Poll: Disney? In my music? It's more likely than I think...

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
Nice rant. But there are too many nowadays.

Maybe the Mods should talk about making a Rants/User Essays section?

ImmortalItalian

Oct 19, 2008
Aries_Split post=18.74738.846645 said:
First of all, I can tell you wouldn't guess I met Dave Mustaine, Layne Staley, I've seen Atreyu, Metallica, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and many other bands in concert many many times.

Me liking a single band in no way dictates what I can and can not like, also, I find it quite pretentious you think you have the right to declare what is actual music.

For the record, Avenge Sevenfold is, in my eyes, terrible.
For the record, your life is, in my eyes, terrible. :l

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
I kinda like the old disney songs, i.e Aladdin and Beuty and the Beast, but the new stuff theyve been releasing... awful :(

Sir_Montague

Oct 6, 2008
I'll give them props about the creativity of some of their older music... But the fact that every new disney actor or actress gets a recording contract is ridiculous.

Mr. Squirrel

Aug 28, 2008
JakubK666 post=18.74738.844683 said:
ultra920 post=18.74738.844673 said:
Disney really needs to Jump In The Fire. Someone tell them Disney to stay the HELL away from rock. Their diluting the quality of it like emo rock does.

Don't even get me started on high school musical. There is only ONE reason why a straight man should search anything related to it.
So I'm not the only one who saw these leaked pictures a Vanessa?
No, you're not alone, it is about the only thing I've seen that's related to HSM, and the only thing I liked

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
I've noticed a bit of love for the classic Disney stuff here. So, just to be 100% clear, I'm fine with the classic Disney stuff. You know, the animated films you watched when you were a kid.

What sends me into a rage like some sort of rabid bear is the current stuff.
Lord Krunk post=18.74738.846685 said:
Maybe the Mods should talk about making a Rants/User Essays section?
That's actually a really good idea.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
ImmortalItalian post=18.74738.846053 said:
My girlfriend's sister loves Jonas / Hannah. ... Somebody shoot me I actually have yelled at her sister to turn it off. I'm a metal / rock / etc freak so I mean honestly...
My girlfriend flies into near homicidal rages when crap like this is played... and she likes "eclectic" stuff, folk and musicals. I'm the same way and I like harmonic/melodic Indie rock, so it doesn't require a metal fan to hate shitty music.

L33tsauce_Marty

Jun 26, 2008
There is a TON of stuff like this on youtube, and the thing is there are people there that back them up. It's amazing what they write. All you have to do is type in 'Jonas Brothers Suck'.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
PedroSteckecilo post=18.74738.847686 said:
ImmortalItalian post=18.74738.846053 said:
My girlfriend's sister loves Jonas / Hannah. ... Somebody shoot me I actually have yelled at her sister to turn it off. I'm a metal / rock / etc freak so I mean honestly...
My girlfriend flies into near homicidal rages when crap like this is played... and she likes "eclectic" stuff, folk and musicals. I'm the same way and I like harmonic/melodic Indie rock, so it doesn't require a metal fan to hate shitty music.
Whoah. When someone that likes musicals hates the Disney stuff, that's when you know you've made a little bit of an error.

TheGreatGonzo26

Oct 8, 2008
I like some of it (stereotypical girl), but beyond what I grew up with in the old Disney movies, I hate it. it annoys me to no end.

DocNinja

Oct 23, 2008
I just wanna go ahead and bring up the point that classic disney is awesome.

But then Walt died, no one could get a new f*cking idea, and the entire system went to hell.

Now, to be honest I listen to the radio a lot, and there are a few songs I can stand, but these freaks are nowhere near the level of 'rock'.

Sailor Tweek

Oct 23, 2008
Calm down, people! *LOL*

Wasn't incredibly impressed with the HSM music. I got through 3 songs and stopped. I gave it a fair chance, but it just isn't the kind of music I'm in to. Being that there seems to be a huge difference in Disney music that is sung by bands and pop talent and DIsney music that is in the animated movies. The animated movies have this wonderful Broadway feel about them (even before they became Broadway shows) that are catchy, most often funny, and have a hell of a lot more soul to them. Usually because they are being sung by a mermaid, a group of New York city dogs, or a boy with a dragon. The Disney pop music is being sung by unmagical, stereotypical teenagers going through all 3 years of high school.

While walking through DownTown Disney last month, I had the displeasure of hearing Hannah Montana, Jonas Bros, and every pop artist shredding Disney classic songs to pieces. Although I am very much NOT into that sort of music, I can see why it's so popular. Thank goodness it's easy to hide from. It's not played on any of the radio stations I listen to or played at work.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Sailor Tweek post=18.74738.847999 said:
Wasn't incredibly impressed with the HSM music. I got through 3 songs and stopped. I gave it a fair chance, but it just isn't the kind of music I'm in to. Being that there seems to be a huge difference in Disney music that is sung by bands and pop talent and DIsney music that is in the animated movies. The animated movies have this wonderful Broadway feel about them (even before they became Broadway shows) that are catchy, most often funny, and have a hell of a lot more soul to them. Usually because they are being sung by a mermaid, a group of New York city dogs, or a boy with a dragon. The Disney pop music is being sung by unmagical, stereotypical teenagers going through all 3 years of high school.
You've hit the metaphorical nail on the metaphorical head. That pretty much sums up my whole opinion about the matter.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
this whole thing is sickening.....jonas brothers and hannah montanah must be exterminated....and i need some metallica now to settle my nerves

The_Chief

Jun 3, 2008
ImmortalItalian said:
Watch some child come here and try and back up Disney music.
im somewere near the age group that loves the jonas brothers and all disney, but basically made between the 70s and the 1990s (aside from the girl rock groups and stuff like that) and i HATE HATE HATE anything disney shoots out there asses, which they seem to do alot. and i hope the disney headquarters everywhere explodes with the any and all disney "music stars" inside