Poll: Could the Zerg/Borg/Tyranids/Reapers/Whatever take Fallout Earth?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Oddly enough, I was just Googling earlier today to see people's thoughts on Zerg vs. Tyranids. Incidentally the overwhelming response is tyranids.

You can actually mod Fallout 3 to wear Ultramarine armour, and a decent bunch of Ultramarines can take out a tyranid fleet, but since you're just in the armour and not one of Guilliman's chosen basasses, I'm not sure it counts.

Tahaneira

Social Justice Rogue
Feb 1, 2011
Pretty much all of them would, yes.

See, all of those are extraplanetary threats, designed for taking out entire galaxies. They may be stopped or slowed in the stories, but only with massive joint-system and/or joint-species combat forces. A severely depopulated world inhabited by creatures who only know how to fight off members of their own kind and are incapable of spaceflight wouldn't drive them off. They'd put up a fight, they'd make their enemy pay for them, or at least play hide-and-seek for a while, but they'd still fall in fairly short order.

boag

Sep 13, 2010
where is the option, "fallout earth is fucked even if an army of midgets shows up"?

unless of course they have PC character around when the invasion happens, cause PC characters are fucking broken OP mary sues. ;)

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Fat_Hippo said:
Fallout Earth would get its ass kicked by ANY of the mentioned races. Really, the only ones who could muster any significant defense would be the Brotherhood of Steel, thanks to their equipment. But their numbers are insignificant, so no, we'd be screwed.
this, the Fall out world is BARELY equipped to handle its own problems, aliens? the fighting wouldn't even last a week

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
What about the Flood from Halo? Sure, they're not the most powerful parasitic race around but they're still pretty tenacious. I mean, the only way to kill them is starvation, and that Gravemind fellow is a pretty menacing being.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Tyranids. They have conquered galaxies and stripped them clean. Fallout earth would be a sunday afternoon to them.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Buretsu said:
Fat_Hippo said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Fat_Hippo said:
Fallout Earth would get its ass kicked by ANY of the mentioned races. Really, the only ones who could muster any significant defense would be the Brotherhood of Steel, thanks to their equipment. But their numbers are insignificant, so no, we'd be screwed.
Against a Borg, how would Brotherhood weaponry function? I know that phasers operate on emitter frequencies that the Borg adapt to, but would they be able to react to direct energy or particle beam weapons? Plasma based weapons with the meltdown perk could potentially stave off ground invasions, before the Borg consider it easier to beam everyone aboard for assimilation.
Even if they could adapt to their energy weapons, the Brotherhood would still have gattling guns and rocket launchers. I don't see the Borg adapting to that.
Except I wouldn't imagine Borg deflector shields having any sort of a challenge deflecting small and, relatively speaking, slow projectiles such as bullets and rockets.
Hmm, I'm no expert on the Borg. Is every one of them equipped with a deflector shield, or are you talking about their ships? Because I realize there is no way in hell the BoS is taking on a Cube, I meant more of a straight fight. What about a power fist, would that be enough to turn some assimilated brains into mush?

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
The scattered and poorly-equipped factions of the Falloutverse would have no chance against any one of those, especially the Reapers. Sovereign alone (who apparently was a fairly weak Reaper) could do it.

Sure, they might put up a valiant fight in places, but let's face it: they're in no position to repel space invaders. Strongholds could simply be blasted from orbit with impunity, and in a ground war the humans have next to no effective defense. The borg may have the most difficult time in a ground war, but they don't really need to fight a ground war anyway.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
distortedreality said:
Chairman Miaow said:
millions of carnifex/deathclaw crossbreeds
I just shat myself.

I fucking HATE deathclaws.

captcha - oh, lord.
Reaper Deathclaws and Reaper Cazadors....

OT: As mentioned above...Any of those species/races attacked, and Fallout Earth would be dead...more dead then it is. :p

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
The Zerg? Infest and overwhelm. They win. The Borg? They'd hit the BoS first,assimilate them,and move on to conquer the rest of the wastes. The Nids...? Yeah,NOTHING can stop that horde of alien locusts. And the Reapers...Indoctrinate prominent figures,make husks out of the deadliest creatures in the wastes (Deathclaws,Cazadores,Super Mutants of all varieties,just to name a few),and reduce Earth to nothingness.

Yeah,the Fallout Verse isn't ready to handle an alien invasion.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Considering Wasterlanders have a hard time with a Deathclaws or two, I can't imagine them repelling thousands of hive tyrants, and millions of gaunts.

As for the zergs, same deal. There are just too many of them.

Deathclaw reapers? LOL, take same normal Deathclaw argument, multiply by holy fuck and you understand with Wastelanders can't win.

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
is there anything on the planet that would interest Tyranids?
the biomass probably isnt worth the bother

and the remaining humans dont look like ideal borg specimens either

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Eh? ALL of the races could take Fallout-world, because the Fallout-earth isn't organized, prepared or have enough of a technological advantage.

Freechoice

Dec 6, 2010
This poll is FUCKING AWESOME.

Why aren't there more like this?

evilneko said:
Sure, they might put up a valiant fight in places, but let's face it: they're in no position to repel space invaders.
Mothership Zeta. They invaded the Lone Wanderer's privacy.