Poll: Cats or Dogs

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I prefer cats, but dogs are strangely attracted to me.

Like the other day, waiting for the bus with roommates, someone passed with a dog. It took no notice of others, but turned to look at me when it got to me. I asked my roommates later and they did notice it.

Often when dogs first see me they run and jump at me, and settle their face in my crotch if I sit down.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Anyways, dog are way more awesome than cats because when was the last time a cat came and greeted you at the door?
Cat's do this all the time. You just have to get to know them.

Aris Khandr said:
Dogs are stupid, loud, and smelly.

Cats are smart, quiet, and can clean themselves.
Dogs are smarter than cats, loud and smelly.
Care are not as smart as dogs, quiet and can clean themselves.

I love them both. But as a dog person who later grew to love cats I can understand many of the misconceptions about both. Also, it's hard to generalize about dogs anyway, so many breeds have different traits. Some dogs are very quiet and clean. Others are stupid and noisy. But overall, dogs are smarter, but cats are, on average, cuter. The only problem with dogs it's that, like humans, they are very susceptible to way they are raised. So if they have a stupid owner or inattentive, you can expect a psychologically messed up dog. Cats pretty much turn out how they're going to turn out unless you go out of your way to mistreat them. They're far more independent, and can be good company. But a well looked after and loved dog (and I mean well looked after, not well trained), is better company than a cat could ever be. It's just cats are so easy to look after. Cats are like TV. It's always there, no hassle and good entertainment. Dogs are like a good friend. Hard work, but if you find the right one, infinitely more rewarding.

Cats are for people who want to love. Dogs are for people who want to be loved.

Dec 14, 2009
Rastelin said:
Daystar Clarion said:
That's because this is a dogs vs cats thread, not a tigers vs apes with a side of octopus thread :3

It's hardly nonsense.
For the love or reason! Dogs and cats do not perceive the world, it's issues and morality and struggles as we do. They are not us! Can you kill the children of a new mate to ensure only your genes are passed on? That is what male lions do when they take over a flock. Think about it.
Lions are part of flocks now?

I eagerly await the moment when our lion overlords fly overhead :3

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Cats or dogs?

I have pet cats and dogs. Sure they offer different kinds or companionship, but I wouldn't want to live with just one or the other.

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Able Seacat said:
Can't we all just get along
No!

Cat owners and dog owners must always be at each others throats, and anyone who straddles the fence and likes both is a filthy coward!

You're either with us or against us.

OT: Dogs, especially small ones, because they're low maintenance and you can keep them inside.

I just feel that dogs are more affectionate creatures than cats. They're always so happy to see you!

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Neither.

Birds are superior to both.

I particularly think Crows are awesome due to how intelligent they are.

Ekit

Oct 19, 2009
Welcome to the Escapist!

Enjoy your stay and stay out of the basement.

OT: Cats all the way. Dogs are scary.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Cats are so adorably self-centered. Few things are better than stroking a cat, knowing both you and the cat have different ideas about who's there at who's whim. It's like a compromise where both sides willingly give up something to the other, except oddly inverted.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Dogs I mean they don't just have the "Man's best friend" title for nothing. They earned that title. While the cats where too busy licking themselves and sleeping, the dogs where where right by our sides helping us hunt, herd things or help blind people cross the street. And what do these faithful creatures ask in return for their loyalty? Nothing more than a pat on the head, some table scraps and occasionally being allowed to sleep at the foot of the bed.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Cats. You can be casual with a cat, but with a dog you have to always be active when you're with it.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
I have the best of both worlds- a dog that's extremely cat-like in personality. Unless he wants attention or biscuits, he's content to spend the day snoozing as long as you let him outside every now and again. He's really quiet and almost never barks, and he doesn't shit inside the house and leave it for me to clear up or scratch the furniture to ribbons. The only downside is he sheds a lot, all the time.

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
Both.

Four years ago I would have said cats only. I preferred the idea of a quiet animal.

After my mom got a female dog (without me knowing, and whilst I was out of the country no-less), I was apprehensive but she quickly became a member of the family and I treat her as such. She's loud sometimes, but I love her all the same.

That said, I'm in Japan now and it is VERY hard for me to resist grabbing the stray cats and scratching their ears. Of course I tried it once and nearly got scratched, but I'll enjoy the practice.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Dogs all the way. I like actually doing stuff with my pets, and what can I do with a cat? Give it a toy for five minutes or pet it for 15 seconds before it gets sick of me. With my dogs, I can go for walks in the woods, wrestle around, go swimming, go kayaking, or just sit on the couch for a while. Plus a well trained dog is smarter than any cat.

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
There's no Poll:(.
WELCOME 2 DA ESKAPIZT THO<3 STAII OUT OV DA BASEMANT!

I prefer cats for sure. I used to be petrified of dogs when I was a kid...I've gotten over it now mind you...but still. Not a fan.
I friggin' love cats though man.