Poll: Cats or Dogs

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Dogs fulfill the emotional needs of their owner much better than a cat.
Cats are glorified goldfish. You buy an animal in hopes it doesn't die. A cat generally does this better than a goldfish so you're probably taking a step back in terms of pet ownership.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Rastelin said:
Random Fella said:
Dogs, because cats are disgusting creatures to be frank
Hmm I have seen dogs roll them selves in animal excrement. My brothers dog to. Cat's never do that. Just a point.
'Cat's never do that.'
Yeah, because you'de know that for a fact, I've seen cats roll in worse
Also, the phrase 'disgusting creature' does not always refer to one's hygiene.
Cat's are evil, and if we don't work together to skin every last one, they will take advantage of the situation

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Rastelin said:
Random Fella said:
Cat's are evil, and if we don't work together to skin every last one, they will take advantage of the situation
I see. You are joking.
Am I joking? Am I really? Look at them, look at their faces, they're out to get us, you can help stop this, grab your neighbors cat, acquire it's pelt, this may both earn you money, and you are helping toward the salvation of humanity
Cats only deserve desecration

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
I personally prefer dogs, I would have to say that they (usually) care about their owners, mine knows when something is up and comes along to be petted with a look in his eye (usually with head tilted and ears pricked) which is not his usual 'fuss me' look. There is an intelegance there which is combined with the sort of companionship I have never seen in a cat.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Hi there new guy!

I can't choose between the two, I own 3 cats and 2 dogs, and they all come to greet me at the door when I come in, they all give me the same amount of cuddles and love, they are all equal when it comes to evil adorableness. It's too hard to choose! They all love eachother and give eachother cuddles, my rottweiler thinks the cats are her puppies and is often cleaning them and giving them hugs. So I get to watch adorableness from both cats and dogs. I can't pick!

Dec 14, 2009

Too many cat lovers in here.

Dogs aren't called man's best friend for nothing.

From an objective point of view, we've been domesticating dogs to be companions for thousands of years.

There's nothing that can compare to a good dog.

Dec 14, 2009
Rastelin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Dogs aren't called man's best friend for nothing.
You shouldn't pay homage to popular lip service and realize this is animals. Cozy stories are fine, but they are still animals http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States
You mean like us?

Because last time I checked, we were animals too.

I never said dogs were perfect, but as a companion, they've been tailored for the position for thousands of years.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
Backlashboy said:
Hi guys im new here :D so just a simple post too start off with do you prefer Cats or Dogs and why?
Depends on what you want to get from your pet but i'd say cats. Requires much less maintenance. They don't need to be walked outside or don't need you to give them attention all the time.

And who knows, if you treat your cat well he might pitch in a good word about you when cats take over the planet.

Dec 14, 2009
Rastelin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
You mean like us?

Because last time I checked, we were animals too.
We are not the same species. Don't pull that nonsense. An octopus is an animal. But we do not measure it's behavior along side us. Nor do we do it with a tiger or a ape.
That's because this is a dogs vs cats thread, not a tigers vs apes with a side of octopus thread :3

It's hardly nonsense.

JdaS

Oct 16, 2009
Used to be cats. Now I'm all about dogs. Even got me one of these:

Love that shirt. Fixing to get a Boston Terrier of my own soon.

Gonna name mine Dicky. Massive cookie for the reference.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Anyways, dog are way more awesome than cats because when was the last time a cat came and greeted you at the door?
Cat's do this all the time. You just have to get to know them.

Aris Khandr said:
Dogs are stupid, loud, and smelly.

Cats are smart, quiet, and can clean themselves.
Dogs are smarter than cats, loud and smelly.
Care are not as smart as dogs, quiet and can clean themselves.

I love them both. But as a dog person who later grew to love cats I can understand many of the misconceptions about both. Also, it's hard to generalize about dogs anyway, so many breeds have different traits. Some dogs are very quiet and clean. Others are stupid and noisy. But overall, dogs are smarter, but cats are, on average, cuter. The only problem with dogs it's that, like humans, they are very susceptible to way they are raised. So if they have a stupid owner or inattentive, you can expect a psychologically messed up dog. Cats pretty much turn out how they're going to turn out unless you go out of your way to mistreat them. They're far more independent, and can be good company. But a well looked after and loved dog (and I mean well looked after, not well trained), is better company than a cat could ever be. It's just cats are so easy to look after. Cats are like TV. It's always there, no hassle and good entertainment. Dogs are like a good friend. Hard work, but if you find the right one, infinitely more rewarding.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Anyways, dog are way more awesome than cats because when was the last time a cat came and greeted you at the door?
Cat's do this all the time. You just have to get to know them.

Aris Khandr said:
Dogs are stupid, loud, and smelly.

Cats are smart, quiet, and can clean themselves.
Dogs are smarter than cats, loud and smelly.
Care are not as smart as dogs, quiet and can clean themselves.

I love them both. But as a dog person who later grew to love cats I can understand many of the misconceptions about both. Also, it's hard to generalize about dogs anyway, so many breeds have different traits. Some dogs are very quiet and clean. Others are stupid and noisy. But overall, dogs are smarter, but cats are, on average, cuter. The only problem with dogs it's that, like humans, they are very susceptible to way they are raised. So if they have a stupid owner or inattentive, you can expect a psychologically messed up dog. Cats pretty much turn out how they're going to turn out unless you go out of your way to mistreat them. They're far more independent, and can be good company. But a well looked after and loved dog (and I mean well looked after, not well trained), is better company than a cat could ever be. It's just cats are so easy to look after. Cats are like TV. It's always there, no hassle and good entertainment. Dogs are like a good friend. Hard work, but if you find the right one, infinitely more rewarding.