Poll: Condiments

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I don't use condiments at all, I am not particularly averse to them, it just doesn't strike me to use them. Apparently that makes me slightly strange.

Alcom1

Jun 19, 2013
Horseradish. I'm not happy with my food unless it carpet bombs my nasal cavity.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Hot sauce.
I'm not going to be specific.
Just, hot sauces in general tends to be better than all the options listed.

kissthebottle

Apr 5, 2015
This is too hard. I don't like it. I like different condiments for different things. I don't really have an ultimate "go-to".

Though sriracha or whatever bodega/Mexi-mart random chipotle sauce I have in the fridge. Also this:

Pic because it's not really a common thing. I'm vegetarian, and this stuff is my secret weapon and makes anything and everything I cook taste amazing. It really is magic (and you don't even need to be vegetarian to like it...it just isn't made with fish which is found in most Worcestershire sauces). Also there is a wizard on the bottle.

bauke67

Apr 8, 2011
Depends what exactly it's supposed to go on. Are we talking eggs? Ketchup, possibly some curry. Most kinds of meat? Mayonnaise. Mayonnaise for most things actually, but I can forgive foreigners for disliking it, since in my experience some countries just have terrible mayonnaise.

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
Honey mustard.
Also BBQ sauce and ketchup.
Oh! And soy sauce. Can't have enough of it.

Twintix

Jun 28, 2014
kissthebottle said:
Aaaaw, I glanced at it first and thought it was a bottle of Wow-Wow Sauce and I got really excited and about to ask you where you could buy that.

Then I looked at it again and got disappointed.

(I do like Worcestershire sauce, though...)

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Eh... Very much depends on context.

On chips (or fries. Well, kind of inbetween), I sometimes have mayo and peanut sauce, but only really in the netherlands, where that's common. (And Dutch Mayo seems slightly different to the varieties you get elsewhere)

Chicken goes with sweet and sour sauce.

Tomato ketchup goes with lots and lots of things.

Mustard... Depends on what you're eating. Also, depending on what it is, you use different kinds of mustards, since there are so many, from extremely strong things like English mustard, to some really mild french ones...

Other assorted sauces too...
Really very much depends on what I'm eating though.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
I have never put anything on that list but mustard on a sandwich or sandwich like meal
I do not even use butter anymore
What i do like to use in stead of mustard is; Honey, Boston cucumber mix or vampire chutney

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
If I had to pick one, Sriracha.

I typically mix things together for different meals. For mac and cheese I add mayo, sriracha, minced garlic, and green onion.

For hot dogs I use sriracha and sauerkraut. Sometimes cranberry mustard and feta.

For pita I use hummus, sriracha, tzatziki, feta, balela, tilapia, and basil balsamic vinaigrette.

Pizza gets sriracha.

Spaghetti gets tobasco and feta.

Meatloaf gets hummus and sriracha with dried mint and oregano, or bleu cheese. I like to put different stuff on leftovers.

Buffalo wings get sriracha and bleu cheese with green onion.

Ham gets labne and dried mint.

Fries get a sauce I make consisting of mayo, sriracha, minced garlic, and sweet mesquite seasoning.

duwenbasden

King of the Celery people
Jan 18, 2012
This poll has a severe lack of a bacon option. AFAWK bacon goes on everything.

Abbyka

Apr 9, 2015
Mayo is superior. Though if you asked me while I was pregnant with my first I smothered EVERYTHING in ketchup. And with my third pregnancy I put mustard on everything, including pizza. But mayo has been a must no matter what.