Poll: Death Battle Goku vs Superman

Plasmadamage

Jul 24, 2012
Hard to call, cause they're both near invincible alien supermen.

Im calling Goku, cause last time Superman "died", they had to reboot the entire universe. Goku resurrects all the time.
Also, it doesn't matter how fast you are, teleportation is still faster

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
A thought occurs:

A technique is exhibited in DBZ that allows the user to create a light ball that generates the same light waves as the sun reflected off the moon. Surely it's not out of the question Goku or one of the others could develop a technique to generate light waves like those of a red star, rendering Superman useless?

Not that this is a serious discussion, but still.

Rylingo

Aug 13, 2008
Surely, as with all character battles, the arena where they fight and the point in that characters timeline that they come from are the most important things.

I mean if supes is in a galaxy with 40+ yellow suns orbiting around him surely that's a serious advantage. If it's Smallville Superman sitting on a moon made of kryptonite he'll be ripped in half.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I'd be genuinely shocked if the guys from DeathBattle didn't just make it a draw since it's so ridiculously hard to pin down exactly how strong each character is.

Assuming both are equal in pure natural ability, Goku would win because he actually trains to fight people of Superman's strength every day of his life. Then again, we might have another Batman vs Spiderman where the natural abilities of one makes it so the other simply could never win.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Goku no contest. He could destroy an entire planet long before he even went Super Saiyan and just look how powerful he was by the end of GT.
MarlonBlazed said:
I think Chi-Chi vs. Lois Lane would be a better fight but OK whatever.
That would be no contest either considering Chi-Chi is trained in martial arts and is a lot stronger than the average human.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
I feel sorry for poor, poor Superman. At Gokus weakest, he is still capable of killing Superman with one finger blindfolded.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
As one who thinks Dragonballz is one of the worst animes ever, I vote for Superman.

generals3

Mar 25, 2009
verdant monkai said:
So the most anticipated and most postponed Death Battle should be out soon? Well I hope so because its 2013 now and its not on the website. http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle

I know it really depends on what you prefer DC comics or DragonBall Z, but I will ask anyway.

Super Saiyan V.S Superman who will win?

I am not a great person to ask because my experience of Dragonball Z is this video and various other parodies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pSmhZFbCy0
But my money is on the man of steel because he can pull planets around, his punch alone would probably kill Goku because Supes is faster than...... something very fast (he almost beat the flash in a race one time). So Superman would move faster than goku can react and smash Goku's head in, with an orbit altering right hook. But apparently death is not much of an issue for Goku as he has died and come back multiple times. Superman would be able to deal with this by kissing Goku passionately on the lips, causing him amnesia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2hXpc4n9cc

So yeah DragonBall Z fans bring the hate but I am not really biased just acting on my knowledge which is a lot of DC and no DBZ. So it's not really biased just the least reliable estimation out there. I have also bought season 1 of DBZ off ebay today, it was a gift to myself to celebrate the fact that my foul existence will continue to linger past the Mayan's expectations.
Let's put it this way: Vegeta could blow up a planet easily prior to his encounter with Goku. Goku became much stronger than vegeta was than. Than he became a super saiyan, again much much stronger than he was before. And so on... And let's not forget that Goku can use the instantaneous teleportation which probably makes him the fastest thing from all the fantasy worlds (he can travel through galaxies in a fraction of time). But even his "normal" speed probably far exceeds superman's. DBZ probably has the most overpowered characters in fiction. Which is kind of its weakness because it becomes quite ludicrous.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
Erm... Superman. Obviously.

I mean, you might be able to say "well Goku, he's much more powerful, his power level over 9000" (whatever the heck that means), but I've seen his TV show, it several episode of him floating in the air acting like he's constipated before he can actually do something. Superman, on the other hand, spends an entire episode of his TV show doing things.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
This has been settled. It's been proven with scientific math that Superman's power level is less than 7000, which means he's weaker (and would lose) to Goku by the time he learned Kaioken and was on his way back to fight Nappa and Vegeta.

