Poll: Digimon or Pokémon?

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
UnmotivatedSlacker said:
Pokemon has the better games. Digimon has the better shows.
This. Pretty much word for word what I was thinking.

The only thing I can't decide on is which theme song was better.

"Chaaaaaaaange, into digital monsters tooooooo save the digital WERLD." vs. "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever waaassss..."

Abbystraction

Apr 29, 2011
Digimon pretty much defined who I was when I was a kid and taught me a few decent morals, whereas Pokemon was more of a silly romp. While I like both of them, Digimon will win everytime.

That being said, Beyblade and Spider Riders were both shows I adored as a kid, but no one seems to remember.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
Digimon because it wasn't just a game of rock paper scissors. And there were actually bad guys, the world was really in peril. AND NO ONE GOT BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE THROUGH FU*KING TEARS!!!!
Yeah, but in Pokemon the world isn't saved by childrens' dreams, so Digimon doesn't exactly have the high ground there. Still, I say Digimon, for a much more interesting and fleshed out world.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Digimon for me. I used to be into Pokemon until I started watching Digimon years ago in high school. The games may not be as good in quality terms, but they have some gems among the rest.

Marik2 said:
Yeah it was surprisngly better than I expected and it had a good theme song that wasnt the same as the past 3 seasons...I wonder if there's a full version to the song.
I agree. Frontier was a lot better than some give it credit for.

The theme song was great, considering this was Disney's first dubbed season of Digimon. The voice acting was a bit odd at times, but I liked the idea of the Digi-destined using the data of Digimon to become those creatures. Being a huge fan of Power Rangers and Super Sentai certainly helps.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
King of the Sandbox said:
UnmotivatedSlacker said:

"Chaaaaaaaange, into digital monsters tooooooo save the digital WERLD." vs. "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever waaassss..."
Interesting fact: Young Micheal Jackson actually wrote the theme song to the first Pokémon series, so props there you might have to give it to season 1 Pokémon, but in later series of both franchises you might have to give props to Digimon.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
Pokémon do have much better games, but if anyone could somehow blend the best parts of the Digimon games together(battles from world 2, a free to explore world, and the evolution system from dusk/dawn) it can have a lot of potential.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Haha. I actually watched the whole first season of Digimon Adventure recently. I had a nostalgia trip. What I noticed:
1) It's still entertaining, mostly...

2) There's always another unstoppable evil overlord whose even stronger than the last unstoppable evil overlord.

3) Watching all the Digimon digevolve in a row is annoying, especially when they go through 2 or 3 levels of it each.

4) Birdramon is a lame name

5) Towards the end of the season, they started playing some upbeat ska-ish song at the end of every episode....

That one. Why?

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
AgentBJ09 said:
Digimon for me. I used to be into Pokemon until I started watching Digimon years ago in high school. The games may not be as good in quality terms, but they have some gems among the rest.

Marik2 said:
Yeah it was surprisngly better than I expected and it had a good theme song that wasnt the same as the past 3 seasons...I wonder if there's a full version to the song.

The theme song was great, considering this was Disney's first dubbed season of Digimon. The voice acting was a bit odd at times, but I liked the idea of the Digi-destined using the data of Digimon to become those creatures. Being a huge fan of Power Rangers and Super Sentai certainly helps.
Yeah I was shocked that Disney actually made a good digimon show.

At first I thought it was retarded that kids turned into digimon, but it just grew on me and I enjoyed it.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
AgentBJ09 said:

Marik2 said:

Did you just change your profile pic because of this thread?

valkeminator

404Th Ravens. No.04
Nov 19, 2009
Digimon, the older incarnations was awesome as each digimon partner the kids have are relevant to who they are, and their traits. Pokemon doesn't have that much, except the bond of friendship.

Also, its just sad how recent digimon series has pretty much been ruined :(. I miss Digimon World 1 (the old Playstation breeding game)

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Hectix777 said:
UnmotivatedSlacker said:

Interesting fact: Young Micheal Jackson actually wrote the theme song to the first Pokémon series, so props there you might have to give it to season 1 Pokémon, but in later series of both franchises you might have to give props to Digimon.
Uhm... no he didn't.

Here, check it. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Theme

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
well I did like digimon seasons one and two 3 and 4 were ok but they were just too different and anything after that I won't bother watching because it's just so stupid. the other thing I don't like about digimon is the evolutions are random but i guess it can happen with them being data and all.the only digimon I really like is dogmon

my vote goes to pokemon.

Hectix777

Feb 26, 2011
Hectix777 said:
UnmotivatedSlacker said:

Uhm... no he didn't.

Dammit Johny, you lied to me!!! Oh well, it seems like something he would've done, and they sound oddly similar atleast to my ears.

King of the Sandbox

Jan 22, 2010
Hectix777 said:
Hectix777 said:
UnmotivatedSlacker said:

Uhm... no he didn't.

Dammit Johny, you lied to me!!! Oh well, it seems like something he would've done, and they sound oddly similar atleast to my ears.
It does have that vocal flair, I'll give you that.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Hectix777 said:
Dragonpit said:
First off: In the games, they have Pokemon graveyards, so yeah. They die.
Second: In season five, humans destroyed Digimon in such a way that they couldn't reincarnate into eggs, so they've been known to die for good, as well.
Third: While I enjoy both series, I prefer Pokemon by a close margin. I'm sorry, but Pokemon has more going for it. I even hear the anime has improved somewhat since it left 4Kids' hands.
Yeah but they never die in the game or in the show, for all I know there's a Teddy bear in those graves. Show me an instance of where an actual Pokémon died, as in flatline dead, in battle than I will believe that Pokémon can die.
well in the first games you do battle the ghost of a dead marowak to send it to it's rest