Poll: Can You Do That Thing Where You Raise One Eyebrow But Not The Other?

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Yes, and with my giant eyebrows it is incredibly noticeable, though I accomplish it more by lowering one eyebrow rather than raising the other.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
Yes. Very much yes. It is one of my favorite ways of creeping out my friends when coupled with my smile.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
',: )

I can do it slightly, but not to nearly the level of Stephen Colbert or the Rock.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Yup, I have a very expressive face (not that I actually express much emotion, but the option's always there). I can also wiggle my ears, scalp, and the tip of my nose, which is much more useful. You'd never have thunk it, but nose wiggling and puppy dog eyes are useful. You like like a rabbit.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Yes I can do it, but only with my right eyebrow, not my left. I can do it pretty well though, perfect control and can get it pretty high, though probably not higher than the Rock (probably because my eyebrows are normally showing disapproval).

dreadedcandiru99

Apr 13, 2009
Yep, with either eyebrow. I was basically weaned on original Star Trek episodes, and I learned by watching Spock do it. I was also able to do the Vulcan hand thing with either hand way before my sisters could.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I can raise my right eyebrow pretty well, but not so much with my left. The Rock still has me beat, I'm afraid.

Andrewtheeviscerator said:
You mean can I do the Johnny Bravo thing?

In which case yes, yes I can.
You just referenced the greatest television show of all time. For this, I love you.

Saladfork

Jul 3, 2011
I can indeed, but only with my right. My left can't move independently, despite my best efforts.

Some friends of mine have seen me do it and gotten frustrated that they couldn't. You're not the only one.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Nope. *sighs*

And I've tried. Hell, I was there during the Rock's reign in WWF now WWE.

Everybody knows about the "People's Eyebrow!" My brother is very good at it but I could never succeed.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Yes, but never intentionally.

game-lover said:
Nope. *sighs*

And I've tried. Hell, I was there during the Rock's reign in WWF now WWE.

Everybody knows about the "People's Eyebrow!" My brother is very good at it but I could never succeed.
The real question is, can you imitate the most ELECTRIFYING move in Sports Entertainment?

...By which I mean, the Worm.

Luftwaffles

Apr 24, 2010
Always thought it was related to which side you are dominant on.

I can raise my right, but not left and am righthanded. Those who can perform the wave are demons and need jesus.

Imean look at this

Specimen-X

Dec 7, 2011
I can! Right side only though and I'd say at least on par with Mr. Rock.

It's such an emotive action too. It can signify confusion, intrigue, total WTF moments, surprise, the list goes on!

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Yes I can. One thing I've been wanting to do for a while is to slightly shave my eyebrows in such a way so that it looks like I've got a constantly, slightly raised eyebrow.

Syndarr

Mar 28, 2008
I say The Rock is cheating because he's lowering one eyebrow while raising the other, thus causing the expression to appear more exaggerated. The real trick is, can you raise one eyebrow without even budging the other? I can, but only with my left eyebrow. Raising my right eyebrow causes the left one to quirk a little too. ;)

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Good God, man, how do you make it through the Escapist's forums without such an ability to express incredulity? ;)

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Yes, but only the left moves with any degree of freedom. When I try and raise the right exclusively I get a very slight difference indeed.