Poll: Dark, milk or white?

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I'm not a huge chocolate eater, I have had a bar of chocolate in my fridge since last year. But when I do have chocolate I prefer really strong dark chocolate, the stuff that is 70 or 80% cocoa, its just so rich and moreish.

shootthebandit said:
Dark chocolate with chilli is the best thing ever. If you havent tried it then buy some (most supermarkets stock it) it will blow your mind
Also try the dark chocolate with sea salt, the natural sweetness with the saltiness is awesome.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
I prefer milk chocolate by miles. Even though dark chocolate is supposed to be healthier.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
I'm happy with any chocolate as long as it is reasonably good quality. If given the choice of any I'd probably go for white chocolate given that I see milk and dark chocolate around far more often.

Scarim Coral said:
*snip* ...I find milk and white chocolate all too common... *snip*
That's odd, I rarely find any predominantly white chocolate based things around. Cadbury's Dream [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_%28chocolate%29] is the only all white bar I can think of, and I haven't seen that being sold anywhere for years. Dark chocolate I find relatively easy to come by however, there are plenty of dark chocolate bars around and other products like dark chocolate coated biscuits seem far more common than any potential white chocolate equivalents.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
I like dark chocolate because it is slightly bitter, like me.

But seriously, it's a tie between dark and white, milk chocolate is OK but not my favourite.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Milk chocolate all the way, I don't even eat the other two.

Milk chocolate hob nobs are also my favourite.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
NeutralDrow said:
but without the actual cacao?
I imagine Cacao as being some kind of bird/cow Pokemon for some reason. That'd be pretty funny actually, a black and white bird with udders.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Usually milk chocolate, but I get my hankerings for white chocolate. Dark is just too bitter for me.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
White is my favorite(I know it's not real chocolate!). The darker it gets the more I'll dislike it.
Best chocolate I've ever had was some milk chocolate I got in Austria as a kid though. Wish I remembered the brand.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I love white chocolate. Say what you want, it's still made from part of cocoa beans, even if it is the vegetable fat. That's still chocolate to me.

However, I usually eat whatever chocolate is presented to me. I like milk. I like dark. However given the choice, I'd probably go with white chocolate.

EDIT: Unless it's the white chocolate that companies make by replacing the actual cocoa butter with other garbage. That's arguably not chocolate.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
Milk then White then Dark.

Milk is the good old standby that almost always is good. White chocolate is really good to me, and Dark is just not quite as good for me. Too bitter to be a treat, though dark chocolate ice cream is really good though.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Dark chocolate, both for Hobnobs and for the foody things in life that have the unmitigated gall not to be Hobnobs.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Milk chocolate and white chocolate are things I eat in big bites. There's a bunch of it and it goes quickly! But dark chocolate...Mm, that's something you take your time with, to enjoy.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
Which ever has the taste of coffee.

But generally I am not that picky, so I go with what is available. That said, I rarely buy chocolate myself (probably because of terrible self-control once I get my hands on some) but I won't say no to an offer.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
White chocolate, I'm also part of the bizarre species that aren't much fans of "real" chocolate.

Spiridion

Oct 17, 2011
Dark chocolate, definitely. Milk chocolate tends to be too sweet for me, I prefer the richness (and bitterness, if it's awesome and is mostly cacao) of dark. Although for some reason M&M's are an exception, I like them even if they're milk chocolate. White chocolate is obviously my least favorite.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Milk chocolate for sure, with white close behind. I like the taste of white chocolate, I find it refreshing. However, milk chocolate, when made competently, is just such a good taste man.

Dark chocolate can fuck off to the lowest level of hell. Gah, that shit is just far too rich. Makes me feel sick.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
I prefer milk chocolate with 33-50% cocoa. Any less, it tastes sort of bland and boring and any more, it starts to get a bit too bitter.

bullet_sandw1ch

Jun 3, 2011
Victim of Progress said:
I absolutely love milk chocolate. Can't stand dark chocolate, though. It tastes too bitter. White chocolate is alright, especially if mixed with milk chocolate!
there are dark chocolates as mild as 70% cocoa. are you sure you havnt tried a 90% dark chocolate? I love dark chocolate but even that stuff is a little strong for me.

OT: Dark Chocolate. for me, milk is too sweet and white is basically plastic. i do recommend 75%-80% dark chocolate with raspberry yogurt (or your yogurt of preference). break it up and put it in the yogurt. Simply fantastic stuff. The bitterness contrasts with the creamy, fruity yogurt perfectly.

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
Don't like the taste of dark chocolate, taste harsh.
Milk chocolate thickens my saliva so I have to go to the bathroom to spit out the thick brownish saliva that has built up.

White chocolate is perfect.