Poll: Disney? In my music? It's more likely than I think...

Trace2010

Aug 10, 2008
Oh, I am sorry. I thought you meant all the cool people who did the work on the music for the Disney animated features. My bad.

rottenbutter

Aug 5, 2008
jim_doki post=18.74738.846194 said:
how quick you all turn on disney

i loved the lion king, and little mermaid, and beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. i'm willing to let a few things slide
But, here's the thing, it's not just a few things, it's a trend, a downward spiral. The magic that was once Disney is dead, and rotting. It's now just a corporation that takes advantage of a generation of stupid kids, by trying to market off this crap as "music".
This "new" Disney, is "Disney" in name only.

Edit: Sorry if I went on a bit of a rant there, I have just been extremely pissed at Disney, ever since they canceled Gargoyles.

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
rottenbutter post=18.74738.846242 said:
jim_doki post=18.74738.846194 said:
how quick you all turn on disney

i loved the lion king, and little mermaid, and beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin. i'm willing to let a few things slide
But, here's the thing, it's not just a few things, it's a trend, a downward spiral. The magic that was once Disney is dead, and rotting. It's now just a corporation that takes advantage of a generation of stupid kids, by trying to market off this crap as "music".
This "new" Disney, is "Disney" in name only.
I believe I am supposed to say "This".

liquidious-fleshbag

Jul 24, 2008
I hate how Disney has literally ruined the meaning of the word "pop music". Some of you (hopefully) remember that pop back then wasn't just Elvis or the Beatles. Even bands like Nirvana and Radiohead had pop brilliance. These days, when someone mentions pop, they think of Backstreet Boys or Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers or whatever, bands/musicans that are have little or no pop smarts in any way.

We all know who's at least partly to blame.

templargunman

Oct 23, 2008
My problem with Disney is not that they release bad music, the music industry can handle that on it's own, but that they use TV that to most younger audiences is really the only channel for TV. For ages 8 to 14, Disney is the only place for kids to watch shows that aren't cartoons and aren't from the mid '90s or earlier. Disney has always had things like the Mickey Mouse club, so that's where Disney music was born, but Britney Spears wasn't under the Disney Label when she was at the top of the charts. Now Disney controls hundreds of artists that they place on their own TV station, and 8 to 14 year olds eat it up, because if Disney doesn't advertise it, they don't hear about it. I have no problem with things like MTV, because they play all the bad music, not just the bad music under one label, it's just Disney stops a large group of young people from hearing anything else than the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana.

DeusFps

Sep 3, 2008
I honestly believe the current generation of children entering their teens will bring destruction to the human race.

perfectimo

Sep 17, 2008
I loved most of the old Disney movies, if I didn't love them I liked them. I am with the majority on this.

I would just like to point out that a lot of you are flaming at nobody, it's kind of funny, I'd join in but I'm in class.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
SecretTacoNinja post=18.74738.844608 said:
I only like the music from the classic Disney movies.
This.
The part in Mulan where they crossdress to the sounds of "Be a man" remains my favourite three seconds in any movie ever made, ever.

Clairaudient

Aug 12, 2008
Old school Disney anyone? Elton John?

Donny Osmond told me he'd make a man out of me in China. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xj08-_Rmq4]

*Edit: Graustein and I are on the same wavelength.

ImmortalItalian

Oct 19, 2008
Aries_Split post=18.74738.846239 said:
I love the Jonas Brothers. Love bug is a really good song.
I feel bad for your mother :l Whoever spawned you must have wanted to drop you a few times.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I pretty much agree with everyone on this, Disney's music is fine but this crap has to stop. The cult of skaro must stop this crap and EX-TER-MIN-ATE the Jonas brothers!

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
ImmortalItalian post=18.74738.846458 said:
I feel bad for your mother :l Whoever spawned you must have wanted to drop you a few times.
Really? Or am I just secure and mature enough to be able to enjoy music that I like when everyone else is either in love or in hate with it.

/shrug really.

I like what I like, you like what you like.

ImmortalItalian

Oct 19, 2008
Aries_Split post=18.74738.846509 said:
Really? Or am I just secure and mature enough to be able to enjoy music that I like when everyone else is either in love or in hate with it.

/shrug really.

