Poll: Digimon or Pokémon?

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
Pokemon, I like the monsters more. While both have good designs I like the fact that Pokemon are pretty much animals with superpowers. While Digimon has some better designs they most of them go to crap the more they evolve since they become half mecha. Also I just prefer a fictional animals over a fictional sentient programming, while it may not be as cool it is more cute.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
ZonerZ said:
monster rancher is the only one that ever counted for me. Not even considering the games.
This one speaks truth.

(Okay, other than DBZ and Digimon with Medabots!1! trailing behind)

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
OH GOD, I loved Digimon when I was growing up. While everyone else was buying Pokemon cards, I was buying Digimon cards.

Fawcks

May 10, 2010
I've always prefered Digimon, but immerse myself in more Pokemon because the Pokemon games are... You know... Better.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Pokemon without a doubt. Games are great, show was my childhood. Digimon just cant touch this. (enter music here)

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Hectix777 said:
AgentBJ09 said:
Digimon for me. I used to be into Pokemon until I started watching Digimon years ago in high school. The games may not be as good in quality terms, but they have some gems among the rest.

Marik2 said:
Yeah it was surprisngly better than I expected and it had a good theme song that wasnt the same as the past 3 seasons...I wonder if there's a full version to the song.
I agree. Frontier was a lot better than some give it credit for.

The theme song was great, considering this was Disney's first dubbed season of Digimon. The voice acting was a bit odd at times, but I liked the idea of the Digi-destined using the data of Digimon to become those creatures. Being a huge fan of Power Rangers and Super Sentai certainly helps.
Did you just change your profile pic because of this thread?
No. Kudamon has been my avatar ever since I joined in May last year. I was watching Savers/Data Squad at the time.

blizzardstar

Dec 27, 2008
both are really awesome in their own unique way. I have love the Pokemon games since the original red and blue but Digimon had the better animea and toys, especially the digivoultion/transforming toys.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
King of the Sandbox said:
Hectix777 said:
Hectix777 said:
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
Pokemon has the better games. Digimon has the better shows.
This. Pretty much word for word what I was thinking.

The only thing I can't decide on is which theme song was better.

"Chaaaaaaaange, into digital monsters tooooooo save the digital WERLD." vs. "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever waaassss..."
Interesting fact: Young Micheal Jackson actually wrote the theme song to the first Pokémon series, so props there you might have to give it to season 1 Pokémon, but in later series of both franchises you might have to give props to Digimon.
Uhm... no he didn't.

Here, check it. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Theme
Dammit Johny, you lied to me!!! Oh well, it seems like something he would've done, and they sound oddly similar atleast to my ears.

It does have that vocal flair, I'll give you that.

Yeah, and MJ did love kids. I'm not making a joke I still believe he's innocent and has paid his dues regardless, but he was a big fan to the kids and did a lot of charities, it's not hard to imagine that he did a theme song for a kids show

One more thing, who was that girl in the intro from the first season? She looked like a Lass from Pokémon but we never see her in the series only the part where pikachu runs under her skirt.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Pfft. You only get one Digimon. Screw that. Pokemon all the way.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
Where's the option for "this comparison would never be made if they didn't both have the suffix 'mon' "?

If I had to choose I'd go Pokémon all the way.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
King Toasty said:
Pokemon, but Digimon had the catchiest. Theme. Ever.
l

I Liked the theme with those group of kids that did that spirit evolution thing. That season was one of the deeper ones and I like Aguilamon and BeastAguilamon.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
I haven't in all my life watched a single digimon episode or played their games. I guess their time slots didn't agree with me? :/

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'd say a series that can stay good for three seasons then progressively get crapper is better than a series that has one good season then people invent conspiracy theories to try to forget the rest.

EDIT: *has the urge to kill everyone who complemented Digimon Frontier*

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Definitely Digimon. They had some monsters that looked like actual monsters and the first series actually had a story.