Poll: Desktop or Laptop?

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
A question everyone should be able to answer: what are you using to get on the forums now?

I searched and didn't come up withe anything. It's a simple question. I'm not sure what would come under other (supercomputer??) but I put the option anyway just to be on the safe side...
You could say if you have more than one pc or something - I know this topic doesn't really make much discussion but meh.

I'm on a laptop, and I pretty much always am unless I'm in the computer rooms.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
It's incredibly we were chained to those darned desks for so long, i feel so liberated that i can recline on the furniture and toast my balls every now and then.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
Desk top, I don't like to use the laptop unless I'm going outside with it.

Trendkill6

Dec 14, 2008
I have a laptop but i prefer desktop because laptops overheat and are more eradic whilst playing games.

Rylian

Dec 7, 2008
A Blackberry storm!

Seriously though, I hate laptops. Keyboards and screens too small, and I despise the touchpads.

RetiarySword

Apr 27, 2008
I have a PC, but its broke. I'm using a laptop now but it lacks a decent battery and I can't watch youtube videos in HD. My ideal setup would be an epic PC (Which I have but its just broke) to play games on, but a laptop for general purpose like msn, music, etc.

Aac18

Mar 21, 2009
Desktop, I'm so used to a standard keyboard on a desktop that when I get around to using the smaller laptop keyboards I always end up hitting the wrong keys which is just infuriating.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
My laptop is currently better than my PC, so, I use it. For everything. I play my PC games on it, type up documents on it, and everything else I do.

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Desktop... THE RAW POWER OF IT OWNS ANY LAPTOP!!! tho... not the new alienware laptop with a quadcore cpu in it..

InvisibleSeal

The Invisible One
May 3, 2009
5stringedbandit said:
Desktop. Not fond of laptops, everyone I know who has one's is either really really slow or broken.
I'm probably the only one I know who has a laptop faster than the desktop I have access too - plus, the desktop is really new, so I don't really understand.

EDIT: then again you can't really upgrade a laptop...

10BIT

Sep 14, 2008
Laptop since my desktop has died and I don't know why.

Question: What could cause an OS to become corrupt and prevent the OS from being reinstalled?
Note: I'm sure it's not a virus or a hard disk drive problem. I'd guess motherboard or bios but I'm not certain.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I'm on a desktop. I used to have a laptop, but it came to an unfortunate end when it decided to go wrong half way through a really bad day. I was forced to replace it with a desktop for financial reasons - studentism etc, and the usual rigmarole of a desktop being much cheaper than a laptop of the same spec.

dadadahahaha

Jun 27, 2009
Desktop, probably only because I'm so used to it. I have a laptop that is much faster, but Desktops just feel right.

Blitzkrieg8

Jun 25, 2008
Laptop, because i don't like to be told where i should use the computer i don't want a desktop to own me.

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
laptop. although i think that i have been sold the wrong software with it, so i may need to return it.

it doesn't really affect me whether i use a laptop or a desktop computer though. the only issue with a laptop for me is the touch pad, and i bought a proper mouse, so that problem no longer exists.