Poll: COD: YAY OR NAY

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Well, ever since they made an effort to move the series away from the abused corpse that is the WW2 setting I could at least occasionally be bothered to give it a chance, but ultimately I'm not convinced. Don't get me wrong, the overall presentation is tremendous with its insane level of polish, but in the end a decently-sized SP campaign with a gripping, well-written story is the lynchpin of a good game for me, and CoD - which lacks exactly that - (like so many other franchises in the same genre) is ultimately about the MP experience, which I can't be arsed with in about 98% of all cases.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
CoD 2 was aaaaaaawesome
Since then they've had decent multiplayer and decent campaign
I thought the Black Ops campaign was really really good, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
benderinTime said:
MiracleOfSound said:
I love COD, despite all of its flaws that make me mad.

Why?

It's the feel of how it plays. The 60FPS, fluid controls just feel better to me than any other shooter.
Agreed.
Call of Duty is a great FPS series, and with a few tweaks to each game, the series could be amazing.
Each game always seem to have a few flaws that frustrate the crap out of you, but overall, as a whole, the games are always a good multiplayer experience.
COD4 minus Martyrdom, 3 Frag, Stopping Power and Jugg

+

MW2's hit detection and servers

+

Black Ops's Explosives radius

=

Best online shooter ever :)

Mortier

Jul 19, 2009
Meh, don't like shooters really, but enjoy them with a friend/some friends, if possible.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
They're entertaining and on the whole are far better than some of the games I've bought. It's not my favourite game series though, definitely in the Top 10, possibly 5.

So in conclusion.... [HEADING=3]meh.[/HEADING]

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
I hate CoD but it's still the best of all modern games if you look for MP but it's not much better than the rest of the crap...

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, I've played all of 'em since 2.

I enjoy them. Get my yearly fix of pain and anger with my yearly Veteran attempt.

Only succeed in both Modern Warfare games, though.

Treyarch CoDs are EVIL on Veteran.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
blacks ops and modern warfare 1

modern warfare 2 is by my standards the worst online shooter in history (or at least one that had a large fanbase)

Hosker

Aug 13, 2010
The only single player campaigns I liked were 2 and 7. But I have always liked the multiplyer.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
I love COD, despite all of its flaws that make me mad.

Why?

It's the feel of how it plays. The 60FPS, fluid controls just feel better to me than any other shooter and keep me coming back to it like an abusive ex I can't stop having amazing sex with.
Pretty much summed up my thoughts entirely.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Good god no. The last good CoD multiplayer was CoD2, the last good campaign was CoD4.

suicide samurai

Jul 17, 2009
Aside from demos, I never played 1-4, nor have I played World at war.

Modern warfare 1&2 were pretty alright.

Lovign Black ops, and my girl-friend has actually gotten into it, prefering it to the Halo series.