Poll: Death and All His Friends...

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Lets say you've befriended Death... He gives you 3 choices...

You can choose WHEN you die...
You can choose HOW you die...
You can choose WHERE you die...

So which would you choose? And Why?

I'll have fun reading all your responses...

EDIT: A lot of people seem to think that they can cheat Death by going for something outlandish like, "I'll die when pigs fly!" and other crap like that... Lets just say that Death wouldn't approve of your abuse of his friendship, so he'd try extra hard to get you (maybe to the point where pigs start growing wings)...

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
But what if how when and where you die are inextricably linked? Like if you get run over by the 2:00pm train as it leaves central station?

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Jim Grim said:
But what if how when and where you die are inextricably linked? Like if you get run over by the 2:00pm train as it leaves central station?
Just be very specific when your talking to Death. Say you want to die at 5:30 PM on June 6th, 1954, or something like that...

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
I'd choose how. I just don't want to die painfully. Preferably sniped while robbing a bank.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
Um... I'd probably choose how. This way I can make it possibly the most painless way to go out. And maybe the quickest.

Oh wait.. when is a good one too. Because then you can have your death be when you're like 100 years old or older than that.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
i would die on an exbidition to an untouched corner of the Earth (or perhaps some other planet) and die trying (and perhaps suceeding) to make a better world for our planets animals!

there's a pretty obvious loophole in this thread, what's to stop us from wishing to die at the end of time itself? thus making us invinsible and, to a certain extent, imortal!

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
I would easily chose how I would die. I do not wish to live forever, so really when doesn't concern me. Anyway, I would prefer to live an average lifespan, and when you get old life will not be nearly as thrilling anymore. As for where I would die, well, that doesn't really matter to me in the slightest. And wouldn't that be included in how I die, seeing as it may have a huge impact on the way you want to die? Well, anyway, the reason I chose how is because I think knowing I will die in my sleep or peacefully makes me a lot less apprehensive then dying in a car accident or a fire. Great idea for a topic!

Darth IB

Apr 7, 2010
I voted when... but I think I'd actually go for Where, and pick some place ridiculously far away, like another galaxy. Should give me a rather long life, and/or a really cool journey.

fezzthemonk

Jun 27, 2009
Gotta go for where. If i chose the moon, there is not that much he can do to get me up there. i would never die if i didn't feel like it. i would die on my own terms

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Probably where I died. That way, as long as it is someplace so far out of the way, I will live forever. So long as I don't go to Euro Disney, I'll be fine.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
When, because controlling the "when" of your death also controls the "where" and "how". You could plan to be at a specific place for the "when" so that your death was how you liked it. Or you could say "I want to die now." Then you'd die right then instantaneously, at your choice.

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
I want "when", because then I could just set a timer and enjoy life without worrying about my health.

And that "when" is 115 years from now.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I'd pick where, and choose somewhere really far away, like a planet in a different solar system, meaning I would have to be involved with the exploration of a new planet, or just live indefinitely.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
How. I have thought about how I wanted to die. I would love if I could choose how to die. Plus I would hate to die a really terrible way like getting sucked into a wood chipper or something.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
I voted when to die. I can make it a long time from now, say, one trillion years from now.

Where. I can say something ludicrous such as the core of a star on the opposite side of the universe. So long as I am not outsmarted by something (teleportation), it will never happen.