Poll: Brink or LA Noire?

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Really not interested in L.A Noire, Brink kind of has my interest but really not wanting a multiplayer FPS at the moment, no matter how unique. I think Portal and Skate 3 (which I just ordered) will keep me satisfied until at least DiRT 3 comes out at the end of the month.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Maybe it's just me, but the animations and general feel of the shooting looked really off in a couple videos of Brink. I'm waiting for a demo, but I'm not hopeful. Also, snipers were already going to be hard to use considering the point of the game is quick movement and agility, which means people will be hard to hit. On top of that, one of the devs (I can find a link if you want) said that they're going to make sniper rifles take two or three headshots at point blank range, for some fucking reason. So unless you're sniper Jesus, you ain't killing shit.

xRBEASTx said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Brink looked cool until I saw a video of it's horrendous gunplay mechanics, and read about the awful things they were doing to sniper rifles.
What horrendous gunplay do you speak of? And what are they doing to my precious sniper rifles?
ZeroMachine said:
Ironic Pirate said:
Brink looked cool until I saw a video of it's horrendous gunplay mechanics, and read about the awful things they were doing to sniper rifles.

LA Noire looked good until I heard about how the devs decided my sixty dollars wasn't good enough for the whole game, and it now requires two separate purchases to fully own. It will get neither from me.

So, Dead Island, then.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, what's this about L.A. Noire? Care to clarify?

EDIT: Also, provide a source. I haven't heard anything about this "two separate purchases" thing.
Nautical Honors Society said:
Ironic Pirate said:

LA Noire looked good until I heard about how the devs decided my sixty dollars wasn't good enough for the whole game, and it now requires two separate purchases to fully own. It will get neither from me.

So, Dead Island, then.
Wait LA Noire needs 2 separate purchases? Can I get a link please? That's wack, i was probably going to get both...
http://www.destructoid.com/l-a-noire-may-be-getting-exclusive-content-on-ps3-198738.phtml

http://www.destructoid.com/rockstar-offers-a-variety-of-l-a-noire-pre-order-bonuses-194990.phtml

Different retailers get different missions, with no word on whether they'll ever be accessible to regular paying consumers otherwise, last I heard at least.

DeadSpaced

Sep 14, 2010
I think LA Noire is more "bankable" to turn out to be a quality title. Brink strikes me more and more as an experimental jumble of ideas that may or may not congeal into something formidable.

Normally, I'd ask whether or not you prefer online play vs. offline...but considering that you're torn on the decision, it would appear you appreciate both anyway. If you're worried about getting the most mileage, you're going to have to weigh Noire's campaign against the quality of Brink's online community. While I get that Brink is certainly designed for multiplayer, far too many games these days have a "two months and done" online community.

So, yeah.

LA Noire, in my opinion.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
If a couple of your friends are going to get Brink with you, then get it. The game seems to rely heavily on teamwork, so having a team you trust will be beneficial. If you're the only one buying the game, I'd recommend getting LA Noire

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Both, having a birthday in May really helps with those difficult game decisions XD

Also having a new MP game will increase the lifespan of LA Noire, so win/win really

Captainguy42

Is trapped in a title factory.
May 20, 2009
Brink, I've been looking forward to it much longer than I've known about LA Noire. Though I probably won't buy it right off the bat, so LA Noire gets really good reviews I'll probably buy that instead and save Brink for another day.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
bob1052 said:
Ironic Pirate said:

So, Dead Island, then.
Wait LA Noire needs 2 separate purchases? Can I get a link please? That's wack, i was probably going to get both...
Different retailers have different preorder bonuses so unless you buy it twice you will miss out on a non-key, most definitely generic, quickly thrown together for use in a bonus deal, mission.
If you are stupid, yeah. Most people realize it will be sold as dlc later for less than 60 bucks. I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill here. I do find it funny though how you complain about the fact R* is doing it, then say that what they are handing out is garbage anyway. Like you are mad you can't have all the crappy things they are offering.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
I'm eying Brink more. Its nice to see a fresh take on a class based shooter. Only thing closer to that is Borderlands and that turned out great.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
Savagezion said:
bob1052 said:
Ironic Pirate said:

So, Dead Island, then.
Different retailers have different preorder bonuses so unless you buy it twice you will miss out on a non-key, most definitely generic, quickly thrown together for use in a bonus deal, mission.
If you are stupid, yeah. Most people realize it will be sold as dlc later for less than 60 bucks. I think people are making a mountain over a molehill here. I do find it funny though when how you complain about the fact R* is doing it, then say that what they are handing out is garbage anyway. Like you are mad you can't have all the crappy things they are offering.
Almost as if I was sarcastically mocking all the people complaining about it.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Completing cooperative objectives gives me wood (well not really). My main point is that I'm super excited for Brink.

Mace Tulio

Feb 5, 2011
I'm in the same boat as the OP. I chose Brink in the situation, though now wondering if I'll regret that decision.

Both games look quite good in my opinion, and I find it difficult to choose one over the other, I'm only buying Brink because I already have it on pre-order.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
bob1052 said:
Savagezion said:
bob1052 said:
Ironic Pirate said:

So, Dead Island, then.
If you are stupid, yeah. Most people realize it will be sold as dlc later for less than 60 bucks. I think people are making a mountain over a molehill here. I do find it funny though when how you complain about the fact R* is doing it, then say that what they are handing out is garbage anyway. Like you are mad you can't have all the crappy things they are offering.
Almost as if I was sarcastically mocking all the people complaining about it.
Oh, you sneaky bastard. You reflected it back and turned me into the jackass. Well played.

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
Brink: FPS=Repetitive and Rage
L.A. Noire=Other side of GTA

Well obviously the winner is Dragon Age 2...or Portal 2...apparently all the good sequels came out between March 8th and April 21st.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
While I'm not excited about either game, I would go with L.A. Noire because of what I've seen it seems to be the far more interesting game while Brink just looks like a very big multiplayer mode that will get abandoned a couple of months after release. And besides, you can get extremely polished multiplayer experiences for free [http://www.moddb.com/mods/goldeneye-source].

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Ironic Pirate said:
Awful as in you can't sit and camp somewhere and just pile on kills? How terrible! How dare they attempt to make people actually contribute to objective completion rather than play CoD deathmatch again!

I read what Splash Damage were doing with them, and it doesn't sound bad, probably just means that the good players will stand out. Doesn't mean you can't, just not everyone can do it.

OT: My choice, both games.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
xRBEASTx said:
Ironic Pirate said:
What horrendous gunplay do you speak of? And what are they doing to my precious sniper rifles?
From what I read, they just said they were going to make it difficult. My assumption is that they don't want sniper players to turn it into a camp kill fest deathmatch and focus on team support/objectives.