Poll: COD: YAY OR NAY

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
henritje said:
the singleplayer is fun but WAY to short
PS and fuck the multiplayer EVERYBOD has the BFG9000 while I,m still stuck with a NERF gun
It doesn't take long to unlock the FAMAS. You'll be fine once you do.
In fact, both Enfield and M4 are at least competitive. You'll be fine from the very beginning/

Still, this is a very apparent flaw of the new Call Of Duty - they've included the great idea of CoD points that makes sure you can get the weapon you want as soon as you earn enough... and then still make you unlock it.

Ridiculous.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
In fact, both Enfield and M4 are at least competitive. You'll be fine from the very beginning/

Still, this is a very apparent flaw of the new Call Of Duty - they've included the great idea of CoD points that makes sure you can get the weapon you want as soon as you earn enough... and then still make you unlock it.

Ridiculous.
It is silly isn't it?

I'm currently sitting on 1st Prestige Level 50 (where I plan to remain... fuck prestiging, it's a miserable experience and I'm not doing it again) and I have about 150,000 COD points and nothing I want to spend them on as once I got my AK47 and the Perks I wanted, there's no reason to unlock a bunch of shit I'll never use.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
JourneyThroughHell said:

Ridiculous.
It is silly isn't it?

I'm currently sitting on 1st Prestige Level 50 (where I plan to remain... fuck prestiging, it's a miserable experience and I'm not doing it again) and I have about 150,000 COD points and nothing I want to spend them on as once I got my AK47 and the Perks I wanted, there's no reason to unlock a bunch of shit I'll never use.
Well, you can waste them all on Wager Matches.

Yeah, it is silly, I admit. I haven't even unlocked the AK47 yet (slow player, I know), but I already have everything I want and more than enough money to buy anything else.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
[

Yeah, it is silly, I admit. I haven't even unlocked the AK47 yet (slow player, I know), but I already have everything I want and more than enough money to buy anything else.
Oooh you're in for a treat... the Ak47 is my favorite gun in the game. Though recently I've been finding the AUG rather beastly... once you get the hang of the odd recoil on it.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
[

Oooh you're in for a treat... the Ak47 is my favorite gun in the game. Though recently I've been finding the AUG rather beastly... once you get the hang of the odd recoil on it.
AUG's awesome, too. Really, all of them are exceptional guns. With that said, I see no reason to abandon the FAMAS yet - I'm too used to playing silenced now.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
AUG's awesome, too. Really, all of them are exceptional guns. With that said, I see no reason to abandon the FAMAS yet - I'm too used to playing silenced now.
All the ARs are good but the SMGs are really underpowered. The only ones that are good are the 74u, MP5 and Spectre. The others all put you at a huge disadvantage.

Jelly ^.^

Mar 11, 2010
COD 1 and 2 were alright, 3 was lacklustre, 4 had a few interesting set-pieces, and then it died.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
I love COD, despite all of its flaws that make me mad.

Why?

It's the feel of how it plays. The 60FPS, fluid controls just feel better to me than any other shooter and keep me coming back to it like an abusive ex I can't stop having amazing sex with.
My thoughts entirely. The controls feel smooth and the graphics are good, it's why I prefer it to other shooters.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
JourneyThroughHell said:
All the ARs are good but the SMGs are really underpowered. The only ones that are good are the 74u, MP5 and Spectre. The others all put you at a huge disadvantage.
It's okay. Really, I'm doing fairly well at the game as I am, I can afford to do poorly at some matches.

I still won't be trying the sniper rifles. I love sniping, but since CoD 4, there was no reason for me to ever use the rifle since I don't quickscope.

Guess it's the Battlefield series for me in that regard.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
C95J said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, I've played all of 'em since 2.

I enjoy them. Get my yearly fix of pain and anger with my yearly Veteran attempt.

Only succeed in both Modern Warfare games, though.

Treyarch CoDs are EVIL on Veteran.
I have yet to play Black Ops on veteran is it as bad as WaW?
Not even remotely, but after the CAKEWALK that was Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran, Black Ops is about on par with CoD 4.

Seriously, I forgot how much of a dick move infinite enemy spawns could be. FUCK YOU, VIETNAM MISSION!

Tib088

Nov 28, 2009
It's odd. I don't like the CoD games but I always enjoy playing them. The main reason isn't that the games are bad, I find them to be well crafted shooters, it's that the community around it dosn't seem to be interested in much more than CoD. As a result I can't bring myself to play the game past the single player without another person to play the multiplayer or the zombies with. So I enjoy playing them just as long as I've got a freind to play the game with, same with Halo and other popular multiplayer shooters.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
I find this thread very difficult to answer in a one word poll.... a couple of the games are alright, black ops is just MW2 with a shit singleplayer and some ridiculous gadgets. Overall multiplayer is fun. I got addicted to MW2 even though sometimes it made me want to tear my eyeballs out. The one thing I hate most about COD is the horrible fanboyism surrounding it.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
C95J said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, I've played all of 'em since 2.

I enjoy them. Get my yearly fix of pain and anger with my yearly Veteran attempt.

Only succeed in both Modern Warfare games, though.

Treyarch CoDs are EVIL on Veteran.
I have yet to play Black Ops on veteran is it as bad as WaW?
Not even remotely, but after the CAKEWALK that was Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran, Black Ops is about on par with CoD 4.

Seriously, I forgot how much of a dick move infinite enemy spawns could be. FUCK YOU, VIETNAM MISSION!
hmmm strange, I got one reply saying it was much worse, and another (yours) saying it is easier...

Looks like I am just gonna have to play it myself to find out.
If you are right then it will be a piece of cake because every other CoD besides WaW was so easy to complete.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
henritje said:
PS and fuck the multiplayer EVERYBOD has the BFG9000 while I,m still stuck with a NERF gun
that would give me slightly better NERF gun still it wouldnt help much

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Meh.
It is a good solid game series but they feel like every other military shooter for the most part. Blops had those extra modes which are pretty cool. The earlier games didn't impress me much though.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
henritje said:
MiracleOfSound said:
henritje said:
that would give me slightly better NERF gun still it wouldnt help much
The FAMAS is considered by many to be the best gun in the game.

I can't think of any other gun that is as effective as the FAMAS over mid to long range.