Mature? I don't think shouting "Jonas Brothers ROCK!!!11!!" In some other thread is mature. And listen to other actual music. It's similar to my alcohol analogy previously, Jonas are lame trying to coax the younger generation into a massive product placement world. Other bands actually have talent and work their way up. Qualifications to be a band member in Avenged Sevenfold - Drunk, lunatic, guitar shredding, screaming, mutt combination of music. Qualifications to be part of the Jonas Brothers - Learn how to be on the receiving end. Case closed. You lose. Period.

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
ImmortalItalian post=18.74738.846521 said:

/shrug really.

Mature? I don't think shouting "Jonas Brothers ROCK!!!11!!" In some other thread is mature. And listen to other actual music. It's similar to my alcohol analogy previously, Jonas are lame trying to coax the younger generation into a massive product placement world. Other bands actually have talent and work their way up. Qualifications to be a band member in Avenged Sevenfold - Drunk, lunatic, guitar shredding, screaming, mutt combination of music. Qualifications to be part of the Jonas Brothers - Learn how to be on the receiving end. Case closed. You lose. Period.
dude whit the yellow avatar... you are making an ass of your self
and... where is "jonasbrotherssuck"? i want to know his opinion XD

ImmortalItalian

Oct 19, 2008
milomalo post=18.74738.846543 said:
ImmortalItalian post=18.74738.846521 said:

/shrug really.

dude whit the yellow avatar... you are making an ass of your self
Dude with the brown nosing problem. :l Bugger off. I made a point. I can be an ass if I want.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
First of all, I can tell you wouldn't guess I met Dave Mustaine, Layne Staley, I've seen Atreyu, Metallica, Megadeth, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and many other bands in concert many many times.

Me liking a single band in no way dictates what I can and can not like, also, I find it quite pretentious you think you have the right to declare what is actual music.

For the record, Avenge Sevenfold is, in my eyes, terrible.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
*Ahem*

You say you've found yourself a new sound. The shit's loaded and they're ready to go. A bit too much just like the old sound, Already heard it for the hundredth time. One hundred more, all have the same sound. Running around with all the sheep that you know. It's so sublime, they're breaking new ground, they're sure to have another hit this time.

Come on!

Can't you just leave it alone? It doesn't have any soul. Just find a thing of your own. And stop pretending to know.

As the countless numbers hunger for world wide renown. All the pimping sons of plunder will roll up their sleeves. All searching for the answers they don't even care to know. Give it to me. Give it to me, You like it?

I'm still surrounded by the new sound. I've had enough and I'm ready to go. I'll stranglehold throughout the world now. The new obsession will fade in time. A thin reminder of the past now. All convoluted hardly ready to go. Their whines and moans will never last now. I think you've given us a fill this time.

Come on!

Can't you just leave it alone? It doesn't have any soul. Just find a thing of your own. And stop pretending to know. As the countless numbers hunger for world wide renown. All the pimping sons of plunder will roll up their sleeves. All searching for the answers they don't even care to know. Give it to me. Give it to me. You like it?

As it's blown apart, hundreds thrown away. Makes me question just what I believe. Brothers torn apart, mindless drones enslaved. Makes me search for an answer. I don't want to know. It's like a plague from below. Killing all that I know. One hundred voices the same. Drench their sorrow in fame

As the countless numbers hunger for world wide renown. All the pimping sons of plunder will roll up their sleeves. All searching for the answers they don't even care to know. Give it to me. Give it to me. As the countless numbers hunger for world wide renown. All the pimping sons of plunder will roll up their sleeves. All searching for the answers they don't even care to know. Give it to me. Give it to me. You like it?Tell me you like it. Tell me you like it. Tell me you like it. Tell me you like it.

ProjectileVomit

Jan 18, 2008
Johnn Johnston post=18.74738.844533 said:
ImmortalItalian post=18.74738.844522 said:
But who can clearly define rock?
It would be almost impossible to clearly define it, but there is a clear difference between what counts as rock and what masquerades as it.
Rock is too broad of a term to define a genre of music. Bands that call themselves rockers does not necessary mean they actually are rockers. There are the monstrosity that I called whiny teenage vocal (Lincoln Park, Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy). And there are the TRUE rockers that are the classic bands (Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Megadeth). Sadly the majority of the population prefers the first category of "rock." Just look at itunes. Did you ever see bands like King Crimson or Rush makes it to top 5? No, because there is hardly anyone who is able to appreciate the true representatives of rock and roll. And despite my hatred for Disney music or the crappy modern teenage bands today, they will continue to grow and expand because there is more than plentiful amount of dumbasses to buy their music.