Poll: Choose your weapon!

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
Swords and shield combo is too hard to use, the easiest melee weapon would probably be the spear because its just stabby stabby so I would go with that :]

Pinkros

Mar 15, 2010
I'd go with a bow, since I have a somewhat clue about using them. And I do not have to be the cannonfodder that dies first.

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
Maibus said:
I've got it, sorcery. I'm a wizard. I can actually go around pointing at people making weird sounds, I say I'd get about 30 or 40 people before they lock me away.
Too bad sorcery isn't real, its only myths

But you could probably scare them away and make a distraction while shouting spells like this guy:

:p

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
A rapier,because it can be used to lunge at weak points in armor and be used to slice,although not as much as a more classic sword.

TheJakeChambers

Feb 19, 2010
Bow And Arrow

cross-bows are much, much slower than conventional bow and arrows, and that has been proven.

And for clad-in-armor enemies, use a different arrowhead.

Simples.

Freedomario

Jan 22, 2010
Assuming most of the competition will use melee, I would use a bow, I don't want to be near a big blade! D:

logiman

Aug 8, 2008
All i need it swine flu..kill them all and carry only 1 antidote vial.
Ask a king for their kingdom in order to save their life. ez

Cheesezorz

Jun 14, 2009
Dual two-handed battleaxes. And also a hypermuscular body. And also wearing bear fur as clothing.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
I would choose a nice medium range weapon like a halberd, I know how to fight with a pole so, not too different. Also, sword versus halberd is like epileptic duck versus genetically improved German shepherd.

No matter who you are, if you have the sword, you're gonna lose.

Edit:If your actually fighting an epileptic duck you may have a chance.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Longbow. I'll have one of the longest ranged and most lethal weapons available, and it will be one I happen to know how to use.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
I would add to my halberd a nice set of chain-mail because of all you sneaky people who feel the need to hide in the hills with long-bows.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Sword and sheild, though good luck getting your hands on one of those if your a conscript, only nobles were allowed to carry swords.
Realisticly it would be a polearm or long bow/crossbow.
Us english won battles with the odss massively agsint us thanks to the longbow, take that frenchies!

RelexCryo said:
Oh, and for the record, conscripts don't get armor. Rich, arrogant, bastard noblemen do. Only the rich get to run around in plate armor. There was no real "Honor" or "Nobility" in those fights. A bunch of invincable rich dudes carved up poor people who had no way of defending themsevles, until they got tired of carving them up and decided kill each other. It was ridiculously one-sided in favor of the rich. .
Usally yes, but remeber Agincourt? Massive horde of French nobles getting cut down my commoners.