Poll: Did You Kill Paarthurnax?

ComandaKool

Jun 5, 2011
I am of course referring to the Master Dragon of the Greybeards in Skyrim. Personally I did not kill him as he posed no threat.

How did you deal with Paarthurnax?

Xarathox

Feb 12, 2013
I killed him once on a subsequent playthrough just to see what the "blades" had over the greybeards. Needless to say, I was disappoint, so I've left him alive every time since.

I never really liked Delphine anyway, so she can just eat a dick.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Nope

He's the best character in game, not to mention, Delphine asked me so rudely. A good old fashioned Fus Ro Dah off the Grey Beard's cliff and she's good as gone. (Figuratively dead in my book).

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Nope. No reason to, and he (and the Greybeards) made a better case not to.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Oh yes, but by the time I did, all the regular quests were finished anyway so I was on a self-imposed quest to kill everybody.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Terminate421 said:
Nope

He's the best character in game, not to mention, Delphine asked me so rudely. A good old fashioned Fus Ro Dah off the Grey Beard's cliff and she's good as gone. (Figuratively dead in my book).
Pretty much like that. Yeah i would have liked to have my own army of elite-dragon-murderers, sure. But still Paarthurnax is the one of the VERY VERY few characters which stood out of the bland masses.

He never lied to me, he never attacked me. He was a great asset. (More so than 3-5 dudes in an old fortress). He was a cool bro. So why would i kill him? (I would say ANYBODY who killed him has a problem *g*)

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
No he was a great character.

I think there is meant to be a mentor/student relationship between him and the dragonborn or at least that's how I see them

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Nah I just couldn't do it. Paarthurnax was way too awesome.
Terminate421 said:
A good old fashioned Fus Ro Dah off the Grey Beard's cliff and she's good as gone. (Figuratively dead in my book).
Haha awesome idea now I want to go do that.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Okay here my story went.
- "Kill him or you gettin' no sex from me"
- I went to him, tried to kill him ... failed (As in I hit him and nothing happened) and left.
- Went back quests later and just hit him until it triggered a battle.

... and then I just killed him, shrugged and walked away. I just didn't trust him at all, just like how I voted
Also my guy doesn't hate ALL the dragons he just ... distrusts some of them.

And Paarthurnax was one of those 'distrusted' ... which I killed.
You know for the good of the world and stuff. >.> ... <.<

EDIT: In our relationship I saw it that we were using each other.
I wanted power.
He wanted Alduin gone.

... or maybe I killed him because I thought that he was going to turn evil in a million years time.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Nah, the Blades sucked, so screw them.

He wasn't really a threat, and seemed to be one of 'the good ones' (jesus that sounds racist), so I figured he was okay to keep alive.

The Blades, on the other hand, seemed to be a group of outdated fools that wouldn't know a broadsword from a curved sword...
Even as it cleaving them in two.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
No, the two of us where bro's.

Paarthurnax was one of the few characters in skyrim I held any attachment to, I wasn't going to kill him just because a paranoid ***** and her senile friend asked it of me.

If given the choice between getting aid from a dragon or two humans, one of which is extremely unlikable then i'd rather kill the humans and keep chilling with Paarthurnax.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
really I just killed parthanax for the extra soul to spend cause it was an excuse to kill one of the thousands of npc's whining to me about their problems.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
First playthough I didn't even realize you could kill him. I pretty much never went back to high hrothgar after finishing.
I've not killed him on subsequent playthroughs because I've either a) not got that far or b) been running a character who sucks against dragons.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Not a chance. He's the only surviving dragon from the war back then who helped the humans fight his brethren, no way am I going to kill him just because he's a dragon, he's proved himself to be a valuable ally, unlike Delphine.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I don't know if it was just me but the way his mouth moved in relation to his none animated head, it looked like he was smiling after ending each sentence...

...laid back and cool, I like it!

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
SkyHavenTempleEnhanced. I figured I should put Delphine in her place. They serve me, not the other way around.

Never killed Parthuunax before, never going to kill him in any playthrough. If I didn't install the mod, the Blades could go suck a collective, sentient dick.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Never have, never will. They NEED to get over their problems with dragons and realize maybe people/dragons can change as they age, realizing the mistakes of their youth.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
Kill Paarthurnax? Why? Because that **** Delphine told me too? Fuck that shit. What have the Blades ever done for me, and what could they do that P and the Greybeards couldn't? Nothing, is the answer. I led her up to the top of the Blades' mountain and Fus Ro Dah'd her off, 40 gold bounty be damned.