This was concluded by some measure that defined Superman's strength by comparison to a regular human being (probably mentioned in a comic or else where lore wise) with a power level (according to Raditz's scouter) being 5.

Even if it were 1, Superman would at best reach only 35 000. Krillin could beat Superman post-Namek.

Superman and Goku have similar abilities, but the Dragonball universe is filled with ridiculously powered creatures where as DC contends with very human-level threats most of the time.

MarlonBlazed

Jun 9, 2011
Hazy992 said:
Goku no contest. He could destroy an entire planet long before he even went Super Saiyan and just look how powerful he was by the end of GT.
MarlonBlazed said:
That would be no contest either considering Chi-Chi is trained in martial arts and is a lot stronger than the average human.
I know, I know. Daughter of the Ox king, martial arts and one of the strongest women on earth but cat fight... YeYe Cat fight. Maybe they'll kiss.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
There wouldn't be a fight, because they wouldn't have a reason to. Besides, I call them equals, especially since Superman and Goku are basically alternate versions of one another. Last son of Krypton/Vegeta, arrived in a small space ship, has super human strength and abilities, the list of similarities go on and on.

If for some reason they had to fight, I would say it would end in a draw, Goku wouldn't kill him because he's not evil and Superman tends to not kill people either.

Yeah, this is the most likely scenario. They're both genuinely good guys. Goku has been known to kill his enemies as a last way out.

If they were to fight I would say they would prove to be evenly matched. I really don't know if it would be possible to determine the outcome of such a battle.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
So let's say for some reason they did have to fight to the death, this battle is going to rage on for a while. What Superman has in stamina and endurance, Goku surely matches with speed and technique. The problem is that we've never really seen Goku actually go all out in a fight, he's almost always worried about destroying the planet he's on.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
MarlonBlazed said:
Hazy992 said:
MarlonBlazed said:
I know, I know. Daughter of the Ox king, martial arts and one of the strongest women on earth but cat fight... YeYe Cat fight. Maybe they'll kiss.
Well it'd be less of a cat fight and more a tiger mauling a small kitten :p

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
generals3 said:
Let's put it this way: Vegeta could blow up a planet easily prior to his encounter with Goku. Goku became much stronger than vegeta was than. Than he became a super saiyan, again much much stronger than he was before. And so on... And let's not forget that Goku can use the instantaneous teleportation which probably makes him the fastest thing from all the fantasy worlds (he can travel through galaxies in a fraction of time). But even his "normal" speed probably far exceeds superman's.
Going back to near the start of dragonball, roshi blew up the moon easily enough, and he was revealed to have around 130 power level. By the end of Z or even GT power levels were in around the billion millions or some other insanely high number.

dragonball z really tends to kill any 'who would win' discussions like that XD
Maybe that's why the goku vs superman one comes up so often. Supes is the only guy people can think of whose OP enough to qualify for comparison
(though my own personal experience with superman cartoons... mostly the occasional justice league cartoon whenever i happened to be watching, he doesn't seem anywhere near as strong as some people say. I mean, he has your usual plot armour for the hero, and his super powers, but he's actually knocked around or fought to a stand still fairly easily... I'm guessing some alternate versions must be more powerful, maybe even into the 'gag character' kind of feats)

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
CommanderL said:
You did not link to the video's down by death battle explaing there powers and strenghs
I had hoped that people would watch this when I linked them to a page with both videos on....
But anyway thanks for the link man I hadn't found that yet.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I am not that familiar with Superman (only seen a few episodes of 90's cartoon), but still:
The rules of deathbattle are simple: characters fight to the death and if they have a "no killing" policy, then it is turned off. Also, they cannot make preparations for a fight, so no solar charging gor Superman and no senzu bean stacking for Goku (it's one of the reasons why batman lost to spiderman: he didn't knew who he was fighting with).
So:
Goku is a better fighter, he is stronger, faster, knows how to teleport and even his basic energy rays are a lot more effective then Supermans eye-lazers. But he is not the smartest person around, so Superman just might trick him.
Also, we don't know which versions of characters will be used, so we are still free to speculate.