Poll: COD: YAY OR NAY

snoopy7393

Mar 9, 2009
Do you enjoy playing COD?

If you awnsered; do the Escapist thing: share why.
(remember: everyone on the Escapist is entitled to their own opinion)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I love COD, despite all of its flaws that make me mad.

Why?

It's the feel of how it plays. The 60FPS, fluid controls just feel better to me than any other shooter and keep me coming back to it like an abusive ex I can't stop having amazing sex with.

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
CoD 1-2: Not bad
CoD 3: NAY!
CoD 4: YAY!
CoD WaW: YAY! (ish)
CoD MW2: NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
CoD Blops: meh

so overall....i pick...meh.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Their fun, but the series is starting to get real boring and samey to me, more so than Guitar Hero has. I think they just need a break from it for a year or refresh the gameplay somehow.

benderinTime

Dec 27, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:

Why?

It's the feel of how it plays. The 60FPS, fluid controls just feel better to me than any other shooter.
Agreed.
Call of Duty is a great FPS series, and with a few tweaks to each game, the series could be amazing.
Each game always seem to have a few flaws that frustrate the crap out of you, but overall, as a whole, the games are always a good multiplayer experience.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
CoD2: Yes. It was an amazing game at the time, and is still the only IW CoD I liked.
CoD3: It was okay. Not too special. It was fun for it's time. BiA did what it did much better.
I give W@W props because it's the last one where the name (Call of Duty) actually made sense.
MW1: Did not like. It was too scripted, and not nearly open enough.
MW2: Meh.
Haven't played Carl on Duty: Black Cops yet.

Dec 14, 2009
As much as I'm sure many people would disagree with me, it's the most fluid, fast paced, twitch based shooter on the market. The majority of the haters are just jumping on the 'it's cool to hate popular things' wagon.

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Meh. FPS is my favourite genre by far, but 'realistic' military shooters bore me. I'll take escapism (Wolfenstein) or serious realism (ARMA II) but life's too short to waste time in the middle of the road.

snoopy7393

Mar 9, 2009
Fenring said:
CoD2: Yes. It was an amazing game at the time, and is still the only IW CoD I liked.
CoD3: It was okay. Not too special. It was fun for it's time. BiA did what it did much better.
I give W@W props because it's the last one where the name (Call of Duty) actually made sense.
You mean "Call of Booty: Black Cocks?"

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Generally good fun, I don't buy every release but I have a couple around the place for when mates come over...

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Sure. I enjoy playing COD, it's just mindless (yet fun) shooting with the possibility of a brain hemorrhage.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
That's my favorite series that I have been consistently buying from the very beginning.

Therefore, the answer is a strong "yay".

Also,

MiracleOfSound said:

Why?

It's the feel of how it plays. The 60FPS, fluid controls just feel better to me than any other shooter and keep me coming back to it like an abusive ex I can't stop having amazing sex with.
this man's comparison has just affected my enjoyment of CoD forever.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
snoopy7393 said:
Fenring said:
NAH MAN. I mean the BLOPS. Stop BLOPS'ing on this BLOP'ing thread yo. BLOPS.

BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS BLOPS

Gizmo007666

Nov 12, 2009
It's a great series but seems to be losing its appeal through an arguable decline in quality and repetitiveness.

Plus I don't see how they can continue effectively since no doubt Activision are going to push for a release in 2011 which is either going to be from the skeleton crew at IW or the "new comers" to the franchise Sledgehammer. As the past 2 cod's have been littered with bugs on release I can't really see this next installment being any different.

Kabutos

Oct 21, 2008
The Black Ops campaign is alright, but it's much too short.

Multiplayer is boring by yourself, but it's okay when playing with friends.

Overall: A resounding 'meh'.

EDIT: 'meh' for consoles at least. PC version gets a nay due to it being completely broken.

Kud

I'm stuck because demonic spider
Sep 29, 2009
snoopy7393 said:
Fenring said:
No, he did not mean that.

OT: I enjoy playing COD because I just love shooters and I have played way too much Halo in my day so playing Call Of Duty always feels nice and fresh when I play it.

I prefer AC Brotherhood and Red Dead Redemption more than both of them though.

May 5, 2010
COD2: Yay
COD3: Meeeeeeeh
COD4: FUCK YES
COD5: slightly less meeeeeeeeeh
MW2: Single player: FUCK YEAH Spec Ops: FUCK YEAH Multiplayer.....
[HEADING=1]DUAL WIELDING SHOTGUNS???!!!! WHAT THE SHITTING FUCK IS THIS???!!! WHO THE FUCK CAME UP WITH THIS FUCKING SHIT???!!![/HEADING] Ok, I'm done.
Black Ops: Yaaaaaaay........I...guess...