Poll: Dating inside or outside your Ethnicity/Race?

RamirezDoEverything

Jan 31, 2010
I don't attract many women, so when one finally comes along and shows interest in me, I don't discriminate.

Is she friendly? Yes.
Is she somewhat intelligent? Yes.
Is she a slob? No.
Is she a reasonable person? Yes.

We've got a date.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Personally don't care lot but given the choices I say outside.
I like dark hair and round faces some what girls be lacking.
Also like brown skin. Kinda have a latin american thing (but not limited to that)

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
I could say I would prefer to date outside of my ethnicity. And I might even say I would find it weird if others felt like they couldn't. To me the whole mystery of a different culture and getting over the obstacles that may carry attracts to wanting to date outside of my known culture. As well I can say I find most other ethnicities fairly attractive due to the fact they don't share the same physical elements of what I am used to seeing, hence making them more attractive.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I don't think it would matter. Although I've mostly dated girls of European descent and Australian upbringing (at least having grown up here even if raised by parents from another culture).

I appear to have a type but I don't really consider my "ethnicity or race" when I like someone.

I also live in (and have lived in) pretty "white" areas which tend to be populated by European ex-pats or their descendants.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Being an Asian/Euro mix, I guess it just leaves it a bit more open for me? And sorry if someone has mentioned it before, but your poll *really* needs a "don't give a shit about ethnicity option". There are beautiful, smart and caring girls in every ethnicity, by limiting yourself to really discovering someone because of their race, well it's your loss really. I was just happy to keep my options open (happily married now though). For those who may not be that keen, I will just say one thing: Give it a try! While you're young and single, there's nothing better than being informed.

You may never know what you're missing, and you may be very pleasantly surprised.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
disgruntledgamer said:
dfphetteplace said:
I don't really care. If I liked someone, I would date/marry if it went that far, regardless of all else. If I get along with them, then I see no issue with it. I am white, and my wife is white, but that is just the way it worked out. I see nothing wrong with dating someone different than myself.
Than pretend you don't know them than make a preference.
Regardless, I don't care. It does not enter my thoughts that if someone is from somewhere else, or has a different color skin, that I couldn't be with them.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
dfphetteplace said:
disgruntledgamer said:
dfphetteplace said:
I don't really care. If I liked someone, I would date/marry if it went that far, regardless of all else. If I get along with them, then I see no issue with it. I am white, and my wife is white, but that is just the way it worked out. I see nothing wrong with dating someone different than myself.
Regardless, I don't care. It does not enter my thoughts that if someone is from somewhere else, or has a different color skin, that I couldn't be with them.
If it never enter your thoughts you wouldn't of clicked on the link or bother to post. Everyone has a preference, some more than others but everyone does.

dfphetteplace

Nov 29, 2009
disgruntledgamer said:
dfphetteplace said:
disgruntledgamer said:
dfphetteplace said:
If it never enter your thoughts you wouldn't of clicked on the link or bother to post. Everyone has a preference, some more than others but everyone does.
Or I wanted to express my opinion, as that is what the thread is about. Being a poll and all, looking for peoples thoughts and opinions. That is my thought and opinion.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
madwarper said:
Where's the "Ethnicity doesn't affect dating habits" option?

Captcha: you good?
Yes, I am Captcha, thanks for asking.
My thoughts exactly. It doesnt matter now, as I am married, but before then the only thing that mattered to me was whether or not I was attracted to them. Ethnicity didnt matter to me, at all. I've dated asian girls, black girls, white girls.... heck, I think I even dated a liberal girl once. :)

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
disgruntledgamer said:
dfphetteplace said:
disgruntledgamer said:
dfphetteplace said:
A preference? All that matters to me is that there is an attraction. As far as preference goes, I guess you could say I have a severe weak spot for asian girls, but that has nothing to do with my race or anything of that nature. I'm a white guy.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
I'm unsure by what is meant by ethnicity. Is it to do with like skin colour, or area that someone is from?

If it's to do with skin colour, then I've been with someone of African descent, but the majority of my relationships and other things have been with white girls.

I'm currently with a Caucasian American, I myself am white British.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Yo OP, you missed the don't care option, I don't care, it's all in personality, and women who have a personality that is compatable with me are rare as fuck anyway, so if it happens to be someone from a different culture/country/"race" then so be it.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Any race is fine by me. Not trying to be politically corect or anything, just sayin' that there are attractive girls wherever you look.

Azurian

Oct 27, 2010
Being a black male I have dated a white woman and I have dated a black woman I love all women why should I stay in my own group when there are so many different women in the world.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Ethnicity isn't something I care about. Typically, I don't encounter many women of other ethnicities, so i imagine I will end up with a girl of the same ethnicity, but that's more of a probability thing than an attraction thing.