the tank on fire and then try and outrun the thing.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Ossian said:
I thought you meant a real tank, which would also be an interesting discussion. (Bowser wins if his shell can take a .50 cal round, doubtful though.)

Never played L4D more than a few mins so never saw a tank >.>
Tank rounds are ever so slightly larger that .50 cals - I think a discarding sabot round is going to punch through more than some measly armour-piercing boolet ;)

Bowser breaths fire, fire makes Tanks faster... I guess it's a matter if the Tank can get Bowser into lava before he burns to death o.0 Or, you know, just rip bowser apart with his zombie strength...

Blindrooster

Jul 13, 2009
sapphireofthesea said:
I say Bowser. The tank does do some real damage but remember, originally, the only thing that could beat Bowser was Lava. The best Mario could do was drop him in it.
Keep that in mind, you can kill the Tank with bullets, but you need Lava for Bowser. ^^
Mario also never tried using an AK-47.

ajemas

Nov 19, 2009
Bowser for one reason and one reason only: Fire.
In the games, setting a Tank on fire results in an inevitable death for the Tank as he slowly burns to death. Nothing the Tank does can ever extinguish it.
As soon as the fight starts, Bowser is going to open up with a fireball, and if the Tank gets hit by it, which he certainly will at some point in the fight, he is guaranteed[i/] to die. If they fought, say, 1000 imaginary battles, the worst that Bowser could do in any of them is tie, since the Tank will die shortly after the fight is over.
Bowser is going to win at least some of the time, no matter how outmatched he is, due to the laws of statistics. If he wins just once out of, say, one million matches, his win percentage is guaranteed to be higher than the Tank's, rendering him the statistical winner.
It's just science.
(I need a job.)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Bowser

tanks, as i understand are zombies >.> just tougher (never played L4D, and not about it) Bowser breaths fire, has survived pretty much every instant death 'thing' you can think of.

some one tryed bringing up that mario can throw bowser around, -.- thing about that, mario is alive still, and thus has the clairity of thought to duck behind an go for the tail ( i assume we're talking about the NPC tanks in the fallowing) no zombie is gonna have the metal ability to think like that, it would problly try an just grab him from the front, where he and be clawed and set a blaze :3

Naheal said:
Bowser is a tank..

/thread.
and then there's ^ this reason, in tank Vs tank, the better armed tank wins, and that is Bowser in this case

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
Tank because the AI director is a bastard and would throw the fucken thing in when Bowser could least handle him

people aren't generally afraid of Bowser, they are afraid of the tank (and other things)

BRMXJzjsoawk321

Jan 13, 2010
It depends on the player controlling the Tank. Like anyone plays against AI tanks, pssshhh.

In L4D2 pub versus tanks usually end up being terribad and are easily overpowered by the survivor's defib, medkits, and various OP weapons such as tier 2/3 and melee.

..Oh wait, are we seeing how well they would fight against each other, or how well they own the players?

Tanks are easily handled, they are rarely scary unless your entire team is boomed on with other skilled player-controlled infected. Bowser isn't really scary either, but Tank in hands of an excellent player with a coordinated team can fuck your mind.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
If Bowser manages to light him on fire early on and just run around avoiding him, Bowser wins.

Ultraman950

Oct 17, 2010
asinann said:
Bowser shoots flame and stomps on things.
The M1A1 Abrams is immune to any flame that isn't nuclear and is built so tough that a 20 story building can collapse on top of it without doing more than scratching the paint. It can fire 75mm depleted uranium anti-tank shells accurately from farther away than Bowser can see.

I'm going with the tank.
That's all very well and good. But we're talking about Tanks from the Left 4 Dead games. It's in the first post.

Were I talking about actual real-life tanks, I would specify. And agree with you. And then say that a well-placed round from a Barret .50 cal would put Bowser down.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
Abcxyq said:
The Tank. Even Mario can throw Bowser around.
But remember when you're an obese Italian man who does plumbing then you get superhuman strength.
Plus Mario is on mushrooms.
While none of the L4D charachters are!
It's clearly Bowser...Since he has a castle.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Ultraman950 said:
you probably been told, but hte polls not working. Sorry, I dont like to read too many other posts till I have an opinoin set incase it sways mine.

