Poll: Can sonic ever make a comeback??

blackfrancis567

Oct 18, 2008
If they can make them as fun as the old ones then yes but I voted no because there have been no good Sonic games since Sonic and Knuckles in my opinion

cyrad

Dec 24, 2008
No. Sonic will never make a come back. Why? Because his creators quit Sonic Team.

Every talented individual responsible for Sonic's greatness no longer works for Sonic Team.
Sonic was originally conceived by three major individuals. All three of them and many more quit Sonic Team and now work for other developers, likely with much better wages and working conditions. Even the director/Hedgehog Engine creator for Sonic Unleash quit this year to work for Square Enix.

The fact is that since SEGA quit the console race, they've back-stabbed every individual that gave Sonic life. Evidence of this is how they recast all the characters and replaced them with horrible ones from the Sonic X anime without even giving the voice actors from Sonic Adventure series a chance to reprise their roles.

The only two possible ways Sonic can make a come-back is if all the original developers suddenly decide to quit their better paying jobs to work for Sonic Team again or if SEGA hands over development of all future Sonic games to another company.

MBurner 93

Mar 26, 2009
Here's my thoughts...
1.Change Eggman back to Robotnik and make him the fuggin villian.
2.Kill off his dip shit friends. We only need tails, and maybe Knuckles.
3.Go back to 2-D style platforming.
4.Now this is important. No more fucking gimicks! Just use his speed.

Jul 23, 2008
I don't think sonic needs a comeback. Like nintendo, his target audience has shifted in recent years. Sonic has a massive fanbase, they're just all 10. And idiots.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Can he? sure. Will he? Probably not.

Maybe if they replace everone at Sonic Team with people who know how to make good games.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Well if we were to assess the past attempts and the audience for 2d platforming, i'd say.

No, please god end it all now.

Ryan-Phoenixan

Nov 9, 2009
Sonic is dead in my book. The only games I really play anymore have been Sonic Rush on the DS. Every 3D game I've tried, even the ones most seem to tell me are "good" all have either bad control or make me motion sick because of the spastic camera.

The closest thing I've found to a 3D "Sonic like" game complete with the speed has been Mirror's Edge. Even then, they did throw in the gun play that slowed it down slightly, but overall, that's been the biggest burst of speed and puzzle jumping I've seen in a while.

Sonic, in the Genesis days, was not all-out left to right in all levels. It got challenging at times.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Sonic has the potential to be fun if they just abandon all the extra bullshit they've been trying to tie to the brand. They keep trying to tie him to some sort of epic storyline about saving the world or whatever, but it's all meaningless because the only thing people want from Sonic is levels of running very fast across a plane. Everything else just makes the games painful and unplayable.

I mean, I played Sonic Unleashed in an hour of desperation because there was literally nothing else to play, and about half of that play time was spent piloting Sonic between awful cutscenes, and the rest of it was me paralysed with horror as I tried to figure out what the hell was going on (although that could just be because I have no idea how to play a game on a Wii controller).

If they want Sonic to have a rebirth, they should basically just re-release the old 2D games with revamped levels and animation for online download on all the networks. That would sell like crazy.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I think it's dead. Unless they can figure out how to make a game that's as fun as Ratchet and Clank it's never coming back.