Poll: Digimon or Pokémon?

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Not as in a bloodmatch but which one you like. Both have been around for a while and have had card games, tv shows, toys, and videogames so they're equal in my eyes. I guess its like," do you like Coke or Pepsi," kinda deals. Just want to see what people like or if people even remember Digimon. So go ahead and vote on which one and say why.

My vote is for Digimon, mainly because when they tell me that the franchise is about Digital Monsters, I expect a couple of malformed and gruesome beasties as well as a couple hundred giant ones. Pokémon don't really look like monsters, maybe some like Muk and Koffing, but the rest just look like pets. When you advertise Pocket Monsters, give us some ugly beasties not cutesy-wootsey ones. Plus, feel there's more of a bond between Digimon tamer and Digimon since Digimon can FREAKING SPEAK!!! I'm sorry but a species of Pokémon that can only repeat their own species name is kinda daunting, but a species of monsters created by the web and capable of human speech is alittle more believable, that's why I like Digimon. It's... I guess more mature, I can see why the younger crowd might not like, it's because they really look like beasts and can do some crazy stuff and come in crazy forms with crazy abilities. I also appreciate the amount of story and depth they put into Digimon, some you may scoff and think,"depth in a kid's show? Pshaw!" but there was! Digimon DIED, even if they were reincarnated as eggs and start all over again, they can still DIE! Pokémon faint, go to a Pokécenter and their back at %100; Digimon get beat up, they die and become reincarnated as eggs. I think it's a little more emotional when you realize your pet can die, and can speak the same tongue as you, and is capable of a conversation. That's why I like Digimon, what about you?

ayylamao

Oct 4, 2010
I always liked pokemon better. I played almost all of the pokemon games, and when I first saw digimon, I thought it was a rip-off, and beause of that I never got into it, so yeah... I mean, I dont hate it, but I didnt know what it was, so I decided it probably wasnt good.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pokemon for games.

Digimon for everything else. Huge fan of Tamers, here!
Which was your favorite Digimon? I liked Agumon and I ALWAYS tried to get Seraphimon in each new game.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hectix777 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Pokemon for games.

Digimon for everything else. Huge fan of Tamers, here!
Which was your favorite Digimon? I liked Agumon and I ALWAYS tried to get Seraphimon in each new game.
Guilmon. Always. Never gonna change. EVER.

Timmehexas

Aug 15, 2010
Well already been said twice, but yeah in terms of games Pokemon and I liked the Digimon show better when I was a kid. Not to say I don't like the Digimon games, I've had fond memories of Digimon World 2003.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Digimon because it wasn't just a game of rock paper scissors. And there were actually bad guys, the world was really in peril. AND NO ONE GOT BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE THROUGH FU*KING TEARS!!!!

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Xpwn3ntial said:
Medabots.

I break this thread.

Really, Pokemon.
Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something! Oh well, I guess I'll do a new thread in a couple of days about," favorite Saturday morning cartoons," and put Medabots in there and maybe even Beyblade.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
I always liked them both. Pokemon tends to have the better games, though I loved Digimon World 3 (the advertising was stupid, it had almost nothing to do with the game, and Bandai... *sigh* /facepalm)

Digimon did tend to have the better TV series. It pretty much fell off after the third season, though both have gotten... I think "stupid" is the nicest way I can put it. I'm sorry but they've had no development at all, and casually discard any developments and relationships that might have been interesting.

My favorite Pokemon are Scizor and Blaiziken, because "red=awesome", and they both kick serious ass.

My favorite Digimon is Kotemon (from DW3) and his evolved forms: Dinohumon (Native American lizardman with a bunch of swords? awesome!), Kyukimon (a pink, bladed squirrel with scythes for arms... and moustache? hella awesome!) and GuardiAngemon (a metal angel with giant blades for hands and more giant blades for wings? oh hell yeah!)

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
Digimon because it wasn't just a game of rock paper scissors. And there were actually bad guys, the world was really in peril. AND NO ONE GOT BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE THROUGH FU*KING TEARS!!!!
GET THIS MAN A STEAK!!!

OT: I forgot that Ash died once...meh well, never cared for him. Mainly because he was 10 and was sent out into the world on his own with an array of superpowered animals. Who the f*** does that? Those kinds of beats should be I'm the military or something. In Digimon they all stumbled upon the prodigious digital world(Izzy was one of my favorite characters, and his Digimon was the shit) or the organization responsible for dealing with Digimon. I mean, why has no one in that world questioned the ethics behind giving kids super beasts? A paramilitary/government group and a couple of kids tumbling upon this world is believable. That's why you get the steak, enjoy the New York Strip.