Poll: Could the Zerg/Borg/Tyranids/Reapers/Whatever take Fallout Earth?

evilneko

Fall in line!
Jun 16, 2011
KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
My premise is that, for whatever reason, the creatures are in it for the long-haul, so they're going to hit Fallout no matter what, using the strategy we've come to know that they use.

And, it might be a hypothetical non-serious question, but I don't think people are giving the state of affairs in Fallout enough credit. These things routinely smash standing armies that fight them head on, but have been defeated/repelled by inferior foes due to the tactics common in Fallout.

But, hey, it is just an opinion poll, I'm not trying to ruffle feathers.
Which, if any, of these do you think would actually lose?

The Reapers, well hell, they won even in their own 'verse. Zerg would eventually win by sheer weight of numbers, the humans would be reduced to fighting them with melee weapons in short order. Had the Borg not captured Captain Picard, they would have assimilated Earth in "The Best of Both Worlds."

The only question is how long would Falloutverse humanity last against any of them. Even if they could hold their own in a ground war, they wouldn't be able to do so for long and the enemy could just say "fuck it" and nuke 'em from orbit.

If we assume however there's some limitation on the enemy--say, single Borg cube crash landed, Sovereign crashed and for some reason couldn't reach escape velocity again, then it gets a little more interesting. I still think the world would fall, but it'd take even longer.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
I don't know the lore of the others, but I think should Tyranids end up on Earth you might as well count that as a loss.

Aug 17, 2009
evilneko said:
My premise is that, for whatever reason, the creatures are in it for the long-haul, so they're going to hit Fallout no matter what, using the strategy we've come to know that they use.

And, it might be a hypothetical non-serious question, but I don't think people are giving the state of affairs in Fallout enough credit. These things routinely smash standing armies that fight them head on, but have been defeated/repelled by inferior foes due to the tactics common in Fallout.

Which, if any, of these do you think would actually lose?

The Reapers, well hell, they won even in their own 'verse. Zerg would eventually win by sheer weight of numbers, the humans would be reduced to fighting them with melee weapons in short order. Had the Borg not captured Captain Picard, they would have assimilated Earth in "The Best of Both Worlds."

The only question is how long would Falloutverse humanity last against any of them. Even if they could hold their own in a ground war, they wouldn't be able to do so for long and the enemy could just say "fuck it" and nuke 'em from orbit.

If we assume however there's some limitation on the enemy--say, single Borg cube crash landed, Sovereign crashed and for some reason couldn't reach escape velocity again, then it gets a little more interesting. I still think the world would fall, but it'd take even longer.

Personally, I don't really think Fallout would beat anybody, but I felt that the guys in the universe weren't getting enough credit. The Zerg particularly I think would have a hard time, but the guys from Fallout are also well-equipped to deal with about half of the Reapers' game plan (the ground invasion and cosmic horrors wouldn't really change much, and there isn't much in the way of major population centers or powerful leaders to manipulate the population with.

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
Fat_Hippo said:
Hmm, I'm no expert on the Borg. Is every one of them equipped with a deflector shield, or are you talking about their ships? Because I realize there is no way in hell the BoS is taking on a Cube, I meant more of a straight fight. What about a power fist, would that be enough to turn some assimilated brains into mush?
Yes: every single Borg has a personal adaptive force field, and they share immunity. You can kill two or three Borg with a particular energy weapon, but your shots will just disperse against the rest. Altering the frequency can give you a few more shots.

Actually, Picard did manage to kill several Borg using a tommy gun. Melee combat is also effective, but risky: the Borg can inject you with assimilation nanites at close range.

The Wasteland is still screwed, though. Even if everyone bunkers down in a Vault, the Borg are known to scoop up entire colonies, leaving only huge craters.

As others have said, the people of Fallout are simply not numerous or organized enough to handle that kind of invasion, even if they could get enough decent pre-war tech to mount an effective resistance. I can also see why they'd bother to invade: the Wasteland has some very interesting mutations that the Zerg and Tyranids might like to incorporate, and I'm sure the Borg would think of a use for GECKs (at least the energy-based transforming kind.)

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008

No feathers ruffled my good sir. All in good fun.

However, I do need to point out the vast difference in scale between the Fallout world and the various other factions that Apocalypse'd Earth is being pitted against. The Fallout universe is comprised of at most a few hundred thousand individuals, most of which tend to ignore or even hate each other and as such would find it hard to work together even under the most dire of circumstances. The Zerg/Borg/Tyranids/Reapers however are enemies that galaxy-spanning super-organizations with massive amounts of resources and manpower have a lot of trouble dealing with.

Your scenario would best comparable to a T-Rex trying to take on an Imperator Titan. No matter what strengths they have, there's simply no feasible way the denizens of Fallout would be able to keep up with the sheer amount of mass and firepower their enemies possess.

Edible Avatar

Oct 26, 2011
Fallout earth would win. EVERY TIME.

Why you ask?

The combined alien forces never took into account earth's secret weapon...

Step aside Liberty prime, Grandma Palmer wants to tustle!!!

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
The Combine would still take the planet. Primarily for the remaining resources. Abundant water, usable atmosphere, rich mineral deposits, what salvageable technology may remain, etc.

The Zerg wouldn't care as their primary focus is assimilating other life into their fold. With sparse flora and fauna, there's not much point.

The Borg might care, if only to search for any technology that would prove useful. Otherwise, no interest.

The Tyranids wouldn't have much trouble, but I think we have a Zerg issue here. Not much reason to conquer a "Fallout Earth".

Reapers? Don't really care but for the sake of discussion...they'd come down to rewrite every ending in history. Thus destroying humanity through illogical, idiotic, nonsensical plot writing.

The Tiidan? Well, seeing as they're goal is to forcibly exile a species; casting them into a permanent technological dark-age; then mission accomplished. No effort needed.

The Empire would probably evaluate the potential to repopulate the planet. If it's not viable, then they'd probably either ignore it or use it as target practice for the Death Star.

Aug 17, 2009
nikki191 said:
the fallout world is about to face an unstoppable tide of creatures anyway.. the tunnelers from lonesome road.. something that can swarm and rip death claws to shreds is something that's going to leave the world lifeless
That's actually a very good point, and one I'd take into consideration when looking at the Zerg or Tyranids. Borg & Reapers not so much, though.

WittyUsername816

Feb 7, 2012
artanis_neravar said:
There isn't an infinite amount of Husks, there are only however many husks that the reapers can create using the life available at the time. You also forgot about House's army, those robots would be able to put up a good fight against the Zerg or the Borg. In fact if I remember right the Borg don't have any real weapons except their ability to assimilate, and their adapting energy shields and those won't do anything against House's army. Supermutants will be able to help hold off the larger Zerg along with Deathclaws and some of the other large creatures. Those crazy baddies from Dead Money might be able to put up a resistance as well.
Also let's not forget that the Brotherhood, the Enclave, and the Outcasts would all probably pull together in the event of a full scale invasion. In addition to this I imagine that there are some Enclave/BoS equivalents in other countries, China, Russia, etc. that survived the Great War.