Poll: Can you touch your toes?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Not a chance, my legs are waaaay too tall, and my back isn't exactly top-of-the-bill either.

Ordinaryundone

Oct 23, 2010
Of course. It's not like it's hard, anyone with a half-decent back and an even remotely average physical build should be capable of this.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Yes. In fact, I can reach all the way down and lay my palms completely flat on the floor. Without my knees bent :3 I'm actually pretty overweight too...I have no idea why I am so flexible.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I tried but I can't without bending my knees slightly. Danm beer belly of my.

Powereaver

Apr 25, 2010
Sure no problems.. the upside of having a long torso and by comparison short legs... means i can touch the floor in front of me usually.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
No problem, i can put my head between my legs too if you need me to.

Hah! Finally stretching after every time i run/work out pays off.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
I can put my hands flat on the floor like a 15 year old girl.

Edit: Good god that sounded unintentionally rapey. I just meant I'm flexible

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Not a chance, my legs are waaaay too tall, and my back isn't exactly top-of-the-bill either.
This. My legs are long, and they're also awesome. I have lovely legs, including the knees. That part of the anatomy designed to bend.

If I needed to reach my toes, why WOULDN'T I bend my knees? That's just ridiculous.

ChaoticKraus said:
No problem, i can put my head between my legs too if you need me to.
Doitpow said:
I can put my hands flat on the floor like a 15 year old girl.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
No. Not due to any lack of fitness or anything, but because I can't stand with my knees unbent. I was in a chorus group in primary school that instructed us to *never* lock our knees. It was drilled into me so much that it is still my default habit. So nearly 20 years later, the idea of keeping my legs perfectly straight is about as foreign to me as attempting to write with my offhand would be. I did gymnastics and took ballet lessons, and still retain quite a bit of both. I'm certainly not out of shape in any way, and am well more flexible than most people I know. Just... not that. Drove my teachers absolutely crazy during that "presidential fitness" thing that they bugger on about during primary school, too. I just do not keep my legs straight.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Damn! I answered yes because I didn't read the post first, sorry.
Real answer is no though, I'm too tall and my arms are too short so it's kind of impossible not to mention I'm not too flexible.
So yeah, I can't.

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
Back after a number of months of absence and THIS is the first thread I choose to post in. How...fitting?

I can't. Not at all. I can barely get halfway down my ankles. God I'm out of shape.
Aris Khandr said:
No. Not due to any lack of fitness or anything, but because I can't stand with my knees unbent. I was in a chorus group in primary school that instructed us to *never* lock our knees. It was drilled into me so much that it is still my default habit. So nearly 20 years later, the idea of keeping my legs perfectly straight is about as foreign to me as attempting to write with my offhand would be. I did gymnastics and took ballet lessons, and still retain quite a bit of both. I'm certainly not out of shape in any way, and am well more flexible than most people I know. Just... not that. Drove my teachers absolutely crazy during that "presidential fitness" thing that they bugger on about during primary school, too. I just do not keep my legs straight.
Wouldn't that disastrously affect your posture? Not that I have good posture, but this just seems like it'd make you walk like a horse or something.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
For some reason, reading that made me feel all kinds of unpleasant.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Nope, I'm not flexible enough. Also I'm not in the best shape (not in bad shape, just not in really good shape enough) and since even before a workout I never really stretch or anything, my body just isn't used to trying to do that.

If I try, it feels like my leg muscles are being stretched up inside of me, I can only get so far.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well, haven´t tried doing that for a long time, so i just gave it a shot, and surprise, i can still do it. Yay, I´m quite glad, i could touch my toes with my palms, so all is well, i suppose.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
I used to but not anymore, no.

Though on that note, did you know it's actually bad for your back to try to touch your toes standing up? My old My Ju-Jitsu sensei told us about that yonks ago and that, ideally, you should do it while sitting down.

I still can't do it, mind you.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Ordinaryundone said:
Of course. It's not like it's hard, anyone with a half-decent back and an even remotely average physical build should be capable of this.
It's not just back or built, lack of flexibility can make it literally impossible for some people like myself to touch our toes. According to BMI I'm at the lower end of "healthy" weight yet I can't even get within 20cm of my toes, mainly because my legs are extremely inflexible.

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Why isn't there a "god no!" option.

Although i've never been able to, even when i weighed a hundred pounds at 6'0 feet tall

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
Yes, but I'm in a wheelchair so I get to cheat. Just like I cheat with parking spaces and "standing" in line.