OT: Bowser. He has an army to fight for him, a castle to hide in, and finally a shell and breaths fire to keep safe from the tank.

Also, Vs threads are usually frowned upon (probably was told that too, but for good measure).

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
As awesome as the Tanks are, I'm going to say Bowser.

I mean Mario has been trying to kill Bowser for 25 GODDAMN YEARS (aswell as playing Football with him, going Go-Karting with him and teaming up with him once in a while) and Bowser is still alive and just as persistent as always; kidnapping Peach, having "cake" with her (How do you explain the Koopalings!?) and raising an Army to take over the Kingdom. Sure he gets "defeated" all the time (whether it be falling in LAVA or falling into lava AND having his entire castle fall ontop of him), but atleast he's still alive to try again (and again, and again, and again....etc.)

The Tanks are cool and all, but they can be killed within 5 minutes by four guys armed with heavy weapons and molotov cocktails. Sure Bowser gets his arse handed to him by one fat Italian plumber but he's still alive and kicking after 25 years of it, and he'll try again until he wins (or atleast until the Green Mushroom farm is destroyed)

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Bowser

While people point out how mario can throw bowser around & it takes 4 heavily armed people to kill a tank. I feel like Bowser has the smarts to out think a tank and strengh wise would be equal. I bet Mario could easily throw around the tank as well.

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Ultraman950 said:
asinann said:
Bowser shoots flame and stomps on things.
The M1A1 Abrams is immune to any flame that isn't nuclear and is built so tough that a 20 story building can collapse on top of it without doing more than scratching the paint. It can fire 75mm depleted uranium anti-tank shells accurately from farther away than Bowser can see.

I'm going with the tank.
That's all very well and good. But we're talking about Tanks from the Left 4 Dead games. It's in the first post.

Were I talking about actual real-life tanks, I would specify. And agree with you. And then say that a well-placed round from a Barret .50 cal would put Bowser down.
I gave you the only tanks I have experience with since I can't stand first person shooters and had no idea that there was even a tank in whatever game you were talking about.

And here's a little something I learned in communications class a few years ago: if there is a miscommunication, it is because the person trying to say something was either unclear (which is how most of these go) or unable to communicate properly. If the person being spoken to is offended, in most cases it is not because that person is easily offended, but because the person talking has said something unclear and it was perceived as an intentional insult. Remember, it is not what you meant to say, but what the people on the other end think you say that you said.

But going with insulting people that didn't get the things you were unclear about shows that you just can't communicate properly.

Recron

Professional Procrastinator
Jun 10, 2010
sapphireofthesea said:
I say Bowser. The tank does do some real damage but remember, originally, the only thing that could beat Bowser was Lava. The best Mario could do was drop him in it.
Keep that in mind, you can kill the Tank with bullets, but you need Lava for Bowser. ^^
Thats not entirely true, in the first game(or at least the GB/C port of that game) you can beat him without resorting to lava if you have the fire flower, it takes about 15 or so hits if memory serves me.

OT: Bowser would win:
He can breath fire like a flame thrower and shoot fire balls, he can use his shell both offensively and defensively at the same time while still being mobile, to my knowledge his shell had never been so much as cracked let alone broken so I doubt a tank or its laser guided Homing concrete slabs could get through bowers shell and attacking bowser while in his shell would be a bad idea for the tank, cause, you know, spikes and all. The tank is very strong yes, heck I would say its a bit stronger than bowser is( excluding all the times bowser has become a Giant of course) but strength alone wont save it from fire and spikes. that and bowser is resilient as hell fallen in lava several times, he comes back Gets thrown into a black hole, tis but a flesh wound, ect ect, the point is bowser has taken anything a tank could dish out and then some in the past.

Off Topic: Happy New Year!

Recron

Professional Procrastinator
Jun 10, 2010
Abcxyq said:
The Tank. Even Mario can throw Bowser around.
True but its not the throwing that does him in, its the big spiky bomb he lands on